AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-15, 18:31   Link #22061
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokIdle View Post
Is there some kind of explanation on how this is done? I'm looking for a way to make my still unbuild MG Unicorn a little bit more shiny and fibre optic cables sound like an interesting way to do it. The alternative would be LEDs. But you need like a dozen for the Unicorn and it seems really complicated. If this is not to hard to do then I might even be motivated to get a MG 00Q and build it the same way as in the picture.

On the topic of LEDs: would these work as a replacement for the LEDs Bandai uses in the 00Q and 00 Raiser? I think this should fit into the places where the LEDs are, maybe with the help of some glue. The original Bandai LEDs are somewhat hard to get...
here is the full article on the gundam guy blog:
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/0...ld-w-leds.html
apparently some sort of kit was used for this, the "Madman Lighting's Deluxe-8 LED & Fiber Optic Lighting kit" as it is called.
i have no idea how to use something like that but it does have a lot of advantages compared to LEDs. you basically just need one light source somewhere and the light travels any where you want through the fibre optic cables. especially for the unicorn this would be a great alternative!

about that LED set on HLJ you linked to, i have no idea if that would work. the whole unit seems to be pretty big compared to bandai LEDs and you would have to hide the switch somewhere, too.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 19:26   Link #22062
maknaedik

Page 1102 was spared, at least..

Anyway, Chances of getting MG FA Unicorn for December is HIGH as the next event will display one. Though I'd be glad if it isn't a fanmade but the real prototype. If that pushes through, I think it deserves the 150th spot of the MG line, though I won't buy it.

0 Gundam is important, technology wise. But even yithout it, the series would have still aired because the name of the series says "00" and not "0" Also, for it to get an MG release quickly, I don't think so. Astreas (white and red) have a higher chance IMO since their molds are not really far from Exia's. Lastly, it's has been hinted that early next year, it'll be the 3 Age-1 MGs, which I'm excited about. I will only get the Titus BTW.

Is fiber optic still expensive? That's far as I can remember when I was still a kid.
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 19:35   Link #22063
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post

Is fiber optic still expensive? That's far as I can remember when I was still a kid.
im really not sure about that... the technology itself isnt that complicated but i have no idea how expensive it is to make these cables. but the kit that was used to mod the MG OOQ here cost about $40, at least thats the price i found online.
Old 2011-09-16, 03:45   Link #22064
maknaedik

I think it's safe to say this. Rainbowten just confirmed the news that for December, the MG release will be, FA Unicorn ) Very worthy 150th MG. Congratulations for hopeful buyers
Old 2011-09-16, 05:16   Link #22065
Appel

lets just hope thats true^^
Old 2011-09-16, 05:42   Link #22066
Sworra

I'm pretty sure the official word will be out in the next 24 hours..
Old 2011-09-16, 06:06   Link #22067
Appel

yeah i guess so, too.
at 8000 yen this thing is probably going to be pretty expensive for most people though.

edit: all the pieces of my exia are finally painted... gonna finish this sucker tomorrow to let the paint dry properly :P

Last edited by Appel; 2011-09-16 at 09:20.
Old 2011-09-16, 22:26   Link #22068
rocawarde
Gundam Mechanic

Spoiler for QantandExia Mashup:

Can anyone tell me what they label the model as in the picture, Im really curious to find out and there isn't a text I can copy and paste.
Old 2011-09-16, 22:55   Link #22069
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The large letters just say GNT-0000 Double-O Quanta. Dunno the kanji below it, and I'm unsure as to the katakana next to the kanji... phonetically it sounds like setoramasuo. Doesn't seem to be related to the model's name, though.

Can't make out enough of the text above it to attempt making any sense out of it.
Old 2011-09-17, 04:54   Link #22070
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocawarde View Post

Can anyone tell me what they label the model as in the picture, Im really curious to find out and there isn't a text I can copy and paste.
that lookes really cool but i cant make out more than the obvious GNT-0000, too...

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-17 at 08:29. Reason: Quote removed!
Old 2011-09-17, 05:34   Link #22071
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

just got my two twin loto sets, while building them i somehow managed to break both arms on the same model :x the parts are so fragile, but they are so cute.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-09-17 at 08:30. Reason: Quote removed!
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 08:49   Link #22072
maknaedik

My bad, FA unicorn is the 149th MG, not the 150th. Which leads to the conclusion that the 150th kit will be Gundam Age-1 Normal (if ever they push through with what they planned)

HG Loto is quite nice. It has two and makes it worthy. Well, given that it's short, then it's just right.
Old 2011-09-17, 09:07   Link #22073
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
My bad, FA unicorn is the 149th MG, not the 150th. Which leads to the conclusion that the 150th kit will be Gundam Age-1 Normal (if ever they push through with what they planned)

HG Loto is quite nice. It has two and makes it worthy. Well, given that it's short, then it's just right.
yeah, they are _really_ short and fragile, glued the two arms back together and i'll have to kepe one of the 4 in tank mode only, but hell, it's still a great kit, they l ook great, only downside is once again, they are so fragile it feels like they are going to break when you put them together :x
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:46   Link #22074
Appel

alright im done!
have some photos!

taking photos was actually kinda hard because its so shiny^^

the paintjob sure as hell isnt perfect but at this point i dont even care anymore. i had so many problems with this guy and it was so frustrating how the paints didnt work at all that at one point i just wanted to chuck it in the bin...
but im glad that i didnt do it! like i said, its not perfect but im pretty happy with it!

and the HG avalanche exia dash is a great kit, too! i can totally recommend it!^^

the revell enamel colors i used are gold, silver and copper. i also used some tamiya clear red, the only clear color that actually decided to work and not just be a runny mess...
Old 2011-09-17, 16:57   Link #22075
Butagami

Looks good Appel, nice and shiny.

For me the long wait until my kits arrive has just begun. Can't wait!

By the way, if anyone has missed it, go check Gaijin-Gunpla and his "Courage" project, one epic custom paintjob for the PG Strike Freedom. That's the first time I've seen gunpla with such a heavy subject attached to it...
Old 2011-09-17, 16:59   Link #22076
Appel

thanks!
yeah, i have seen syd's "courage", too! it really does look amazing, i really didnt expect much when i first saw it but it turned out great!
Old 2011-09-17, 18:26   Link #22077
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/hguc-jesta.html

It would seem the Jesta utilise polycaps from OO HGs. This is evident from the way the shoulders extended.

Also, the backpack is interchangabel, especially with previous Jegans releases.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:24   Link #22078
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Do you guys know if a wet transfer decal set for the MG Red Frame exists? I tried googling it but all I get is the Blue Frame's decal set.
Old 2011-09-18, 02:19   Link #22079
maknaedik

@Illsteir Red Frame, unfortunately, doesn't have water slides from Bandai. you can try and check Samuel's if you want, but that of course is much different from Bandai's.

@Appel Nice Exia you got there

@Znozzy You can either use cement or super glue. When two parts that you'll put together is big, use cement. If it's small, use superglue. That's what I do actually
Old 2011-09-18, 03:00   Link #22080
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

http://hobbynotoriko.yumenogotoshi.com/hguc-jesta.html

It would seem the Jesta utilise polycaps from OO HGs. This is evident from the way the shoulders extended.

Also, the backpack is interchangabel, especially with previous Jegans releases.

Nice kits i might as well buy 3 of those
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy