AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 24 27.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 35.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 19.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-12, 03:35   Link #21
Kon the Magnificent

Loved Yui's and Ui's duet, it was a nice scene for this wonderful episode
Old 2010-05-12, 04:30   Link #22
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Hmmm... Looks like Yui uses D'addario strings on Gitah. Can't tell if she's using the 12-54 heavy gauge strings or the 10-46 regular gauge strings, though - blame my slight color-blindness for that.
Old 2010-05-12, 06:12   Link #23
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Though I find Yui's love for her guitar becoming a tad bit too creepy, it's still good for some funny moments. Interesting how she's still worried about her playing skills.

The Hirasawa sisters duet was nice and heartwarming.

Fun ep in general.
Old 2010-05-12, 06:17   Link #24
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Found this episode a bit short on the jokes, but a pleasure to watch nonetheless. Best part was learning that Azusa has a habit of buying junk online.
Old 2010-05-12, 06:45   Link #25
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kon the Magnificent View Post
Loved Yui's and Ui's duet, it was a nice scene for this wonderful episode
I agreed. That song is popular Japanese folk song "Rainy Day." The lyrics say "Rain, Rain, I want you fall from the sky. Because my Mom will come to pick me up and we can go home together with Janome-umbrella. I desire Mom."
We sang this song at almost every kindergarten. So most Japanese know this song. You can listen to that song on this video.→
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQLyXe8rvgk

Last edited by Roardel; 2010-05-12 at 06:55.
Old 2010-05-12, 08:20   Link #26
Francismeunier
Banned

Cool

Well the episode was good but what I found most interesting were the pictures here=>

It served as good reminder of the past season and Ui's room was not shown a lot so it was a good + here=>
Spoiler:

She actually uses the turtle she won in her room so it was all good and now GIFs will be due soon for me of this episode along with avatars.
Old 2010-05-12, 09:10   Link #27
stubby42

I have extremely mixed feelings about this episode, the moments they did well were extremely well done, like Yui getting soaked or the duet but for the most part it was dull and added nothing.

I think K-on is at its best when they dont stick to the source material all that closely, that joke worked on the two or three pages in the manga but didnt translate well for a 30 minute episode.
Old 2010-05-12, 09:19   Link #28
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

The ep's ok. Maybe because I'm in an ok mood.

What made me curious was the preview.

Mio's back scratcher.
Pink background and sparkling Mio
Mio in despair.

Could it be that Mio is in despair because she lost her back scratcher? This is a big mystery.
Old 2010-05-12, 09:37   Link #29
sikvod00

Heh, the girls in their class are pretty damn fine =D
Old 2010-05-12, 09:55   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sometimes I wish I was Gitah in the morning, in the rain, in the club room, under all that plastic, getting my strings replaced by Yui Hirasawa, Goddess of Fucking Rock.

*Ehem*

What I found rather touching with this episode that feels a bit understated under all the comedy was the way every musician really do love their instruments. Of course Yui takes it to the extreme, but you can surely understand how musicians treat their instruments like an extension of their own selves, like a 5th limb of sorts. In that sense this episode was about music, that music isn't all just about playing your instruments but taking care of them too. I'm not a musician so I guess I can't relate as well as some of you, but I had a friend who would sooner shank you with an ice pick than let you touch his guitar.

This was also the episode where I think I really laughed the most since the season began. Yui's obsessive-compulsive protection of Gitah was hilarious, over the top but actually very adorable. That girl who suggested she treated Gitah like a boyfriend hit a very big note: imagine of course how she would treat a guy who really was her boyfriend.

grumblegrumblegrumble

And yes, the duet was heartwarming gold. Anyone who says they never had the rainy day blues with a family member and trying to cheer each other up probably never had a childhood (or never lived anywhere that really rains).
Old 2010-05-12, 10:11   Link #31
yakumo-chan

I think its much better if Mio was the one who made the name "elizabeth" in her bass

what's the drums and keyboard's name then??
Old 2010-05-12, 10:27   Link #32
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioJC View Post
The ep's ok. Maybe because I'm in an ok mood.

What made me curious was the preview.

Mio's back scratcher.
Pink background and sparkling Mio
Mio in despair.

Could it be that Mio is in despair because she lost her back scratcher? This is a big mystery.
I thought Mio's personal body back scratcher is Ritsu.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:32   Link #33
krko
The Movie is Coming

Well since Mugi's keyboard is a KORG Triton, I guess Tri-tan would work.
Ritsu's Yamaha Hipgig is a bit harder to nickname though.

