AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-24, 20:26   Link #1221
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoiler for Episode 12:
Old 2012-06-24, 20:41   Link #1222
ellessarr
Banned

wow that was a freaking awesome end, at last i really like happy ends and that surprised me

i really wish manga have similar end

Spoiler:

now gona waiting for a ova

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-06-24 at 20:59.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:48   Link #1223
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

and here I thought it was going to be a bittersweet ending
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:15   Link #1224
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

The ending was quite satisfying to me.

Spoiler for some stuff:

NOW I can read the manga.

Endless "From now on.." Soul
Old 2012-06-24, 21:21   Link #1225
Ray
Garnet

Oh, fuck yes! I got the ending I wanted! *sighs happily*

I realize that this may feel like a cop-out/ass pull to some, but I'm so happy that I got what I wanted that I simply don't care. Just like a child. It was definitely worth staying up so late to see the finale instead of going to sleep and watching it some 10 hours later. :>

Spoiler for Episode 12:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
apparently Maybe really liked it! if my translation from his twitter is correct he has been grinning for the last hour after watching it
Oh, really? That’s pretty awesome. Perhaps we can expect a somewhat similar ending for the manga?

Oh, does anyone know what that insert song was? It wasn't the same one that was used in the previous episode, right?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:32   Link #1226
ellessarr
Banned

i gona place this anime on the top of mine personal true love romance(without the crap harem, incest, pedophila garbage from most of the animes today)

1 - Tasogare otome X Amnesia / Spice and wolf
2 - Denpa onna to seishun otoku
3 - onegai teacher
4 - ano natsu de matteru
5..... - Aishiteruze baby, chobits, clannad after story( first clannad was good too but after story was better), itasura na kiss, nazo no kanojo x (started really great in manga but started to become a type of generic harem, the anime still good), hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora, ookami-san to shinchinin no nakamatchi, shakugan no shana. toradora, zero no tsukaima(have a harem but at last the main protagonist aways shows really loves the main girl and the others are only for fun and ecchi scenes) and shinkyoku soukai polyphonica crinsom S(the previous polyphonica was much more focused on the adventures than love the couple look much more adventure partness than lovers almost of the time).

edit: man for me the part who made mine tears come was in the end after him open the book and..., i almost fall apart in tears. i really love "trulle romance" animes, who today are too rary(most of romances today are the garbage things).
Old 2012-06-24, 21:58   Link #1227
bumbayker

I enjoyed the last episode and I didn't see the ending as a cop-out. Though I wouldn't mind a bittersweet end this had a good closure. I was skeptical and critical at first when the anime made several changes, skipped a lot of chapters of the manga, and deviated from it. But the final episodes was done very well especially episode 10 and 11. There may be some who don't like happy ending for these kind of series but as long as Yuuko and Teiichi are happy together is fine by my book.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:06   Link #1228
MasterVampire

Any chance for a second season?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:07   Link #1229
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Any chance for a second season?
With this ending? Not really, unless it goes with completely anime-original content, since the source seems to be building up to a resolution too.
Old 2012-06-24, 22:15   Link #1230
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
With this ending? Not really, unless it goes with completely anime-original content, since the source seems to be building up to a resolution too.
indeed but, maybe if after that anime end the manga sales big grow up and when they made the dvd version and sales go very well maybe they can try a second season, because the end was much more like a "restart"( the clube re-opened and all 4 are together again)maybe they gona focus now in the "mystery part" and throw then to solven new mysterys around school or city, but ofcourse this is hard to happen but like some1 already told the japaneses are extremaly business guys if something given then a good amount of money then they try to make this continue.
Old 2012-06-24, 22:44   Link #1231
Kakkou
Tch.

Rubbish ending. The series started off fine enough and the last few episodes were very good, including how they handled her impending disappearance. Then the last few minutes happened. I guess it could've been worse. It could've been the ending of H2O. Meh, overall it was an okay show, I guess.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 22:48   Link #1232
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, some of the later Manga Chapters can be adapted into OVA Material, and still be set after this Anime Original Ending.

Spoiler for Examples:

But a whole new Season? Even before the Festival, I believe there's quite alot of material axed out, which can fit into a new Season, if they want to milk this franchise- if it becomes a Cash Cow that is. Not a given.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:26   Link #1233
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
But a whole new Season? Even before the Festival, I believe there's quite alot of material axed out, which can fit into a new Season, if they want to milk this franchise- if it becomes a Cash Cow that is. Not a given.
They technically only truly solved 2 of the 7 mysteries, so they could do another season with that if they really want to... There are also the axed characters that have their own mysteries to consume episodes.

But the thing is that, based on the budget that the series got; I wouldn't say that they expected this to be a ground breaking record setting series.... Then it would come to actual BD sales and I'm pretty sure that this series has been pretty much niche in merchandise, specially compared to other series in this season (ironically, series that are grouped together with this one).
Old 2012-06-24, 23:34   Link #1234
relentlessflame

*Administrator

The problem with the concept of a second season is that this season was so tightly wrapped around the love story, and that story has basically been told. Every episode in this anime was really contributing to the main couple. So any second season they could do would lack that same drive/momentum and sense of tension, and would end up feeling a bit like a different show. If the sales are very good, I could see them justifying it, but I can imagine that a number of people would be disappointed because anything they do with the main couple will feel like an "also-ran", and it'll feel like "the sequel is worse than the original".

Now, there is an extra episode on the last disc, and I suppose they could make more OADs/OVAs to fill in some bits and pieces, but yeah... I can't really see the point of a second season for this, as much as I enjoyed it.

Edit: After watching Episode 12 again:
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-06-24 at 23:54.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 23:47   Link #1235
Somnus
Eh?

Hell yes! THIS was a great ending (pandering extremely well to the romance I love so much), with a fantastic lead up to it. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. Got the lovable troll-Yuuko (PIN-PON), a boatload of adorable/touching moments between the two, another use of the greatest insert song ever, and the happy ending causing me to grin from ear to ear.

Like ellessarr, this series has instantly shot up to my favourites list. Endings are what usually make or break the show for me, and this didn't come anywhere near said breaking point.

Let the good mood ensue!

Though seriously, I need that insert song. Pure joy every time I hear it.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The problem with the concept of a second season is that this season was so tightly wrapped around the love story, and that story has basically been told.
They could always time-skip a few years and do a slice-of-life type a la "Itoshi no Kana" (manga). Definitely some "elements" from that one I'd approve of! Ha ha ha
Old 2012-06-24, 23:47   Link #1236
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I have mixed feelings about the final episode. In some ways I loved it, in others, I facepalmed. But overall, it's a decent ending, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't satisfied. It's appropriate and makes sense, given the nature of the story and all. Curious as to how the manga will execute the story's conclusion. If anything, this series gave me sexy/cute Yuuko and Kirie, an awesome score, and my favorite OP of the entire season (I've replayed Choir Jail so many times on my mp3 player and my computer it's ridiculous -- I'm utterly obsessed with it).

A video of my favorite Choir Jail cover to commemorate the ending of the series:

Old 2012-06-25, 00:03   Link #1237
Elestia

I'm kinda of conflicted on how feel about the ending. I'm not really disappointed how they decided to end things since the climax was a tear jerker for me, but I love Yuuko's character enough to forgive what they did and be satisfied with it. Overall good series and completely stolen by Yuuko and Yumi Hara's performance.
Old 2012-06-25, 00:22   Link #1238
SQA

They really, really did well in resolving the central issue with Yuuko leaving. Her attachment to the school was obviously now complete and she needed to move on. I also like how Teiichi stayed until the end. It's a point that does happen in real life, where someone that is slipping away doesn't want others to watch the pain, but leaving is always a mistake. So, Teiichi stayed and shared Yuuko's last moments.

I honestly was not expecting Yuuko to come back. With being a SHAFTling series, I could easily see a bittersweet ending. I got a good laugh out of it. It just does fit the series so well. Teiichi solved Yuuko's problem and allowed her soul to rest at peace. But now he gets to be haunted by Yuuko for the rest of his days. There's worse things to get cursed with.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-25, 01:55   Link #1239
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

To be honest, I would have preferred a more bittersweet ending, with Yuuko gone forever, but at the same time, the ending was very satisfying, not to mention very emotional, and let's face it – Yuuko was the true MC of this show, so it's only fitting that she came back. And I think both Kirie and Momoe found peace in knowing that Teiichi got the happiness he deserved, even if it wasn't with them (and Kirie's jealousy showed itself again briefly in this episode, with her mentioning she started drinking milk).

I have nothing but praise for this show. Maybe it didn't stick 100% true to the manga, but I tend to treat the two as two separate stories, so I honestly don't care what went on in the manga, unless the anime made a total and utter mess of the ending, which (I think) it didn't.
Old 2012-06-25, 02:16   Link #1240
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

I really loved the way it ended, I thought it was well done. Great series, definitely one of my top favorites this year.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural