AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 23:32   Link #361
MasterVampire

Where is it implied that they had sex?

Sure he kissed her early that day and then after they had dinner she started taking her clothes off which was a misunderstanding.

Then the next thing we know Kirito is waking her up and she has no clothes on in her bed?

They didnt really make it clear enough even for it being implied.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:46   Link #362
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post

Sure he kissed her early that day and then after they had dinner she started taking her clothes off which was a misunderstanding.

Then the next thing we know Kirito is waking her up and she has no clothes on in her bed?

Implied as in it's the old school trick of them being together, fade into black, and then we find them on the bed naked under the bedsheets, so you can keep it PG-13. Kids won't know what happened, but adults will. It's been used innumerable times through movies and television.

If SAO had cigarettes and they weren't minors they'd smoking one while laying on the bed
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:52   Link #363
Karakuri

Quote:

My my, that's what I call a pure and innocent soul.
I feel ashamed right now
But...you don't really expect for a girl to be nude, and let you stay that close to her, while she has nothing at all, and she can only hide behind her bed sheets, unless they have a really deep relantionship, right?
Even if not - Why would she be nude? When Silica appeared in her bedroom she had her " lingerie " on... ( Before Kirito appeared and asked her if he could talk about the floor they were going to )
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 00:01   Link #364
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Okay, I'll vote this episode 100++ except its 5 last minutes... I mean well, Kirito killed Kuradeel, geez. And in 5minutes, Asuna stripped and Kirito proposed like 15minutes earlier didn't happen. It feels so rushed and weird, or is it just me? =_="

Overall it's great episode though. First 15minutes really made my day.
Reincarnated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 00:17   Link #365
hao-sama

Send a message via MSN to hao-sama Send a message via Yahoo to hao-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I thought it was orange for crimes, red for killing. That's what he told Silica.
Nah, killers have orange cursors too. They're just called red to differentiate them from normal criminals.
Old 2012-09-10, 01:26   Link #366
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:

Besides the obvious "waking up topless" that was shown, you can see all the subtleties that were in their expressions. Kirito tenderly poking her cheek with a warm smile; Asuna waking up with such an expression on her face not uncommon with a fresh non-virgin towards their partner; and compare that to how she acted just before when she wasn't even fully naked.

It's clear that A-1 aimed for the 'PG-13' solution by showing Kirito fully clothed in contrast, and I think they nailed it. Older viewers know exactly what happened, while the younger crowd that doesn't "get it" would be left wondering.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 01:56   Link #367
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Stuff
Seriously why are you even watching? If you're going to keep making up random stuff to justify why you dislike it so much? I seriously don't get it.

Now, if you'll excsue me, I'm going to find a dude to marry, because apparently having emotions makes me gay.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:01   Link #368
supermegasonic

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Implied as in it's the old school trick of them being together, fade into black, and then we find them on the bed naked under the bedsheets, so you can keep it PG-13. Kids won't know what happened, but adults will. It's been used innumerable times through movies and television.

If SAO had cigarettes and they weren't minors they'd smoking one while laying on the bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
My my, that's what I call a pure and innocent soul.
I feel ashamed right now
But...you don't really expect for a girl to be nude, and let you stay that close to her, while she has nothing at all, and she can only hide behind her bed sheets, unless they have a really deep relantionship, right?
Even if not - Why would she be nude? When Silica appeared in her bedroom she had her " lingerie " on... ( Before Kirito appeared and asked her if he could talk about the floor they were going to )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Besides the obvious "waking up topless" that was shown, you can see all the subtleties that were in their expressions. Kirito tenderly poking her cheek with a warm smile; Asuna waking up with such an expression on her face not uncommon with a fresh non-virgin towards their partner; and compare that to how she acted just before when she wasn't even fully naked.

It's clear that A-1 aimed for the 'PG-13' solution by showing Kirito fully clothed in contrast, and I think they nailed it. Older viewers know exactly what happened, while the younger crowd that doesn't "get it" would be left wondering.
pretty much all of these are perfect answers.
this is something you either know, or you don't.
and this pretty much satisfies both sides of the audience, or rather, this satisfies the audience and at the same time it saves their @$$es from parents and all those bad ppl, lol
Old 2012-09-10, 02:16   Link #369
Rakshasa

Calm down everyone, there's plenty of other possible explanations to the missing bra and such.

One of the most obvious is that Kirito somehow managed to destroy it while defending himself from the attacks of Asuna. And she got knocked out so he had to put her to bed.

Last edited by Rakshasa; 2012-09-10 at 06:50.
Rakshasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:37   Link #370
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
Calm down everyone, there's plenty of other possible explanations to the missing bra and such.

One of the most obvious is that Kirito someone managed to destroy it while defending himself from the attacks of Asuna. And she got knocked out so he had to put her to bed.
I think I'll use this explanation to hide the truth from my brother when he watched this episode
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:46   Link #371
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
They just HAVE to make a figure of Asuna in her underwear...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:59   Link #372
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post

Kirito half-naked, while smoking a cig~ Lol, I imagined about that too. Out of curiosity, what time does SOA air in Japan? That scene was sooo PG-13 that they didn't even want the blanket to go any lower than Asuna's collar bone.
Old 2012-09-10, 04:00   Link #373
Znail

So after having to sleep on the floor, Kirito feels so romantic that he proposes. And why would he propose to the girl that revolt him so much that he turned her down in her underwear?

The only logical reason would be if she was too angry, but she doesn't seem angry at all when she woke up so they obviously made up some time before.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:02   Link #374
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

I think in this kind of anime, males are forbidden to even have any signs of being naked :/

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
eplipswich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:09   Link #375
EnOfEridu
a.k.a Enki

It's people in this thread trying to much to deny what happened in the bed scene, or is a case of prudes vs. perverts?

I mean, yes! Kirito, after rejecting the underwear with +100 charisma of Asuna, is forced to sleep in the couch. BUT! since he is a pervert, he comes in Asuna's room, who likes to sleep naked because of reasons, and pokes her in the cheek because the other cheek is hidden. Asuna, naked, is toooootally conformtable with Kirito being with her while she is naked. OK! And, since Kirito has taken a peek under the sheets, we just don't have the correct PoV because camera angles in SAO are shitty (in game), so i was writing, Kirito says to himself "I want that a$$, all days" and proposes. Because he will use the special option in the menu only after marriage.

It's logical, isn't it? No pre marital sex, true? Or isn't easy that they just go there, do that, and move on. Man, episode 11 can't come sooner, can it?

Sometimes anime with upfront ecchi are easier. Everything is so clear.
Old 2012-09-10, 04:13   Link #376
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
I think in this kind of anime, males are forbidden to even have any signs of being naked :/
how can he leave any sign.... he will get his full clothes only in few seconds
(*open menu... select equip... done!*)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:15   Link #377
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
The only logical reason would be if she was too angry, but she doesn't seem angry at all when she woke up so they obviously made up some time before.
Oh yea they made up alright...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
It's people in this thread trying to much to deny what happened in the bed scene, or is a case of prudes vs. perverts?
I prefer calling it prudes vs. realists. I mean lord forbid two people express their love for each other using physical intimacy....
Old 2012-09-10, 04:19   Link #378
Sumeragi
Banned

There is also the Militant Romanticist, who denies anything happened because the anime portrayal destroyed her imagination with such a blotched cop-out way of showing things.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:34   Link #379
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Does it really matter though? Since there's no way to proof or disproof anything, why not just believe whatever you want to believe?

Personally, I think it's more fun thinking that Kirito and Asuna engaged in a mega long exchange of sensual carnal knowledge that is vividly detailed enough to fill ten separate C82 doujins... Then, you know, nothing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:37   Link #380
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'm more of the 'sweet and cardiac arresting awkward first timers' inclination myself.

Also, I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more than 10 come summer..