AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-30, 16:27   Link #21
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Explain to me, is it going with the game story or is it like a sequel, or something totally new?
Old 2006-09-30, 16:28   Link #22
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

The animation looked really clean despite the LQ raw. Damn, I guess I'll have to buy the DVDs then ^^ I really want those Hook illustrations they pack in with it, especially the materials from their upcoming game 'Honeycoming'

From the screencaps, it looks like Funamushi is, as always, an ero-idiot ^^
Old 2006-09-30, 16:32   Link #23
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Explain to me, is it going with the game story or is it like a sequel, or something totally new?
More like a sidestory that takes place within the game. There is a tanabata event in game, but it is completely different depending on which route/girl you follow.
Old 2006-10-01, 01:53   Link #24
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

Genre: Romance

Expected Release Date: October 27, 2006

This is an OVA series that is seem to be based on a game. The premesis of the show has been done to death, but that doesn't mean I'm tired of them. I'll simply watch anything that has a hint of romance, well, unless it is gundam (no offense to the gundam fans of course. ) Synopsis of the show is as taken from animenfo:

“Do you love any girl?”

This word asked by his friend casually during the school excursion changes something in Kaizu Takui.

"What will we be like, 10 or 20 years later?” When I have a lover, who stays next to me…?"

Usual breakfast with a childhood friend Konami, a little sister in law Sana, and her classmate Chiwa... At school, nothing special days with classmate Shino, and the senior student Wakana, etc... Gradually, images of the girls whom he has never had a special feelings with begin to change.

Then, at the night of Tanabata(*), Kaizus is going to open annual party. While others are writing their wishes on tanazaku, what is Konami’s secret wish…?

In Japan, is it still going to be summer in October? Also, the reason behind the hyphen ( _ ) attached in front of the title is a mystery. Looking forward to it!
It may be just me, but I don't understand the mini plot synopsis. Long distance romance, Unrequited love ?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-10-01, 03:10   Link #25
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Havent watched it yet, but is it me or do the characters look a lot like the ones from Canvas 2 ? and the girl with white hair looks 90% like Primula from Shuffle

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Primula (Shuffle!):

Then we repaint the boy's (from Canvas) hair and we have the ending
Spoiler for OMGWTFBBQ spoiler for Canvas 2 ending! Do not click if you dont want to know!:

Not that im complaining - the designs are pretty nice

Last edited by Skyfall; 2006-10-01 at 10:43.
Old 2006-10-01, 09:45   Link #26
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir

*Me, looking at the screencaps by monir*

*Read Skyfall's comments*

My gosh! Skyfall's right! That blondie (color?) girl looks almost like Elis And I can see Hagino too And that whitish purple (color?) hair girl really do look like Primula...or maybe Saya (the acting superintendent) And the boy? Yup! Look almost like Hiroki (different hairstyle & color though) The blondie boy looks almost like Shouta Gosh! Almost everybody look familiar to me.

@Skyfall

that last pic is a huge spoiler ^^;; Hopefully those who haven't watch Canvas 2 would think twice before clicking that spoiler.

Last edited by rei; 2006-11-29 at 05:35.
Old 2006-10-01, 11:11   Link #27
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
It may be just me, but I don't understand the mini plot synopsis. Long distance romance, Unrequited love ?
The hero is someone who has never really thought about relationship and such until now. His ero-friend made sure that he even ponders about it at a somewhat philosophical level which I found pretty amusing. At this point in episode 1, there is no hint of long distance romance, or if the story will be about unrquited love. This is more like the story is driven toward how the hero will identify his feelings which in turn will enable him to "choose" the girl (we can even tell who is the girl going to be). Standard formula for standard romance in anime for some exclusive audience in Japan and abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Havent watched it yet, but is it me or do the characters look a lot like the ones from Canvas 2 ? and the girl with white hair looks 90% like Primula from Shuffle
Wait till you hear Chiwa's voice. I was pretty shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei
My gosh! Skyfally's right! That blondie (color?) girl looks almost like Elis And I can see Hagino too And that whitish purple (color?) hair girl really do look like Primula...or maybe Saya (the acting superintendent) And the boy? Yup! Look almost like Hiroki (different hairstyle & color though) The blondie boy looks almost like Shouta Gosh! Almost everybody look familiar to me.
Old 2006-10-01, 12:27   Link #28
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai
Like I've said in my previous post, unless you've played the actual game, the storyline will probably be a complete mystery to most viewers~ ^^;;

As for the comparisions with Canvas2, while the characters may look alike (as with most anime series based on bishoujo games...), the personality and character settings are very different. For example, Konami, your softspoken and kind childhood friend, is the complete opposite of Elis in the anime version. (FYI, Elis' game character is considerably different from the anime as well)

Also, unlike Primula, Chiwa actually likes to talk, often seen bullying Takumi and Sana or handing out incomprehensible fortune tellings to friends. If they had something in common, it would probably be their peculiar behavior that falls far from the norm~ ^^;;

