AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 03:04   Link #4941
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Oh good,
At least one Athena's "fans" like kugimiya legion more than Athena,
Well game, i also vote for Shana during ISML and also Louise,
Oh well, my favorite tsundere is still Nagi.
Old 2009-11-24, 03:11   Link #4942
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Heh. Isn't it interesting how differently we all think. My own preference is easily Athena > Shana.

I just can't stand Shana for some reason. Oh, well.. details, eh? Bai bai for now~
we already had a discussion about this didnt we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Indeed, also, even if I like Athena, my favourite female characters in these types of stories tend to be like C.C. or Evangeline.
your tastes are yours, allow me to give you mine....C.C is very...very boring IMO

that is all
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 03:13   Link #4943
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Indeed, also, even if I like Athena, my favourite female characters in these types of stories tend to be like C.C. or Evangeline.
Lol, C.C. was probably my favorite until Senjogahara and Athena show up. Now Athena>Senjogahara=C.C
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 03:45   Link #4944
Wolfnagi

Alright,
my favorite seiyuu is Kugimiya Rie's
my favorite character
1: Sanzenin Nagi
2: Ayasaki Hayate
3: Shana
4: Louise
5: Taiga
As you can see,
i like almost every Kugimiya character
Old 2009-11-24, 03:48   Link #4945
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
Lol, C.C. was probably my favorite until Senjogahara and Athena show up. Now Athena>Senjogahara=C.C
Senjōgahara was okay, but I never found her to be particularly interesting. I found the cat and the vampire far more interesting. Well, in terms of personality, I may like her better than those two. However, background tends to be a very important factor in determining whether I end up liking a character or not. I'm also slightly paedo for Nadeko.

Anyway, C.C. remains my favourite character, although lately Evangeline has been catching up. I tend to like characters who usually look as if they have no good intentions and as if they don't care about anything, but that, as you keep moving forward in the story, you realise they are actually good at heart, just that they don't like making it obvious. I also like the fact they tend to display a mature behaviour compared to that of the rest of the cast, and they tend to tease a lot.

Personally, I'm not particularly fond of tsunderes. There are very few exceptions that I like, but in general, I just cannot stand them. Kugimiya tsunderes are on the top of my list that I simply cannot stand. I'm fine with Kugimiya when she plays non-tsundere roles. Though, she's not my favourite VA.
Old 2009-11-24, 04:07   Link #4946
Wolfnagi

So there are people who like tsundere and people who can't stand with tsundere.
Anyway, i'm a tsundere fans so i got nothing more to add.
Oh well,lets get back to HnG and no more tsundere and whatever.
Old 2009-11-24, 04:38   Link #4947
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfnagi View Post
So there are people who like tsundere and people who can't stand with tsundere.
Anyway, i'm a tsundere fans so i got nothing more to add.
Oh well,lets get back to HnG and no more tsundere and whatever.
Count me as a tsundere fan too! for those who can't stand it, you'll get used to tsundereness if you got a real life friend who's a tsundere, or something real close to it (i got one, believe me )
Old 2009-11-24, 05:16   Link #4948
Wolfnagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoViking View Post
Count me as a tsundere fan too! for those who can't stand it, you'll get used to tsundereness if you got a real life friend who's a tsundere, or something real close to it (i got one, believe me )
Yeah,i believe you,
my own little sis also a little bit tsundere (i being the one who being hit like hell)
so i thiml tsundere is cool althought its hurt.
Old 2009-11-24, 07:41   Link #4949
IndoViking

Hahah yeah, you don't want to be near her when she's in her tsun mode,or here comes the pain
Old 2009-11-24, 12:44   Link #4950
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I like C.C. and Evangeline too, not entirely sure why. I guess I just like characters that are intelligent, get good lines, and are generally awesome at times. Hinagiku is the closest to that in this series, though Athena could be if she talked more than a couple dull lines. Oh well...

So Hayate's brother is related? I thought I read here that he wasn't actually a blood relative, must just be speculation. That makes it even easier for Hayate and Nagi to be related, though Hata may just have a running gag of people looking suspiciously like Hayate. Seriously, Nagi's mom looks like him, the stranger with her looks like him, and the one time we saw her father (very vaguely if I recall) he also looked like Hayate. The fact that Nagi is in love with him is more than slightly disturbing to me by this point.

As for Nagi's friends, I'd say Hayate and Maria of course, Isumi and Sakuya, Ayumu more recently, probably Wataru (though they don't like each other much), Hinagiku at least at school. She doesn't really interact with others much, but it's still a lot more than Athena, who only has Machina since I doubt she likes Midas much and she drove Hina away. Seriously, what it is with blond shut-in types liking Hayate?

