AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 35 Rating
Perfect 10 13 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 11.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-07, 00:46   Link #21
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

I loved the Olivier-Raven scene in the manga, and I was so happy to see it animated (pretty faithfully) in this episode. Next episode is going to be even more exciting!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2009-12-07, 01:31   Link #22
Dead Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazzy Angel View Post
Doesn't olivier have a mole? I didn't see any in the anime.
Where an earth are you seeing a mole? I just flipped through two volumes of the Viz manga and never saw a mole!
Old 2009-12-07, 02:33   Link #23
Vicious108

...What, really? Just look at her lips for christ's sake.
Old 2009-12-07, 03:05   Link #24
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
...What, really? Just look at her lips for christ's sake.
Look at Volume 17's cover does it look like she has a mole?

That's shine on her lips, that's why it sometimes switches sides. Moles are not white.
Old 2009-12-07, 03:20   Link #25
Vicious108

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...te/142-143.jpg

Looks like a mole to me.
Old 2009-12-07, 04:26   Link #26
Dead Cake

Quote:
Looks like a mole to me.
If that's a mole then it can magically change it's place. Read few chapters and you'll see that sometimes it's on the right side and sometimes it's on the left side.

So yeah, it's lip gloss like Charred Knight said.
Old 2009-12-07, 04:39   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's pretty obvious it's not a mole, because in some scenes in the manga, it changes place from left to right. If you're noticing the spot on her lips, then you should notice it moving from time to time.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-12-07 at 05:08.
Old 2009-12-07, 07:07   Link #28
Charred Knight

Quote:
If you look closer you can see that the area is generally portrayed as a circle, and it's white on the cover of Volume 17.
Old 2009-12-07, 07:51   Link #29
bitesnitch

A mole would've been... new.
Old 2009-12-07, 08:32   Link #30
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Yeah this episode was kind of weak to me too, but this episode is more likely a build-up for the action to come, at least that's what I'm hoping.
Old 2009-12-07, 08:59   Link #31
Krazzy Angel
despair v/s hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Cake View Post
Where an earth are you seeing a mole? I just flipped through two volumes of the Viz manga and never saw a mole!
Ok sorry.. From the black and white manga I could not really distinguish mole from lip gloss clearly(reading them online)

Never mind a mole would make look so awesome, more impressive.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:46   Link #32
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I mean obviously she's not supposed to be an incredibly beautiful and feminine woman...
Bite your tongue. Olivier is seriously hawt. And with her looks she could easily be feminine if she wanted. She's just so badass and unconcerned with being feminine that it's easy to miss how striking she is.

I mean come on...pouty (glossed) lips (in sub-zero weather!!), long luxurious hair, curvaceous body... If she were ever cast in a live-action movie, do you have any doubt at all that Angelina Jolie would be a perfect portrayal? She's clearly supposed to be a visible contradiction: a walking feminine ideal with absolutely nothing feminine underneath. She's similar to her brother in that respect. With all his muscles and bravado, he's the walking masculine ideal, but inside he's one of the most sensitive people in the series.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:49   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Agreeing with guigonkenny, and must add that personally i find Olivier to be the most attractive female in the story.
Old 2009-12-07, 09:59   Link #34
Vicious108

Olivier is good looking enough, but I don't find her lips to be attractive at all and even though she might be curvaceous, we barely get the chance to see it under all her military uniform. But I like her character design and think it suits her perfectly. Had she had a character design of a typical perfect anime feminine beauty such as Winry's and she wouldn't have been nearly as convincing as the tough women who makes the men around her look like wimps.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:17   Link #35
kitten320

You must be kidding me? The mole would look SO out of place! Good thing it never was a mole (have never noticed it even though had looked through almost all panels with her in manga just several moments ago).

Although must admit that in this particular fan art it doesn't look that bad but still think it would be better without it:

Spoiler for Olivier:

And I also must agree that Olivier has one of the best designs out there. Her lips might be a bit too big, but she still looks aweasome. And actually in some moments and panels they are not really that big. It fully depends on how author and animators draw her in some places. It is impossible to always draw an indentical image. It is not a movie when an actor will always look the same. All characters have looked weird at least once.

And now about episode... duno, I had actually liked it a lot. I haven't read manga and even when I was looking through pages, I haven't looked through Briggs part, at least till this point. So seeing Olivier coming out of lift by tank was a very cool part for me. The episode might not be action packed but it still was enoyable and I had loved the ending. Seeing Olivier as more carrying person (even if it was an act) was a nice change. You can actually picture her differently now.

I'll be petiently waiting for next episode now^^
Old 2009-12-08, 00:49   Link #36
Vicious108

So are anime-only watchers satisfied to finally found out what Hughes had realized and was killed for?

He really was pretty quick-witted, to have realized all that on his own so soon.
Old 2009-12-08, 08:59   Link #37
kitten320

I must admit that I had expected something different... duno, somehow the information he had found out in season 1 had satisfied and excited me more

But still good.

Everyone bow before the smartest men ever! Even though usually he used to look like dumbest man ever
Old 2009-12-08, 11:09   Link #38
lazybum

Who is that guy in the flashback with all the crystals thingy behind him? After they talked about hughes. Never saw him before... or did i miss something?
Old 2009-12-08, 11:18   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
Who is that guy in the flashback with all the crystals thingy behind him? After they talked about hughes. Never saw him before... or did i miss something?
That's Isaac McDougal from the anime original first episode.
Old 2009-12-08, 13:22   Link #40
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

This was a rather nice ep, I wasn't expecting for ED and Al to spill the beans but they otta know she is not the enemy which is why their lil tunnel-conversation was quite nice

Also, was I the only one who got all warm and fuzzy when Olivier started saying that she couldn't possibly kill those kids (Al n Ed) cause she is around that age when she would have 2 of her own had she not being in the military ....

Ohh yeah... that made me feel all warm n fuzzy...... kinda made me think of "Mama Oilivier?" ... dam that'd be one hawt MILF (^_^)
Closed Thread