AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 20:19   Link #2981
HimeaSaito

Ep 13 might be where Kagura easily defeat the Aquarion and take Mikono with him...... and maybe that her memories of sylvie will fully awaken if i don't know she accidentally kiss him.

Ep 14 they will have some time together to awaken the original Aquarion or Kagura go to Neo-Deva to be with Mikono. Then his attitude might change......

Just predicting...... Anyone know what the next episode going to be for Ep 14-.....???? Spoiler??? Summary????
HimeaSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 20:31   Link #2982
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't know about every one else, but it seems that its Yunoha who has a major target painted over her head, not Jin. I wouldn't put it past Mykage to somehow kill her off (quite trivial if he can teleport Jin's transponder to her), just to give rise to Jin's "love" feelings.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 20:43   Link #2983
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Spoiler for :
Thanks. I don't know whether to trust that site more or wikipedia more, because they have fairly different reads on the significance of anemone flowers in hanakotoba. Doesn't look good for Jin...or anyone really, at least next week.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 20:48   Link #2984
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
She really hates hole

Crying Crea is too adorable X3
lol Crea's donut isn't a donut anymore, it became a pastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now's not the time for baths and breasts and bath with breasts !
It was about time a girl took a bath in this series, you can't have a series with a bunch of cute girls and not have a shower/bath scene!

And then it gets no love! Lost in the wave of speculation

Quote:
Don't you know? If she grabbed her skirt there's a chance she might rip it
Logic dictates that if Zessi grabbed her butt, the skirt is definitely ripped See, when strength is applied to the object in the back, what ever is in front is mincemeat

Quote:
Actually I was more occupied wondering why did Kagura landed behind the wall if he's just going to go through it ?

King Kong mentality again ?

Kagura roars!

Kagura smash!
I've just realized with that king kong act of his, there isn't much left of a Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
@mangatron---you want that MIX bathroom scene vectored?

I will have this along with Nude Zessica and Sexy Mikono sample images really really soon
Spoiler for nsw:
I don't think the bathtub Mixy would look good vectored, would it? I mean, part of the charm is the water in the tub, not sure how vectored water would look

But I would definitely like the sampled images

Quote:

(A few I shared before, just sharing again, in case anyone missed them. )

Renders
Thanks for the Mixy pixy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I have no idea is it's legit or not but I still post it :

Spoiler for Characters' age:

Jin is younger than Yunoha.

Kagura is jailbait.
Whoa, Jin can actually call Yunoha "oneechan"? For some reason I want to see that
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 21:41   Link #2985
MasterVampire

Can someone explain who and what the hell this Mykage guy is?
How can he just appear out of thin air?
How can he effect stuff on earth like making those rose petals appear?
How can he open that portal thing? etc....
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:28   Link #2986
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Can someone explain who and what the hell this Mykage guy is?
How can he just appear out of thin air?
How can he effect stuff on earth like making those rose petals appear?
How can he open that portal thing? etc....
Did you watch the original Aquarion? No then I'll explain.

11 years before the show started Shadow Angels reawakened from their slumber after their defeat 12,000 years prior at the hands of Aquarion.

These angels look like from humans with wings to monsters with wings. They don't speak moving their lips and they don't place their feet on the ground as they float.

Much of humanity is harvested for their prana and added to the Tree of Life. They use mythological beasts and cherubim mecha to that for them. They use portals to bring them back to Atlandia.

Some years before the disaster Gen Fudo aka The Magician unearth the Aquarion and formed Deava, which started gathering Elements to train and pilot the Aquarion vectors.

Here is the reason for that. 12,000 years ago while ancient Humanity which was technologically advanced fought for its existence a Shadow Angel and female Human warrior met in battle and fell in love. That was Apollonius and Celiane.
Apollonius betrayed the Shadow Angels to save Celiane. Then he and Celiane and the ancient Elements formed the Human capital of Sangrila. Creating the Aquarion with their technology and his wings.

In the present day in order to win if Humanity is to survive they needed the reincarnation of Apollonius which they found in Apollo. The reincarnation Celiane is Silvia and her brother Sirius.

As seen in Skies of Aquaria the historical Apollo sacrificed himself (Along with Sirius and the Shadow Angel Toma) to save the planet. Apollo would never forget Silvia's smell as they fell in love with each other again. Silvia would wait even for another 12,000 years.

Which brings us 12,000 years later in Aquarion Evol. Humans of another dimension started abducting females to repopulate their planet. The Shadow Angel Mykage has his own agenda and wants the Aquarion buried on their Earth that is keeping the planet together.

In the Aquarion OVA where there are differences to the series it was shown it was in fact an alternate universe to the TV series. So there is precedent of alternate Earths. Which seems to be the case with Altair.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:49   Link #2987
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Frankly, we barely know anything about anyone. All we have are some vague clues and a few certainities that may or may not lead where they seem to be leading (not to mention 'seem' is apparently very subjective). So I really see no point in getting overly invested in theories. And ship wars never make anything any better.
Not really into much of the shipping thing, though naturally there are biases, but more interested in character dynamics, fluidity, and logical progression. This show has a very peculiar case with Kagura because of: the large cast of snowflakes that require time to develop, single-minded and warped nature, rather pitiable character build up thus far, and a few other minor details.

The first point is rather self explanatory, there's just such a wide and diverse cast that they need time to give them all at least some screen time and development: Mix, Yunoha, Andy, Cayenne, Shrade, and a little bit to the Neo-Daeva heads, then there's Jin, Izumo, and Mykage, as the main partakers in this time from the side cast. Couple this to the three seemingly *more* main characters who've been moving the plot in Amata, Mikono, and Zessica. It's left very little time for development for Kagura and his major *debuts* were all about Mikono from his point of view up to and prior to episode five and then from the build up of the episodes following six that culminated in eleven.

Points two and three are also fairly self-explanatory as well. Kagura is warped but pitiable, he's not a mustache twirling bastard ala Mykage and its fairly evident that he's a puppet to higher forces at least on some level. Nevertheless, you cannot help but at least give the man some pity for the fact that he's nearly gotten himself killed trying to get to his *bitch* whom he had no ill feeling towards until getting mind raped by Mykage. Yes, he was vulgar but we've never seen much more of the man in a normal situation. The only instance we have, when he was talking to Amata, was a show of a general lack of malice (he didn't try to kill or harm either Amata or Mikono).

And this is what I mean, his entire character hinges on an obsession with Mikono because he's hardly had anything else built on/in to his character. And, frankly, I've never found any of it vague, especially not the whole smell discussion that was in here a few pages back. Its confirmed pretty matter of factly that Kagura did not know what Mikono looked like when he needed to find her and that he had to get up close and personal to sniff the random passer by to check her smell and confirm who she was (or more appropriately who she wasn't). When he finally found Mikono (which I guess means he just wandered the city following her trail for hours or something) he did confirm the smell... so, not really much room for doubt. (Or are we really going to argue that our little wolfboy can make a mistake with his one and only established power. The fact that he chases the vectors until catching them also addresses this point, he needs to be up close to truly distinguish smells and his only previous encounter with Mikono was inside said vectors.) (And like I said before, you have Aquarion, Mykage, and Fudo all espousing the same/similar lines when talking about the two of them, so there's just too much *coincidence* or *hand waving* to be done to explain it all away. We have a wedding that has yet to happen but that, I'd imagine has some point given that its been played up at least twice. So just looking at this from a timely progression, by the time just the wedding gets sorted out we're going to be pushing on at least episode fifteen.)

I'd rather him go out in a blaze of glory to protect Mikono than anything else given what twelve episodes have made of his character. I stand by my point that he could have been *the hero* of the story if he'd just been a little more fortunate to have never met Mykage. Now, he's almost in a *fallen hero* characterization of sorts.

Hopefully I've made my point clear... but if not, sorry for wasting you time.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:49   Link #2988
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Vena

...Maybe Kagura just isn't meant for great things? Last week was the closest we got to a focused episode on him and it was pretty much the same thing just cranked up to eleven....

*shrugged*
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:02   Link #2989
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
@Vena

...Maybe Kagura just isn't meant for great things? Last week was the closest we got to a focused episode on him and it was pretty much the same thing just cranked up to eleven....

*shrugged*
Oh I don't mind that, I don't care if his role gets (even more?) marginalized, all I want is consistency and good character flow and development.
Old 2012-03-20, 02:39   Link #2990
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Finally saw episode 12. Kind of a lame factor if Mikono became Amata official girl. Need more series to have the Genki girl having the guy for once.
I think MikonoxAmata is a big fat troll (It gives me a MinmayxHikaru feel ). So Zessica is going to have a chance.

Time will see if I'm right or not.

Your sig !!! Good to see I'm not the only one who appreciated Strawberry 100% troll ending. All the butthurt generated was particularly delicious.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-20 at 04:31.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 03:14   Link #2991
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
I think MikonoxAmata is a big fat troll. So Zessica is going to have a chance.

Time will see if I'm right or not.

Your sig !!! Good to see I'm not the only one who appreciated Strawberry 100% troll ending. All the butthurt generated was particularly delicious.
I predict that everyone will get trolled. Watch it happen.

They trolled Andy already.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 03:18   Link #2992
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I predict that everyone will get trolled. Watch it happen.

They trolled Andy already.
The trolling is the reason why people watch Kawamori's shows. XD

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-20 at 03:29.
Old 2012-03-20, 04:01   Link #2993
dark44

i think amata have family mean he is not apollon in the os apollo have no parents they just found him i think shadow angels after 12000 years appear without families may be like kagura
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 04:32   Link #2994
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Ep 13 might be where Kagura easily defeat the Aquarion and take Mikono with him...... and maybe that her memories of sylvie will fully awaken if i don't know she accidentally kiss him.

Ep 14 they will have some time together to awaken the original Aquarion or Kagura go to Neo-Deva to be with Mikono. Then his attitude might change......

Just predicting...... Anyone know what the next episode going to be for Ep 14-.....???? Spoiler??? Summary????
Future episodes
Spoiler:
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 04:56   Link #2995
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
Oh I don't mind that, I don't care if his role gets (even more?) marginalized, all I want is consistency and good character flow and development.
Frankly, after eps 7-11 I don't expect a whole lot of that... What I hope is that whatever happens in the end it will be at least believable and the result of a more or less natural progress. Which is why I hope that the reincarnation shenanigans won't be the single point that everything hinges on. "Because destiny says so" is no substitute for actual good writing, character development and chemistry between characters (regardless of where the odds may fall - btw, as I said earlier, this was my problem with the romantic angle in Genesis).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 05:31   Link #2996
mayumi

i agree with destiny says so but i prefer apolloxsilvia over amtaxmikono any day.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 06:49   Link #2997
Zuul

YunohaxJin still flooding Pixiv. (It's start to slightly upset me because as a consequance they don't draw ShradexCayenne as much as they did anymore.)
I wonder how would react the fandom if something bad happened at those 2.

Speaking of Shrade and Cayenne : OMG !!!! Shrade poked Cayenne's naked chest with his finger. *faint and nosebleed*

Also speaking of yaoi. Fangirls trying to foreefeed Jin with a sausage. XD

And finally, Amata's ankles wings are an erogenous zone.XD I wonder if people are aware that Amata is a bit different down there, and if he's still complexed about it.

@Mayumi : I won't express my feelings regarding AmataxMikono because it's going to piss people off. Let's just say I understand your POV.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-03-20 at 07:04.
Old 2012-03-20, 07:11   Link #2998
miketyson

Kagura in general seems overall problematic as a character. One thing in particular is that his Mikono obsession only really meshes with the show's overall light tone as long as he's a simple-minded beastman. If Kagura appeared more self-aware but he kept expressing his Mikono obsession in the way he has been it'd be somewhere between hard-to-buy and uncomfortably creepy.

Which leads me to think his Mikono obsession won't survive any eventual "redemption" for Kagura. It might follow Kagura to the grave, but otherwise as soon as Kagura mellows and/or "wises up" -- breaks out of the beast-man archetype he's been cast into thus far -- the nature of his obsession with her will have to change...that, or or we'll just get some unnatural characterization.

So it's what Vena is saying, I think, but from the opposite direction: Kagura's Mikono-obsession wouldn't mesh well with anything other than the simple-minded beastman characterization Kagura has going on right now, so if his character development has him drop the beastman aspect -- and if it's "positive" development, etc., and not just going 2000% evil -- I think the obsession aspect will have to go with it, for better or worse. Seems very much like those character traits are both-or-neither.

In-show it's hard to predict what'll happen next episode, let alone after three or four...but using out-of-show logic I can't see Kagura switching sides or finding redemption until near the end. The argument here is just that Altair doesn't have that many named characters, and as fabulous as he is I don't think Mykage can fulfill all of the show's villain requirements for a sustained period...so someone other than Mykage has to stay a bad guy for awhile longer, and of the other three named Altairians Kagura is best-positioned to do so.

I've given up trying to make precise predictions but will be surprised if Kagura gets his redemption until very late in the series.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-03-20 at 07:15. Reason: response to Vena
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 07:35   Link #2999
pingva

@miketyson:
At firs I thought about Kagura like you, but after awhile I've noticed that he is the only one who is going to bring the reincarnation plot and for that to happen he needs to interact with a main cast and its should start soon after Jin's resoliution is over or the other way we would be screaming how it is undeveloped.
Next, in Altair Kagura is going to get into a prison or back to Mykage who would send him back to Vega(and that would make Izumo mad again, because he needs to find Eve)

Actually now no one in the show is a bad one, I even don't see Kagura as bad guy. The characters who can take the position of a bad guy is Mykage or ZEN, because they are the only ones who are pulling all the strings.

When I think about Mykage, in this episode he kinda helped Jin to stay in Vega by showing Jin's device to Yunoha. The only way now Jin can back home is if he uses his device to phone to Izumo(which is now in Yunoha's hands) to open the gates or someone from Altair is coming to take him home(also it would be a great help to beat Kagura).

Last edited by pingva; 2012-03-20 at 08:06.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 08:44   Link #3000
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Kagura in general seems overall problematic as a character. One thing in particular is that his Mikono obsession only really meshes with the show's overall light tone as long as he's a simple-minded beastman. If Kagura appeared more self-aware but he kept expressing his Mikono obsession in the way he has been it'd be somewhere between hard-to-buy and uncomfortably creepy.

Which leads me to think his Mikono obsession won't survive any eventual "redemption" for Kagura. It might follow Kagura to the grave, but otherwise as soon as Kagura mellows and/or "wises up" -- breaks out of the beast-man archetype he's been cast into thus far -- the nature of his obsession with her will have to change...that, or or we'll just get some unnatural characterization.

So it's what Vena is saying, I think, but from the opposite direction: Kagura's Mikono-obsession wouldn't mesh well with anything other than the simple-minded beastman characterization Kagura has going on right now, so if his character development has him drop the beastman aspect -- and if it's "positive" development, etc., and not just going 2000% evil -- I think the obsession aspect will have to go with it, for better or worse. Seems very much like those character traits are both-or-neither.
In the show's earlier steps such as episodes five and six, Kagura's obsession did not require any light-hearted comedy to set the atmosphere. His obsession wasn't nearly as bad as it is now thanks to Mykage. The first (and only) time he's interacted with Mikono he's not been shown to be a bad person when you strip away the allegiances, orders, and robot fights. (Look at and compare his actions, he could have easily ripped apart the city as he does in this most recent episode to look for her but he doesn't. He goes about finding her in a peaceful way, confronts Amata with no ill intentions, and only gets mad when tackled and having his *woman* taken. In the time that he's locked up, he shows concern and other fairly human(e) emotions regarding Mikono.) So, aside from his stalker tendencies his character has an underlying *innocence* that's now been warped by Mykage into a rather creepy obsession. So if they drop or try to solve his now *warped by Mykage* aspect then he can return to his original state of characterization.

His character's overall shape and aspect (the beastman persona) is not necessarily connected to his desire for Mikono (his character focus). They can, just as easily, go with an antiquated Beauty and the Beast scenario, which would work quite fine/well for his character as it is. He can even follow the original story to its conclusion and die for his Bell.

His character has many options available that can/will keep true to his overall current characterization. This is, really, the most important thing for any character. Writers can make anything possible but in trying to change too much of an established form can (and often does) feel at the very least contrived and at worst a show of complete story telling ineptitude.

Tags
comedy, science fiction