AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-14, 02:36   Link #9801
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Anything even remotely close to Naruto's stance of immortality = immortality.

The Noah/Homunculus/Majin Buu argument works as well.
Erm... What is Naruto's stance?

But yeah, think of them as Noah/Homunculus...

(What's a 'Majin Buu' ?)

Quote:
I am aware that they are not THAT strong, as reflected by the numbers, ranks, and all that, but for all that matters, they are a bunch who's in possession of both skills and powers that are extremely powerful and alongside that, are in possession of excuses for their bodies to be chopped up badly, but still ease around with it.

That alone is h4xx enough to be on the playing field. Don't worry, you're not the only one.
I want to be able to place them on the same 'tier' as the main characters, but I also want to bring something slightly different.

But hey, as long as we're all h4xx...

Quote:
I haven't finalized it yet, but my still-pending idea of the Final Boss is something that requires at least 20 Arc-en-Ciels from the TSAB fleet, 1 Neo-Cradle's Phase Cannon (( undecided )), plus one final h4xx by the King using the memories of the planet (( Alhazred )) to destroy it.

And of course, all the major characters working together to buy time for the synchronized attack.
Toss in a black hole while you're at it
Old 2007-09-14, 02:40   Link #9802
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Slasher! Quote Form!
[Get Set!]
BACKLOG BREAKER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroRuLushe View Post
Would you like this to put you in your place?

*shivers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Excellent!
That's one way of winning the skies!
Hayate's SLB FTW!!!

And picture?
WANT!!!
I'll think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Gungnir Strike is just like Lancer's Noble Illusion!
Gae Bolg? Well, there are similarities...but Gae Bolg inverts the concept of causality, so even before it's thrown, it already has pierced the target (and it always goes for the heart, doesn't it? )
Gungnir is different though, doesn't use that Haxx ability
Quote:
And Hayate making a ceremony out of Starlight Breaker? Sure adds a lot of style to an otherwse boring charge-up phase.
Hmm, Hayate's SLB is a modified version of Reinforce I's, that she used in A's

Quote:
Time for Resolve! Koji's gonna be the star ne?
Yep, Koji vs Cinque - right in the ION CANON's target zone.

Let's hope Cinque doesn't appear in episode 25, and if she does, let's hope it can use that in my advantage.
But anyway, this next Chapter will be located in episode 23 so...there's still time

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yui/Hayate Combo Attack with Starlight Breaker?!?!

WIN INDEED Now we really need to see a drawing of Hayate carrying Yui
Okay, if you want it that much
*adds to list*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Yui/Hayate combo? NAISU!!!

Quote:
Quite nice.

But the earlier parts with Quattro felt a little off-hand. She's shown that she's not the type to "NO WAI" even when faced with worse and more powerful shifts of events.
*checks script*
Well, when Hayate did Diabolic Emission, Quattro did go "Uso~"
That's the reaction I inteded to transmit...guess I forgot to edit that part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
*drops another vote for Hayate and Yui*

Although SLB?????:c onfused:
Since when could Hayate use that..... Considering we haven't seen her use any of Reinforce 1's other attacks...

Oh wait... never mind.. I just saw your comment at the end.
Yeah
You guys really want that scene

I'll work on it soon

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-09-14 at 03:06.
Old 2007-09-14, 02:48   Link #9803
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Have you seen Haruhi? Itsuki from that series, and Acous Verossa share the same VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because Acous IS Itsuki
Well they always called him Koizumi so I never noticed. ^.^'
Old 2007-09-14, 03:05   Link #9804
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I haven't finalized it yet, but my still-pending idea of the Final Boss is something that requires at least 20 Arc-en-Ciels from the TSAB fleet, 1 Neo-Cradle's Phase Cannon (( undecided )), plus one final h4xx by the King using the memories of the planet (( Alhazred )) to destroy it.

And of course, all the major characters working together to buy time for the synchronized attack.
OUCH

That's a LOT of firepower to be dumping at any one time

I suppose you don't need the help of these guys then?

Spoiler for THESE GUYS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
ANYWAY, I suppose it’s time I acutally contributed some content again. The Inspection arc is ongoing, but I’m making progress and with classes done for the week I should get a good chunk (or maybe the whole thing) done by the end of the week. Anyway here’s a teaser for the fight scene, it’s just a bit after the initial clash after Felix has gone to ground and is starting up his strategy in earnest.

Spoiler for Fight Snippet:

Comments and such are of course more then welcome.
So from a simple Brawl, it became a full-fledged combat exercise/sniping battle? And nice technique and tactics by Felix there, befitting a sniper

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-14, 03:21   Link #9805
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
OUCH

That's a LOT of firepower to be dumping at any one time

I suppose you don't need the help of these guys then?

Spoiler for THESE GUYS:
They better be.

Last edited by USB500; 2007-09-14 at 03:32.
Old 2007-09-14, 03:23   Link #9806
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

I agree with Lowe, isn't that a bit too much?

Even Behemoth didn't need that much to be taken out (Original Story's Final Boss reference )
Old 2007-09-14, 03:28   Link #9807
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Even Behemoth didn't need that much to be taken out (Original Story's Final Boss reference )

It's still pending after all

But at least we get a sneak peek into Nightengale's realm of 'H4XX'
Old 2007-09-14, 03:33   Link #9808
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

Quote:
It's still pending after all

But at least we get a sneak peek into Nightengale's realm of 'H4XX'
Oh, well, there's always Big Daddy Yo and his SUPREME HAXX power.

SRW: Divine Wars ep6 is made of win.

"Ware ni tatenu mono nashi!"

Old 2007-09-14, 03:36   Link #9809
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I call it proportionality to size.

I'm still pending it, but it'll be the size of several moons.

Cradle is capable of drawing magic from the 2 moons of Mid-childa, and it's presumably Alhazred-tech in nature. Amplify that several times, add a few more moons, and rather than just drawing magic, completely consumes the magic source...

Plus I'd like to think that Alhazred's moons would be more powerful than Mid-childa's.

And there you have it. A believable extremely powerful final boss using canon materials. Still undecided though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-14, 03:42   Link #9810
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Cradle is capable of drawing magic from the 2 moons of Mid-childa, and it's presumably Alhazred-tech in nature. Amplify that several times, add a few more moons, and rather than just drawing magic, completely consumes the magic source...

And there you have it. A believable extremely powerful final boss using canon materials. Still undecided though.

I think RakaelStahlMut getting an Arc upgrade may not be so H4XX afterall...

*is quite tempted to summon Chou Ginga Dai Gurren Lagann from an alternate dimension*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-14, 03:45   Link #9811
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
So from a simple Brawl, it became a full-fledged combat exercise/sniping battle? And nice technique and tactics by Felix there, befitting a sniper
Well Vita wanted a brawl, Felix just wanted to kick her ass, eventually, a brawl with an expert in Belkan magic was never his goal (he’s been on the wrong side of those before, wasn’t fun) so the fight was never going to be a pure head on showdown, it's a grudge match, but not necessarily a brawl. He wants her at arms length and off balance, she wants him in plain sight and close so she can thwack him good. Most of the fight will revolve around their attempts to get in or stay in those comfort zones.

Besides we get so many battles that are just balls to walls rush in and start thwacking or blasting and that can be cool, but I wanted to try something different a bit slower with more focus on the thought processes and tactics then raw power and simple battle prowess. Besides forcing poor old Vita to think if she wants to bash is fun (), and I hope to make her not look like a total dummy either, maybe not a tactical genius but quick to adapt and not ragingly incompetent.

Also the ending well feature plenty of carnage, fireworks, and brawling so don't worry…
Old 2007-09-14, 03:49   Link #9812
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

I think RakaelStahlMut getting an Arc upgrade may not be so H4XX afterall...

*is quite tempted to summon Chou Ginga Dai Gurren Lagann from an alternate dimension*

Do it.

Updates on Magical Girl Lyrical Cinderella are 75%. I know this is off-topic, but I see if I can post the ultimate grand finale this weekend.

Yes, Lowe, we're going to have a sunset finale here.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:11   Link #9813
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well Vita wanted a brawl, Felix just wanted to kick her ass, eventually, a brawl with an expert in Belkan magic was never his goal (he’s been on the wrong side of those before, wasn’t fun) so the fight was never going to be a pure head on showdown, it's a grudge match, but not necessarily a brawl. He wants her at arms length and off balance, she wants him in plain sight and close so she can thwack him good. Most of the fight will revolve around their attempts to get in or stay in those comfort zones.

Besides we get so many battles that are just balls to walls rush in and start thwacking or blasting and that can be cool, but I wanted to try something different a bit slower with more focus on the thought processes and tactics then raw power and simple battle prowess. Besides forcing poor old Vita to think if she wants to bash is fun (), and I hope to make her not look like a total dummy either, maybe not a tactical genius but quick to adapt and not ragingly incompetent.

Also the ending well feature plenty of carnage, fireworks, and brawling so don't worry…
Basically just a cat and mouse game of hide and seek for Felix, with Vita trying snuff him out from his hiding place

As long as there's sufficient carnage from both of them, it's AOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
[B]

Updates on Magical Girl Lyrical Cinderella are 75%. I know this is off-topic, but I see if I can post the ultimate grand finale this weekend.

Yes, Lowe, we're going to have a sunset finale here.

*Plays Trombe*

Old 2007-09-14, 04:26   Link #9814
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Erm... What is Naruto's stance?

(What's a 'Majin Buu' ?)
I think Naruto's stance of immortality is the Kyuubi regeneration, cause while he's using the Kyuubi's powers, his regeneration becomes h4xxx and i don't think he'll be affected by any poison (naruto movie 3) and genjutsu (not sure)

Majin Buu is a DBZ character whose most powerful form is Kid Buu. It's regeneration prowress is h4xx as well, he can get blown to bits and then the bits will join together, regenerating him for more info, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majin_Buu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Frankly, I would advise against making a distinction between offensive and defensive spells. A creative mage can use offensive spells defensively and defensive spells offensively.
Think on the following:
An offensive spell that can shoot down incoming attacks can be considered defensive.
A high-powered shield spell plus a speed boost spell allows the caster to plow though obstacles like a bullldozer, an offensive maneuver.
If you want two books regardless, I suggest one for dealing with attacks, either offense or defense; and another for support spells that do not directly attack or defend against attacks.
Hmm... good point there, still considering though

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-09-14, 04:34   Link #9815
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
BTW, I forget to ask... What's this "Fourth Wall"?
Fourth Wall.

Quote:
And the King's only because of his utmost mastery of barrier magic for both Mid-style and the Alhazred-style. And the Final Boss because Final Boss is HUEG and Son Gan Long h4xx.

M-masaka...

Quote:

Sounds plausible...
Well... ***** Regissuer is the size of a moon, anyway.

Quote:
ANYWAY, I suppose it’s time I acutally contributed some content again. The Inspection arc is ongoing, but I’m making progress and with classes done for the week I should get a good chunk (or maybe the whole thing) done by the end of the week. Anyway here’s a teaser for the fight scene, it’s just a bit after the initial clash after Felix has gone to ground and is starting up his strategy in earnest.

You can really see the contrast of their preferred tactics.
Both seem to be doing realtively well. Felix sure knows how to play hida and seek while Vita's reaction time and thinking is suitable.
APPROVED!!!

Quote:
So I said that the previous Arc was finished.

Maybe not.

Toning down on Sweetcheesium on this one... since it has been taken over by rabid BlueCheesium . In fact, I think this is my longest single scenario for all of my OC's

Spoiler for Waiting:

Late Edit:

Couldn't describe it well in the chapter, but here's an image of what Matsuri was wearing

Spoiler for Dress:
EPIC ROMANCE FTMFW!!!!

Freeman wins so much here! "I am God."? Self-esteem seems to be quite high...

And Kaylin's entrance was GOLDEN!!!

And of course, the details.

WIN!!!

Quote:
Yeah
You guys really want that scene

I'll work on it soon

@Keroko: I think these might fit as Tesla's pic.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-14, 04:41   Link #9816
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:

Holy...I likes! Though its not really for me to decide.
Old 2007-09-14, 04:47   Link #9817
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

NAISU

This'll really fit Tesla well! Now to wait for Keroko's approval

Old 2007-09-14, 05:15   Link #9818
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
The facility is run by him. Since it was project directly funded by his boss, there's no need to go through a middle man.

Jeno first met him when he came to inspect the new in-take of subjects.
Wait, so Jeno was the one who tied, gagged and experimented on him in chapter 9?

Quote:
DOES NOT COMPUTE!!!
For me, at least
Hoh, clashing opinions much? It's still a WIP though.

Quote:
Potential drama?

Now that I think of it... wasn't Tesla the only Wolkie Saga never met?

INSPIRATION!

*runs*
The only time you could say they 'met' was when Saga reflected Gungnir back at Tesla.

And since Tesla used that attack from a long range, no, not really.

Quote:
B-but-BUT! Tesla's supposed to look like a teenager with a ponytail, right?!
Not a ponytail, it's a low tail that runs down her back. Hair is not the problem, though. It's her eyes. Reinforce I's eyes are a bit emotionless.

Still, it's not going be the exact same picture with a bit of recolloring. Give me some credit at least. Ore wo dare da omote aru?

Quote:

Gutless coward... well, I supose that would be no-subtlety Vita's opinion. Not to mention a smart move on Felix part.

Quote:

Maybe not.

Toning down on Sweetcheesium on this one... since it has been taken over by rabid BlueCheesium . In fact, I think this is my longest single scenario for all of my OC's

Spoiler for Waiting:

Late Edit:

Couldn't describe it well in the chapter, but here's an image of what Matsuri was wearing

Spoiler for Dress:
There's still quite a bit of sweetcheesium in this one, though. But a good mix between Bluecheesium and Sweetcheesium is never a bad thing.

Quote:
Gae Bolg? Well, there are similarities...but Gae Bolg inverts the concept of causality, so even before it's thrown, it already has pierced the target (and it always goes for the heart, doesn't it? )
Gungnir is different though, doesn't use that Haxx ability
Speaking of Gungnir, does this mean that Yui actually summons Tesla's device? I might be able to incorporate this into the first Tesla piece I'll be writing.

Quote:

... You do know that this just screams for a Star Wars joke when the thing will be anounced, right?

Quote:

*tilts head* Hmm, her eyes are still a bit emotionless, though, but since this is Maria, I think finding a bit more 'happy' art shouldn't be too difficult. Or we can simply asume she is in serious mode. The armor will require quite a bit of editing, either on the picture's side or Tesla's.

*taps chin* I'll finish the picture I'm working on first, then see what I can make of this one before comparing the two.
Old 2007-09-14, 05:29   Link #9819
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I think Naruto's stance of immortality is the Kyuubi regeneration, cause while he's using the Kyuubi's powers, his regeneration becomes h4xxx and i don't think he'll be affected by any poison (naruto movie 3) and genjutsu (not sure)
Ah, okay okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Majin Buu is a DBZ character whose most powerful form is Kid Buu. It's regeneration prowress is h4xx as well, he can get blown to bits and then the bits will join together, regenerating him for more info, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majin_Buu
Ah, I see I see...

Quote:

I'm impressed, where is this image from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wait, so Jeno was the one who tied, gagged and experimented on him in chapter 9?
Erm, no...

Firstly, I don't know what happened in chapter 9 Secondly, Jeno doesn't do manual labor like that, he's the boss after all

Lastly... I still have no idea what happened in chapter 9 so I don't know what to say
Old 2007-09-14, 05:38   Link #9820
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Maybe not.

Spoiler for Waiting:

Late Edit:

Spoiler for Dress:
EPICSIUM!

A very well-done piece! I especially like the way you portrayed Turing- so he does have similarities to his film self after all...

@Gale: Well, I did read your statement regarding the segment I posted- I did try to go by using Cinque's usually stoic nature and I'm pretty sure she isn't the one to delve into a conversation. Her acting out of character could be attributed to her want for retribution, though...I'll think about this.

@Liingo: Well, you've proved a point, and you've also helped me- indeed, killing in cold blood is entirely different from killing in combat. Killing Zest was a job for her, facing against V is a turnabout in the sense of killing outside of combat. I'm sure even the Numbers, despite them following the Doctor's orders to the letter, would find it hard- even cyborgs have to have some sense of hesitation or even guilt, after all.

Once more, I thank you.

@Tk:

Alas, a simple scuffle turns into a full-fledged face-off...and evidently Felix is something of a coward or a lazy being in combat, isn't he? Always running, after all...unless it's a tactic of his.

But, in seriousness, it looks good so far. I'm awaiting the second half.

@Aaron:

A nice duo of pictures posted there! Ironically, since I haven't read much on Tesla, I'm sure if they suit her.

But, rest assured, I'll read up on her soonish.

And now, for something random. A possible appearance description for...

Spoiler for Hm?:

..."The Fiddler"?

*Runs.*

I think I'm going too far with the referencing here.
Closed Thread