AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-28, 21:27   Link #121
Jcness

just finished watching this last night..

it's definitely interesting to read everyone's opinions..

personally i would not condone how Sekai went about things.. and agree that she brought alot of the things that happened upon herself.. but..

i fell in love with her since that first kiss.. it was really unexpected and romantic.. at least it was for me..

i hated Makoto and his actions throughout the rest of the series.. and i feel really bad for Kotonoha.. how she was treated by everyone.. especially Makoto..

in retrospect i really did not enjoy this series but Sekai kept me watching..
Old 2008-01-29, 19:44   Link #122
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

I agree, she did that to herself, she should have never helped him with Kotonoha
for one if she didn't then Kotonoha wouldn't suffer so much
though still she betrayed Setsuna since she asked for her help at first and she forgot and hurt her so still...there really is no bad guy in the series at my point, Sekai is not bad but betrayed Setsuna and then in the series she betrayed both Kotonoha and Setsuna and gave plesure to Makoto...yeah the sorta bad guy is Makoto
Old 2008-03-03, 20:29   Link #123
GoldenCrystals
Higurashi Lover :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kezia~ View Post
I agree, she did that to herself, she should have never helped him with Kotonoha
though still she betrayed Setsuna since she asked for her help at first and she forgot and hurt her so still...there really is no bad guy in the series at my point, Sekai is not bad but betrayed Setsuna and then in the series she betrayed both Kotonoha and Setsuna and gave plesure to Makoto...yeah the sorta bad guy is Makoto
I agree with you.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:14   Link #124
ColdSun

Makoto isn't the bad guy either. No one is. They are just people who made some harsh mistakes. The only label I can give anyone here is Kotonoha. She is the victim. The Victim of bullying, lieing, cheating and more. She clearly suffered the most. Sekai betrayed her, she betrayed Setsuna and she started the ball rolling on this whole mess. Makoto is guilty of being stupid, insensitive and well, just a little too obsessed with having sex.
Old 2008-03-23, 12:28   Link #125
Qu!ck
ZZOOOOMMMMBBBBIIIIEEEEESS

Send a message via AIM to Qu!ck
Agreed, however, he is a teenage boy in highschool. Walk up to most highschool teenage boy, offer them sex with a very hot girl, and most would accept. You can't penalize Makoto without considering his male hormones.
Old 2008-03-30, 12:34   Link #126
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu!ck View Post
Agreed, however, he is a teenage boy in highschool. Walk up to most highschool teenage boy, offer them sex with a very hot girl, and most would accept. You can't penalize Makoto without considering his male hormones.
Yes you can. Observe: "Makoto is a dick for not using his brain more, or ever once stopping to think about the affect his actions will have on others, regardless of how much testosterone a boy of his age might have."

There.
Old 2008-03-31, 05:19   Link #127
qiluer
Kagurazaka.Yuji

Send a message via MSN to qiluer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameShark03 View Post
Sekai is the best friend kinda person. Tries to put others before her, but she is immature to realize what her own feelings are. Her name means the "world", but i think its wrong that she plays the role of Cupid or God to try pair people up and supervise their relationship.

She is like the girl next door, your childhood friend that supports you, but you havent realized that she might have a crush on you, since your mentally set that she is under your "Best Friend" category. Sekai knew how Makoto felt, what he would do and tries to train him to be a proper person so that he wont two-timer in a relationship. She tried that hard .. and got into a real nasty mess with Makoto (but Makoto is really a brainless and uncaring douchebag)

If anyone had to take out Makoto, it'd be Sekai. But by doing that, she unleashes the Psycho Kotonoha .. now she's scary .. i dont know whether to pity her or to run away! *shivers*
lolx!Makoto?... A word ..."stupid"
Old 2008-04-14, 03:28   Link #128
Amrael
Nothing ever changes.

Send a message via MSN to Amrael
Quote:
lolx!Makoto?... A word ..."stupid"
You read my thoughts .

Ok, now for the topic, Sekai has won me as the best character of School Days. And forgive me all of you Kotonoha fans if I say that she appeared more of a victim than her friend-rival in love. It is true that she is what made everything move, the very source of all that happened during the show, but it is true to blame her for everything? I'd say no. Although pretty invasive and over-the-edge, Sekai did a favor to Makoto in putting him in a position that would have him approach Kotonoha (this made them "lovers"), but this in the end backfired, as she herself became infatuated with Makoto, thus delivering a massively destructive blow to her friendship with Kotonoha, and it should be noted that she was conscious about it. However, she lacked something that Setsuna, Otome & Co. had, and that was malice: that is, she never did what she did for amusement, jealousy or, in Setsuna's case, for another friend.

And so what do we have in the end: Makoto with his pitiful excuses has is way with Sekai, only with the difference that where she loved him with her heart he loved her with is crotch, and demonstrated to be more than willing to throw her out as she became an annoyance, that is, pregnant (this was one of the cruelest acts Makoto had done, God how angry I was at him).

Of course, maybe I'm just seeing things and I grasped nothing of the show, and I do like Kotonoha a lot too, but IMHO Sekai has just that something that makes her all the way better. Her death was truly merciless, something that Makoto deserved in the first place.
Old 2008-04-16, 07:36   Link #129
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I really dislike Sekai. She helped Makoto and Katsura get together and then she ruins everything.

Quote:
she should have never helped him with Kotonoha
I agree but she wanted Makoto to be happy, but she couldn't hide her feelings.

Old 2008-04-19, 09:51   Link #130
ShiningSeraph
Wings of Heaven

Send a message via AIM to ShiningSeraph
I dislike Sekai. Reasons being because I think if Makoto and Kotonoha were left alone early on in the series, I'm sure they would've eventually met. They both noticed eachother on the train.

What Sekai did probably pushed it too fast (although Makoto screwed up with her early as well). Makoto did say in the end that he was happy with just looking at her.
Old 2008-07-15, 17:56   Link #131
yuuk1

At first, I really liked her. She was really sweet and I found her character quite lovable actually, until she had sex with Makoto.

She was at fault with the relationship, and so was Makoto. Their equally guilty. See Sekai had a choice, she could have had a great friendship with Makoto but instead, she tries to make herself feel satisfied in a very selfish manner. And Makoto, well...

He's a pimp. I hate him.
Old 2008-07-15, 23:48   Link #132
gibits
Endless

why does everyone say Sekai betrayed Setuda? Setuda gave up on Makoto, and never really showed a real interest in Makoto to begin with.
Old 2008-07-16, 00:10   Link #133
Taler
http://typemoon.us

I totally love Sekai, I don't think she did anything wrong... well, except at the very end.
Old 2008-07-16, 15:21   Link #134
IAmTheMurderer
There could be zombies.

In my point of view, a good deal of the crap that went down was Sekai's fault.
Yes, it takes two to tango and Makoto isn't absolved of guilt or any such.
However, Makoto himself seemed to be a very confused guy at the beginning of all of this. He didn't know how to go about a relationship and leaped in to the physical stuff right off.
When Sekai gives him those lessons, she pretty much does him in right then and there. He can't get his mind off of her and not wanting to hurt Kotonoha, he avoids her. It's pretty obvious though that he knows what he is doing is wrong and yet Sekai's acceptance of such behavior only encourages that.

Should he have went to Kotonoha and broke it off after he found himself in love with Sekai? Yes and he is a bastard for not doing so. However, I think Sekai should have made sure of it herself that he had broken up with her, particularly after Kotonoha kept claiming they were still going out.

Last edited by IAmTheMurderer; 2008-07-16 at 15:22. Reason: Typo
Old 2008-07-28, 03:04   Link #135
ShadowFoX
Uchiha Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheMurderer View Post
In my point of view, a good deal of the crap that went down was Sekai's fault.
Yes, it takes two to tango and Makoto isn't absolved of guilt or any such.
However, Makoto himself seemed to be a very confused guy at the beginning of all of this. He didn't know how to go about a relationship and leaped in to the physical stuff right off.
When Sekai gives him those lessons, she pretty much does him in right then and there. He can't get his mind off of her and not wanting to hurt Kotonoha, he avoids her. It's pretty obvious though that he knows what he is doing is wrong and yet Sekai's acceptance of such behavior only encourages that.

Should he have went to Kotonoha and broke it off after he found himself in love with Sekai? Yes and he is a bastard for not doing so. However, I think Sekai should have made sure of it herself that he had broken up with her, particularly after Kotonoha kept claiming they were still going out.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Don't get me wrong, Sekai is a good character and all, but nearly everything could have been prevented if she had just not stepped in.
On that note, it's obvious that Makoto is the real dumb one here. He had to have more. It was just greed until the end.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:45   Link #136
Nemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taler View Post
I totally love Sekai, I don't think she did anything wrong... well, except at the very end.
Spoiler for Anime Spoiler:

Signature by ganbaru
Old 2008-07-29, 13:37   Link #137
Taler
http://typemoon.us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
Spoiler for Anime Spoiler:
Uh huh.
Old 2008-07-29, 14:02   Link #138
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFoX View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Don't get me wrong, Sekai is a good character and all, but nearly everything could have been prevented if she had just not stepped in.
On that note, it's obvious that Makoto is the real dumb one here. He had to have more. It was just greed until the end.
Nothing would've happened had Sekai not stepped in. In the end, it's what you want more: a brief moment of having what you want, or an eternity of not having what you want.

Everyone associated with Makoto, as well as the man himself, wanted something without any regards to anyone else's feelings. The only person that can make a case against it is Setsuna, and even her true intention was pretty dubious.
Old 2008-10-15, 00:37   Link #139
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Thinking back, from the very starts, everything that happened in the story was Sekai's fault. The fate of the entire plot was decided the very moment she unexpectedly kissed Makoto on that train station on the first episode. At first, she was indeed my favorite. By anime's end, not so much.
Old 2008-10-15, 10:34   Link #140
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I wouldn't really put the blame for the outcome on just one character. They were ALL responsible for their choices, no one forced anyone to do anything against their will. So, they should all share the "blame" for it.

The only thing Sekai can be truly blamed for is Makoto's final fate.

Closed Thread