I had hoped for some development on Athena's side, but I suppose we're going to have to wait if the Greece arc will end soon. It comes as no surprise that Hayate will probably not choose between them since he'd be a dick to the fans either way. Sadly for Athena's legion we may not see her again for some time if they don't plan on wrapping this up before they go back to Japan. For me, we may finally get some more lighthearted chapters by New Years and everyone can stop being so depressed.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:11   Link #4951
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I guess I just like characters that are intelligent, get good lines, and are generally awesome at times. Hinagiku is the closest to that in this series, though Athena could be if she talked more than a couple dull lines.
Although subjective, but isn't that more closely related to Athena more than Hinagiku?
And I think Hinagiku has many dull lines throughout the series. Did she even has a cool/good one?

I haven't found anything Athena said dull yet.

Now that you mention it, how is a statement dull or good lines anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
I had hoped for some development on Athena's side, but I suppose we're going to have to wait if the Greece arc will end soon
I wonder before when you mentioed this, but what kind of development are you referring to?

I don't think she really needs anymore character development since she pretty much has and know everything needed as a girl, whether it's about reality or romance, when she was six due to her intelligence and maturity. She basically already knew everything that Hinagiku and the others took time for character development about relationships when she was 6 six years old.

And I doubt that you wanting to see her relationship development.
Old 2009-11-24, 13:30   Link #4952
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

@zoddy-chan(lol)

About the "Beautiful > Cute" ... Like Used Can said, it's all purely subjective. Personally, I prefer cute over beautiful. Gonna take it homeeeeee!! *hugs* lol Rena mode~

@Game8910

Man, how can you have a list.. hmhmhm.. I just can't place someone on #1 and keep them there. They constantly change.. ^_^

@Coca Cola - or do you prefer Pepsi?

Hitagi was... sort of out of character for someone with my same birth date (assuming the Zodiac plays a role in here - since it's even titled "Hitagi Crab" - cancer being her zodiac sign). She does talk a lot like I do, though. Lol...

I agree with C.C. & Eva, but you're sort of contradicting yourself there. I say sort of, because, well.. it's hard to put it into words. At least for me, I guess...

Tsunderes are in constant denial, don't accept it, act all mean, embarrassed, etc.. and when you crack em open they turn completely around. I'm comparing that to Eva's actions. Well, perhaps that's the wrong way to put it as well. She does have feelings for Negi, but is perhaps in denial with Nagi. Wait till she sees Nagi now, and how powerful he got. Heh, Pactio is imminent! Anywayz, since I always complicate things so that nobody understands me, I'll make it simple (maybe, if that's even possible, and in the future as well.. lol).

Basically she acts all evil, but doesn't have those intentions. Really similar how tsunderes act..

Perhaps you're just influenced by Rie's voice? Some find it really irritable. I like it btw~

Spoiler for I'm also slightly paedo for Nadeko.:

@wolfnagi

Call her Ojou-sama. Serve her tea and cookies! ^_^

@Teleutao

Perhaps Nagi has a father / mother complex? Hmm.... I kinda doubt it, but still...

On Wiki it says that Hayate's brother is not a blood relative. Dunno if it's trustworthy info... :/

@zoddy-tan

Come on, you'll have to agree with me that Athena still needs LOADS of development! We don't know if she's really 16-18 (if she's human or not - perhaps a goddess at that..), what she likes / dislikes, her fears, dreams, accomplishments (yeah school, but that can't be all), her family and past, how she acts in relationships, and in general.. perhaps after Hayate melts her permafrost glacier wall that's suppressing her emotions..?

And other things.. cmon just think about it. I'm sure you'd like to know a truckload more about her. Yeh?
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:54   Link #4953
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Come on, you'll have to agree with me that Athena still needs LOADS of development! We don't know if she's really 16-18 (if she's human or not - perhaps a goddess at that..), what she likes / dislikes, her fears, dreams, accomplishments (yeah school, but that can't be all), her family and past, how she acts in relationships, and in general.. perhaps after Hayate melts her permafrost glacier wall that's suppressing her emotions..?

And other things.. cmon just think about it. I'm sure you'd like to know a truckload more about her. Yeh?
Ohh..That's what you meant when you are speaking of development. I thought you guys were speaking of her characteristics, her feelings of romance or for others, and her perceptions of reality which I like the way she is right now. I don't want her to change her unapproachable, distant, and quiet yet kind personalities especially dealing with strangers.

We don't know much about her family, her past, and herself so to speak, and I do want some light on it too.

I think we pretty much how she acts in a relationship with this arc.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:19   Link #4954
Used Can

Quote:
I agree with C.C. & Eva, but you're sort of contradicting yourself there. I say sort of, because, well.. it's hard to put it into words. At least for me, I guess...

Tsunderes are in constant denial, don't accept it, act all mean, embarrassed, etc.. and when you crack em open they turn completely around. I'm comparing that to Eva's actions. Well, perhaps that's the wrong way to put it as well. She does have feelings for Negi, but is perhaps in denial with Nagi. Anywayz, since I always complicate things so that nobody understands me, I'll make it simple (maybe, if that's even possible, and in the future as well.. lol).

Basically she acts all evil, but doesn't have those intentions. Really similar how tsunderes act..
While they share with tsunderes the fact that they keep their true feelings to themselves, their behaviour in general is different to that of tsunderes. Tsunderes are almost always very shy, immature when it comes down to their feelings, and have this aggressive, childish behaviour toward their love interest. C.C. and Eva, on the other hand always keep a cool personality, and they rarely lose it. They also have no qualms when it comes down to teasing, or perhaps even flirting. Additionally, they don't keep their feelings to themselves out of shyness, but they have their own reasons to do so, and they have better things to do than being lovestruck with the main character (it can even be argued if they even love their respective main characters, to begin with).

About Eva, I don't think she sees Negi that way, or, at the very least, for the time being. I'm sure she cares for him, but that's all there is to it. Also, if you check that list about the girls' feelings toward Negi that Akamatsu did, Eva's score in Love and True Love were fairly low (3 and 1, respectively, if I remember correctly). She still seems to have feelings for Nagi, though.

Quote:
Wait till she sees Nagi now, and how powerful he got. Heh, Pactio is imminent!
Nagi or Negi? I don't think Nagi is out to become more powerful.

Quote:
Spoiler for I'm also slightly paedo for Nadeko.:
As a matter of fact, I did.

Quote:
On Wiki it says that Hayate's brother is not a blood relative. Dunno if it's trustworthy info... :/
I don't remember anything like that from the manga, or those character infos at the end of the volume. But, anyway, Wikipedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
I think we pretty much how she acts in a relationship with this arc.
Not really, since at this moment she's not in any relationship, and the current situation is quite complicated. Well, he could see something in the EotW arc, but, all the same, they were little kids back then. I think we'd have to see Athena in a regular situation to see how she really behaves.
Old 2009-11-24, 14:29   Link #4955
Rah

Ahh, I keep confusing them. Nagi = Adult version... *glues to Nagi from HnG to remember*

That love chart, eh? Well, it's constantly changing... when she sees him how GAR he's got, and his adult form + all the DARKNESS (lol), that he's got crawling in his skin.. she'll surely hop up to the top 10. He'll form pactios with all of em eventually... .... maybe...

Yeh, that of him being related or unrelated is still an unknown I guess. If he is, then he's probably the one that was with Yukariko, since they're in a similar age group (depends of course if he was in high school or uni...), thus canceling the possibility of a romantic Hayate x Nagi ending. I don't mind it that much, as long as she's happy in the end...

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I did.
And of course, you're sitting... good... good... ehehehe!
Old 2009-11-24, 14:35   Link #4956
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Not really, since at this moment she's not in any relationship, and the current situation is quite complicated. Well, he could see something in the EotW arc, but, all the same, they were little kids back then. I think we'd have to see Athena in a regular situation to see how she really behaves.
I think Athena's behavior as a kid is pretty much what she is right now; unlike Hayate and the others, Athena's pretty much had adult-like mature behaviors, her thinking is far from a kid's level.

However, I do agree that we don't know much of her general behavior in a relationship right now; but her actions of what she's willing to do and how she felt about it was my point. But, I assume something like...
Spoiler for something:
is pretty informative.

Compare to Hinagiku:
Spoiler for ...:
Old 2009-11-24, 14:48   Link #4957
Rah

Yeah, we all know that Hina is a hardcore tsundere, but she was really close to confessing after the dinner. It's a good thing that she didn't, because her character would completely change if she did. Hayate is the only love interest in this manga, thus she couldn't be her tsundere self with anyone else, unless she turned 180 for Miki. :>

Athena does look happy that Hayate wasn't / still isn't in a relationship with anyone, closely following her teachings. Well, what she though him aside, she's happy that he's still single and innocent like before. Obviously, completely available. Too bad that Midas is in the way, eh?

Midas is such a perv... stealing her body.. making her do ecchi things at night... does that bother you zod?

ehehe~ just messin ^_^
Old 2009-11-24, 14:57   Link #4958
zodanhko
*ignoring*

It wasn't about happy or not but how they were affected by his words of praise, their reactions to it, which is pretty informative concerning interactions between couples.

Odd. I don't find Athena being happy with that information.
Old 2009-11-24, 15:05   Link #4959
Rah

Are you a robot? Does not compute? Perhaps a software upgrade..
Old 2009-11-24, 15:44   Link #4960
Winged_Gardy
Blade Manipulator

With the Greek Arc coming to an end (which is awesome because of Athena and Hina), I am still wondering... about this guy.

Is Himegami, Nagi's former butler, going to be a one-shot name just like Klaus (well, pretty much)?

I really thought he would be someone important (like Hayate's unnamed brother or something), but so far, apparently not.
Winged_Gardy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen