AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-14, 20:35   Link #1
Shirozakii

New Anime

Is there any new animes out that are good?
Not childish ones such as Hitman Reborn or anything:

I've watched things like:
Serei no Moribito
D.GrayMan
Bleach
Naruto
Clannad
Ef- tale of memories
Bamboo Blade (PLEASE DON"T LIST SOL ANIMES!! =P)
and a lot more. Just recent ones that i probably haven't watched yet. SOmething that came out like, april such as Serei no Moribito.
Old 2008-03-14, 21:15   Link #2
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Shigofumi. This is one of the best shows this season for me, and it's very unique in a good way.

True Tears. Meh, it's decent. If you're bored, it's good enough to watch, but nothing that will impress you.

Kaiji and Shion no Ou. Both are good series, but enjoyment will vary due to interest.
Old 2008-03-15, 01:35   Link #3
ThoHell

Kimi Kiss Pure Rouge
Gundam 00
Mai-Otome Sifr
Spice and Wolf
Ghost Hound
Shana 2nd season + Zero no 2nd season
Ghost hunt
Rental Magica
Rosario + Vampire
H2O
Dragonaut
Moyashimon
Mnemosyne
Persona
Minami-ke
....passing....out.......
Old 2008-03-15, 02:22   Link #4
jedinat

Shion no Ou - I picked it up again a few days ago and am quite enjoying it.
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro - a psuedo-detective anime that is strangely enjoyable; I find myself continuing to follow it even as I drop arguably better anime.
Old 2008-03-15, 02:53   Link #5
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
True Tears. Meh, it's decent. If you're bored, it's good enough to watch, but nothing that will impress you.
Whoa, whoa, when did this come about?
Based on the three episodes I've seen, I'll also second Shigofumi, too, though I've sort of put it on hold (not because I disliked it, but moreso because I was lazy, much like Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Minami-ke Okawari) and saw episode three a month and a half ago.

SOL -> Slice-of-Life?

These aren't current anime, but are "new".
Baccano! is a bit of good action.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan is a mecha action series of manliness, epicness, and Yoko.
5 Centimeters per Second is a great romance and only mildly slice-of-life movie.
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai was a recent sequel to a gripping suspense/horror series with a good bit of comedy and development.

Shakugan no Shana II is another sequel to an action series that you might like. It's a fantasy action/romance type genre-mixing series with fights, tsuntsun, deredere, and melonpan.
Old 2008-03-15, 03:11   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Huh? When did what come about?

Ah, so SOL means slice of life here. I skipped past it because I thought it was something else.
Old 2008-03-15, 03:19   Link #7
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Huh? When did what come about?

Ah, so SOL means slice of life here. I skipped past it because I thought it was something else.
I thought you were a staunch supporter of True Tears and whatnot. Oh well.
Yeah, it took me a while to find something that SOL could be or stand for. I thought at first that he had missed a letter (SOLE? SOLD? BALLS?) but then I assumed it was Slice-of-Life because his comment followed Bamboo Blade.
Old 2008-03-15, 03:21   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Oh, that was a few episodes ago. If you check the True Tears forum, you will see me complaining about how much the last few episodes have disappointed me. It still currently sits at 7/10, which is pretty good.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:15   Link #9
Shirozakii

Quote:
Oh, that was a few episodes ago. If you check the True Tears forum, you will see me complaining about how much the last few episodes have disappointed me. It still currently sits at 7/10, which is pretty good.
Hey, thats not cool, true tears rock. I do wish he ends up with Hiromi though.

And is Shigofumi really that good? I don't like animes with no overarching story line, i remember watching hell girl and was sorely disappointed because it was composed of so many short stories.

Thanks for ur suggestions thhough.

Is there romance involved with Shion no Ou?
Old 2008-03-15, 13:15   Link #10
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post
Hey, thats not cool, true tears rock. I do wish he ends up with Hiromi though.

And is Shigofumi really that good? I don't like animes with no overarching story line, i remember watching hell girl and was sorely disappointed because it was composed of so many short stories.

Thanks for ur suggestions thhough.

Is there romance involved with Shion no Ou?
My rating scale is very accurate (meaning harsh), so 7/10 pretty much means 9/10 for any other people. Trust me, I do like True Tears, but it's just that I've seen very good anime that are better than True Tears, like Shigofumi for example.

And yes, Shigofumi is that good. However, it's one of those hit or miss anime. To top it off, it's episodic, so each episode itself can be hit or miss. I personally don't like all of the episodes, but for the ones I do like, I love them. But if you don't like episodic anime, then you can't really like it.

Shion no Ou have no romance, but it has mystery and suspense!
Closed Thread