Back to the OVA, I loved it, especially the fact that all the original VAs (eroge proprietary seiyuus as well~) from the game are in the OVA, I even heard Takahashi on the radio!<3 Too bad it's only going to be one OVA episode. A 12 part series would have been much better ;_;
Old 2006-10-01, 12:48   Link #29
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Too bad it's only going to be one OVA episode. A 12 part series would have been much better ;_;
Well, I find it pretty doubtful that it'll only be one episode... why would they name it "season 1" then? I assume it's part of a short OVA series, and they'll probably announce the next "season" (a.k.a. DVD/episode) when the first one releases (on DVD).
Old 2006-10-01, 16:35   Link #30
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, I find it pretty doubtful that it'll only be one episode... why would they name it "season 1" then? I assume it's part of a short OVA series, and they'll probably announce the next "season" (a.k.a. DVD/episode) when the first one releases (on DVD).
I have a feeling that it's only going to be a one episode OVA. The first episode pretty much ended the possiblity of continuing on since Takumi can't choose a girl. Remember the Shuffle! debacle? That was one amazing display of dedicated fandom ^^;;

Also, on their website they didn't indicatate a second episode release date (OVAs usually have a release schedule)

If they do come up with a second episode, they might probably follow the drama CD skit, but that's another story altogether ^^;;
Old 2006-10-01, 19:03   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
I have a feeling that it's only going to be a one episode OVA. The first episode pretty much ended the possiblity of continuing on since Takumi can't choose a girl. Remember the Shuffle! debacle? That was one amazing display of dedicated fandom ^^;;

Also, on their website they didn't indicatate a second episode release date (OVAs usually have a release schedule)

If they do come up with a second episode, they might probably follow the drama CD skit, but that's another story altogether ^^;;
Well, all we can do is wait and see, I guess. It's also possible that they're waiting to see how well it sells. Not having the second episode release date on their website is incredibly common for OVA series - usually they go from one solicitation to the next, and a lot aren't on a firm/fixed schedule. It totally depends on the circumstances. In any case, I still maintain that it'd be very unusual to prominently put "Season 1" on the front of the DVD cover if there's only going to be one in total.
Old 2006-10-01, 19:22   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Add to what Relentless has already said, the episode doesn't give any definitive conclusion which is very unusual for any OVA series, especially, considering the premesis of this kind of show almost always demands one.
Old 2006-10-01, 19:22   Link #33
monir
cho~ kakkoii

hmm..........
Old 2006-11-28, 00:32   Link #34
monir
cho~ kakkoii

There has been a DVD raw out for the 1st episode that also includes a 4 minute Omake. I'm reposting a screencap for the episode along with a separate screens for the Omake.

Screens for the Omake:

By the way, could the following screencap be reading a clue to if there will be a 2nd episode for the OVA?

Old 2006-12-01, 02:17   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

In fact, I finally got the DVD myself (it took Amazon about two or three weeks to get their LEs in stock). And actually, the second volume is confirmed right on the DVD (and UMD) itself, in the information section right after the omake - slated for January 2007 (unless it gets delayed, I guess). So, good news! Anyway, here are some scans of the LE box.

Spoiler for _summer season.1 LE Box Covers:

Edit: Oh yeah, and by the way, that omake was hilarious! One more picture to add the screencaps...

Spoiler for As Sana says, "aikattchi!" (eyecatch - NSFW?):
Oh, and here's a cap of the volume 2 confirmation screen too.
Spoiler for Season 2 Confirmation:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-12-01 at 02:39.
Old 2006-12-01, 11:21   Link #36
Kisuke06
I see...

Hm... I want to watch it, no grups plan on subbing it? >.<
Old 2006-12-01, 18:51   Link #37
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

yeah i want to watch it but it appears that no subbers have stepped up to sub it, if i could read japanese then i would definitely give it a go, but i can't...
Old 2006-12-02, 01:05   Link #38
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, the second _summer OVA has a full release date now: January 26th. As with the first one, both a Limited Edition and a Regular Edition are available. Limited Edition includes a copy of the OVA on UMD (to play in your PSP), and a box (featuring an illustration from the game artists).
Old 2006-12-02, 03:31   Link #39
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine View Post
Like I've said in my previous post, unless you've played the actual game, the storyline will probably be a complete mystery to most viewers~ ^^;;

As for the comparisions with Canvas2, while the characters may look alike (as with most anime series based on bishoujo games...), the personality and character settings are very different. For example, Konami, your softspoken and kind childhood friend, is the complete opposite of Elis in the anime version. (FYI, Elis' game character is considerably different from the anime as well)

Also, unlike Primula, Chiwa actually likes to talk, often seen bullying Takumi and Sana or handing out incomprehensible fortune tellings to friends. If they had something in common, it would probably be their peculiar behavior that falls far from the norm~ ^^;;

Back to the OVA, I loved it, especially the fact that all the original VAs (eroge proprietary seiyuus as well~) from the game are in the OVA, I even heard Takahashi on the radio!<3 Too bad it's only going to be one OVA episode. A 12 part series would have been much better ;_;
ahhh... i see. I haven't quite yet done that (not that i would anyway, no time, sschool, work, sleep, world of warcraft.)

I wonder if it's any good. Ill have to check it out.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-12-04, 05:51   Link #40
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

man i'm really wondering if someone is going to sub this, cause i'm hopeless with japanese.. If it doesn't get subbed then i may never be able to watch this
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, eroge, hook, ova, rikuentai, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life