AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-05-19, 19:53   Link #581
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
For personal use.

the colors look really great in the sig and it seem you like working on this render
Keep up the the Good work escimo-kun
Old 2010-06-08, 08:20   Link #582
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
the colors look really great in the sig and it seem you like working on this render
Keep up the the Good work escimo-kun
Oh... You can tell I quite like it?
Thanks.

A small update.

Last month's SotM entry:

Request:

This month's SotM draft:

I'm thinking whether it needs a border or not. I'm a bit reluctant to add one... Comments?
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 20:39   Link #583
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Putting an update of b-day spamming here.

Happy Buffday Photo Master

Need a lots of great camera shots from you in the future
Old 2010-08-24, 21:32   Link #584
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Augh! capture beat me to it ^_^

Happy birthday escimo-dear! It's been a while since your last update, so I'm looking forward to more works from you >.<

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 23:18   Link #585
Haladflire65
*Artist

Happy birthday! I haven't chatted with you much but I love your works <3
Old 2010-08-25, 01:38   Link #586
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Happy Birthday spam!
Old 2010-08-25, 02:14   Link #587
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Escimo happy spam birthday!

@.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 03:15   Link #588
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Happy birthday escimo san !
Old 2010-08-25, 03:34   Link #589
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Happy Birthday \o/

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 03:36   Link #590
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Happy Birthday escimo-san

I hope all your wishes come true

Btv nice work on those sigs
Old 2010-08-25, 07:36   Link #591
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Happy birthday old bud, may the photo gods always shine upon thee
Old 2010-08-25, 08:03   Link #592
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Happi Moo Moo Day! = D
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 18:14   Link #593
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
Putting an update of b-day spamming here.

Happy Buffday Photo Master

Need a lots of great camera shots from you in the future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Augh! capture beat me to it ^_^

Happy birthday escimo-dear! It's been a while since your last update, so I'm looking forward to more works from you >.<
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Happy birthday! I haven't chatted with you much but I love your works <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Happy Birthday spam!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Escimo happy spam birthday!

@.@
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Happy birthday escimo san !
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Happy Birthday \o/
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Happy Birthday escimo-san

I hope all your wishes come true

Btv nice work on those sigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Happy birthday old bud, may the photo gods always shine upon thee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Happi Moo Moo Day! = D
Thanks guys for the birthday wishes!

Sorry for the lack of activity, been quite epicly busy lately. Here's one hoping for that to change in somewhat near future. I may be able to muster an update in a week or two.

See you around and thanks again.
Old 2010-08-28, 18:56   Link #594
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Happy belated Birthday ^__^
Old 2012-03-18, 11:13   Link #595
escimo
Paparazzi

It's been a while... Sorry about that. Anyway normal service resumed at least for this post.

Photos! (not from my usual stomping grounds)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by escimo; 2012-03-21 at 09:32. Reason: Noticed the new tags. Nice.
Old 2012-03-18, 13:21   Link #596
Ledgem
Love Yourself

He lives! This isn't a style of photography that I usually appreciate, but I really like those last three.
Old 2012-03-18, 13:50   Link #597
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

The master is back. Good to see you back around !
Old 2012-03-25, 16:54   Link #598
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
He lives! This isn't a style of photography that I usually appreciate, but I really like those last three.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
The master is back. Good to see you back around !
Thanks for the comments guys. I have a few more photos to come once I get around editing them.

Haven't had much time for photography or graphics or anime or - well anything in the past 1½ or so.

Might as well tell why.

In October 2010 I transferred within my company again. Moved from marketing to store design and I'm loving my job once again.
Spoiler for rant:

So for the past 1½ years I've been designing displays and custom furniture and doing some overall store design as well. Floor plans etc. My transfer coincided with the beginning of the biggest project in my company's history and I found myself as a part of a 4 person team responsible for designing and organizing the building of a 5000m2 (roughly 54000 sq ft for the metrically challenged) consumer electronics store. And a fair bit of the other 20000m2 of warehouses and offices within the building. So free time was on a very limited supply and what little I had I spent mostly sleeping.

By some miracle we got the store open on time last November despite the insane schedule and way too little work force on the project. We actually had just 3 weeks for the actual build so naturally there have been and still are a few odds and ends that need to be sorted out. Those last 3 weeks were the toughest of my life as far as work is concerned. I was at work 17-20h a day the whole 3 weeks through. Things have calmed down now a fair bit and thankfully I no longer have to work 6 days and something like 60-80h a week that I did from October 2010 to last December. So now I have once again time to pursue my personal interests.

On the photography front there have been very little happening for the reasons stated above apart from a few changes in my gear. Last year I got myself a Olympus PEN E-P1. There are a few features that bug the hell out of me but I got it for a good price and it's just so damn small that I've been able to live with them. Ended up selling my Canon gear (apart from my old FD stuff) few months ago. Wanted out of the two system trap and ended up getting rid of the bulky Canon in favor of the positively microscopic PEN. However since I'm getting into a groove a bit with photography again, those few annoyances have become a bit more than I can bear so now I'm saving up for OM-D EM-5. No way I'm going back to a DSLR.

Finally on the (work related) personal side of things... Visited Japan 3 and a bit weeks ago. It was sort of a business trip but the business side of it took a half a day of the 7 day trip so... We spent 4 days in Tokyo, 2 in Kyoto and 1 in Nagoya. I absolutely loved every single second of it. I'll just absolutely have to go back sooner or later. Preferably sooner.

This ended up being a damn novel. Sorry about that. In short all's well in escimoland. But yeah a second photo batch coming up soonish...

In the meanwhile, tried my hand on making sigs again and found one from something like 1½ years ago that I haven't posted. There might have been a reason that I didn't post it back then but as things stand I guess I'm not really worse off posting it. Rusty escimo is being rusty.

Anyway...

oldie first...

Now I'm going to sleep. I have an early morning tomorrow.
Old 2012-03-25, 16:59   Link #599
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
On the photography front there have been very little happening for the reasons stated above apart from a few changes in my gear. Last year I got myself a Olympus PEN E-P1. There are a few features that bug the hell out of me but I got it for a good price and it's just so damn small that I've been able to live with them. Ended up selling my Canon gear (apart from my old FD stuff) few months ago. Wanted out of the two system trap and ended up getting rid of the bulky Canon in favor of the positively microscopic PEN. However since I'm getting into a groove a bit with photography again, those few annoyances have become a bit more than I can bear so now I'm saving up for OM-D EM-5. No way I'm going back to a DSLR.
Ah, so now you're an Olympus user, like me I still refuse to convert over to their µ4/3 bodies until they get compatibility worked out with my 4/3 lenses. The EM-5 looks to be a very nice camera, though, and would be a good option for someone who doesn't have any 4/3 lenses to gripe about...

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well overall! It's impressive that you worked that hard for that long and didn't burn out. Hopefully you won't be thrust into situations that disrupt the balance of your life in the future!
Old 2012-03-25, 17:37   Link #600
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Ah, so now you're an Olympus user, like me I still refuse to convert over to their µ4/3 bodies until they get compatibility worked out with my 4/3 lenses. The EM-5 looks to be a very nice camera, though, and would be a good option for someone who doesn't have any 4/3 lenses to gripe about...
Yup. An Olympus convert. They still have absolutely no clue how to make menus for cameras and some of the features on the E-P1 are for the lack of a better word completely idiotic. Changing focus AF focus point is somewhere 3 levels deep in the menus. Shees... All the other cameras tend to have a damn dedicated button for that since it's a bit of a vital feature for anyone who doesn't fit well in the point and shoot brigade.

Anyway ended up getting an Olympus mainly because of the µ4/3 lenses. There are some damn good ones out there in comparison to other mirrorless cameras. (Leicas not withstanding) My current go to lens is the Panasonic 20mm F1.7. Great lens for the money. Also my old Canon FD:s work brilliantly with the PEN apart form retarded manual focus assist. Just give me a button for it, don't force me to cycle through all the display modes. (I think I did say something about a few annoyances...)

Olympus 45mm F1.8 seems a brilliant piece of glass as well especially for the price. I've been lusting after the Panasonic/Leica 25mm F1.4 as well. But first things first.

There's a new 4/3 to µ4/3 adapter coming out with EM-5. Don't know how much good it will do but at least it's new. As for jumping on the µ4/3 bandwagon current PENs are all somewhat OK but my guess is that the next one (which they'll inevitably release some time after the EM-5) is going to be one hell of a camera. If they end up doing what I expect them to do and slap the EM-5's sensor and AF system on it. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist the temptation of EM-5 since I do sort of miss having a bit more substantial camera for the occasions when I actually go out for the sole purpose of shooting stuff. Plus the EVF in it is magic!

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that you're doing well overall! It's impressive that you worked that hard for that long and didn't burn out. Hopefully you won't be thrust into situations that disrupt the balance of your life in the future!
Well... If I didn't burn out completely I was pretty damn near to it. The work was multifaceted and interesting so it helped a lot as did the fact that I really never had the time to thing how damn tired I was.

As for thrusting myself into disrupting situations it was my own damn fault for jumping before looking but in retrospective I wouldn't be in my current position if I hadn't laid the foundations to getting my current job while working in marketing. In fact my current boss is the same I initially had in marketing and I did some few little tidbits related to my current work back then so it all ended up well. He's absolutely great guy BTW. So it really wasn't the issue in it and all the more to do with my personal frustrations and other factors within the company. Anyway it was a learning experience and a necessary interim step.

I've always said that if I like where I am now, I can't have any regrets since I am the sum of my experiences. With a different cake mix the cake ends up quite different and who knows whether it'll be better or worse.