Fave Moments:
-Sawako's eye of doom.
-Miss "girl-who-sits-next-to-Yui" talking to the main characters
-The Hirasawa sisters' duet and the scene preceding was very nice character development
-Yui displaying her perfect pitch once again

Is it just me or is Yui's voice rather deep during certain times in the episode, like her "finally" after she destroys her guitar cover? Really slow paced episode this time around. Interestingly, none of the episodes have referred to an upcoming concert, unlike S1 where all but 2 have at least a part dedicated to a future concert or practicing for it.

Next Episode:
Looks like the Mio centric episode everbody else was waiting for
Old 2010-05-12, 10:34   Link #34
kitten320

Nice episode, loved the whole wall scratching
Lol love triangle? This season sure has a lot of Azusa/Yui moments
Poor Sawako...
Also like Mio's "Kyaaa" at the end. Oh! And Ritsu fixing the button was unexpected for me.

Wonder if next episode is about stalker or something else...
Old 2010-05-12, 11:06   Link #35
Sophrosyne
αφρονέω

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
imagine of course how she would treat a guy who really was her boyfriend.

grumblegrumblegrumble
Until he gets all rusty and moldy and Azu-nyan has to fix him up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Is it just me or is Yui's voice rather deep during certain times in the episode, like her "finally" after she destroys her guitar cover?
I loved it.
Old 2010-05-12, 13:35   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, mostly a quiet sedate episode.... the rain ambience was nice (reminds me of the weather here in the Coastal Pacific Northwest - the area tracks pretty close seasonally to Japan's weather.

It did wear a bit thin taking what was a couple of jokes in the manga and stretching it over 20 minutes though, probably the weakest episode this season in that respect.

I did enjoy hearing the sisters sing the children's song about rain together... more nostalgia bits. Scenes with Ui seem to ooze nostalgia moments.

And... frankly, I just like watching the animation and art of Mugi, Mio, and Azusa's hair. Some serious work goes into that for the "tv scaled" budget.
Old 2010-05-12, 13:52   Link #37
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Wait, why's Mugi the one not only drying Yui's hair, but also suggesting her to take off her clothes?

And Mio suggesting gym clothes make me want to see her in it...*gets hit across the head with a hammer*

PLUS it seems that Mugi isn't the only lesbian in school. And kitty went on an online shopping spree! Guess she's still a girl after all.

Seriously.....I lol-ed at the love triangle part, but Mio seems.....interested? I doubt she would be if somebody tried to covet Ritsu from her......

Anyway, this episode probably had the best end-off out of all of them.

Mio : Elizabeth.....*cuddle*
*senses something*
Mio : EEEKKKKKKKKk!!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2010-05-12 at 14:09.
Old 2010-05-12, 14:28   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wait, why's Mugi the one not only drying Yui's hair, but also suggesting her to take off her clothes?

And Mio suggesting gym clothes make me want to see her in it...*gets hit across the head with a hammer*

PLUS it seems that Mugi isn't the only lesbian in school. And kitty went on an online shopping spree! Guess she's still a girl after all.

Seriously.....I lol-ed at the love triangle part, but Mio seems.....interested? I doubt she would be if somebody tried to covet Ritsu from her......

Anyway, this episode probably had the best end-off out of all of them.

Mio : Elizabeth.....*cuddle*
*senses something*
Mio : EEEKKKKKKKKk!!
I figured that is just another instant showing the season long "corruption of Mio" by the others... plus it shows her writing skills are leveling up if she's thinking about scarier topics than "fluffy time" and "love is like a stapler"
Old 2010-05-12, 14:36   Link #39
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figured that is just another instant showing the season long "corruption of Mio" by the others... plus it shows her writing skills are leveling up if she's thinking about scarier topics than "fluffy time" and "love is like a stapler"
She's still writing girlish stuff : namely another love song, albeit a sad one.

And at 14.00 of Coalguys'......Mugi's turning on her Mugivision! Someone stop her before she turns it into reality!

Funny that Azunyan bought a cat paw guitar hanger out of all the types available online.....

Old 2010-05-12, 14:41   Link #40
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
It did wear a bit thin taking what was a couple of jokes in the manga and stretching it over 20 minutes though, probably the weakest episode this season in that respect.
Well, different POV's I guess. For me there seems to be a direct relationship between how slow the episode goes and how good it is for me, which is why I found this to be one of the best (and relaxing) of both seasons.
Closed Thread