AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-10, 23:04   Link #1361
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I found this article quite informative on the subject of disc sales in Japan: http://2chan.us/wordpress/2010/05/03/2ch-sales-numbers/

I'd be wary of assuming that the popularity of AKB48 will spill over into anime sales, though. Remember this show isn't even carried on a major Tokyo television station, so large numbers of people cannot see it. There's also this discussion from a few pages back that said there was little or no advertising or promotion for this show in Akihabara.
That's where it would be important if they already have the two season planned with a breaker in between. Because this means we would get the season 2 regardless of sales, although bad sales may result in animation quality dropping on the second half.

Also very interesting article.
Old 2012-06-11, 00:00   Link #1362
mochichan

True..there isn't alot of promotion but even if they don't promote it in Akiba, AKB's fanbase has expanded out from that area yrs ago. I'm sure AKB fans know about the show, and that's a pretty large amount of people already. Watanabe Mayu is actually 2nd ranking member now, and received alot of news about her being the next ace and since she's in this anime, it might draw attention to this show.

If alot of fans aren't able to see the show on TV, but they probably know about it since news of AKB anime was covered by Oricon website as well as morning news shows that usually don't cover anime releases, there's high chance they might buy the BD, especially since the price of the 1st volume seem pretty cheap.

Anyway~ preview for next ep...Oh damn..Takamina D:

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-11 at 01:03.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 00:31   Link #1363
Kazu-kun

Damn I hope they won't kill Takamina ><
Old 2012-06-11, 01:01   Link #1364
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Preview and episode watched, time for my thoughts...

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2012-06-11, 01:03   Link #1365
mochichan

that would really give way since there's hint of Kanata's succession but I hope not in this way...D:
I don't like the idea of "well, this successor got blew up by mecha from the government so you're next, good luck"......:\
Old 2012-06-11, 01:11   Link #1366
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Preview and episode watched, time for my thoughts...

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Spoiler for ep7:
Old 2012-06-11, 01:27   Link #1367
mechdra

As expected, Chieri cried . However, she is somehow a over gown loli + imouto chara type. Having Takamina story in this episode is good as it shows that the current sucessors have their own flaws as well

Spoiler for Thoughts about episode 7:

Spoiler for Episode 8:
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 01:39   Link #1368
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
As expected, Chieri cried . However, she is somehow a over gown loli + imouto chara type.
Despite her looks, she's just a 13 years old girl. Besides, considering for how long she must have been carrying all this baggage about her family, it seemed appropriate to let herself go and cry like the little girl she really is. It didn't seem stereotypical to me, it actually seemed kinda realistic (well, as realistic as you can get in this setting anyway).

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-11 at 23:06.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 01:43   Link #1369
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Spoiler for ep7:
Spoiler for ep 7:

Quote:
As expected, Chieri cried . However, she is somehow a over gown loli + imouto chara type. Having Takamina story in this episode is good as it shows that the current sucessors have their own flaws as well

Spoiler for Episode 8:
AkiP love trolling...He even made a fake CG member to troll fans...Eguchi Aimi. If this anime have so much references to the real AKB, it might not surprise me if this GodKiP is trolling too...

Anyway I don't think we have to worry about that since this Takamina isn't the exact real Takahashi Minami.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:51   Link #1370
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Spoiler for ep7:
But that would mean...

Spoiler for You know what happens...:
Old 2012-06-11, 01:53   Link #1371
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
But that would mean...

Spoiler for You know what happens...:
Actually, her original character design had short hair.

So yeah, it's not out of the question. It could happen. The staff definitely thought about it at the very least.
Old 2012-06-11, 06:30   Link #1372
mechdra

I just watched the sub version partially. It seems that takamina is not happy because Kanata will never get promoted as long as she is around but she angst because someone is going to replace her in time to come. I guess the earlier reason might be it.
Old 2012-06-11, 06:55   Link #1373
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I just watched the sub version partially. It seems that takamina is not happy because Kanata will never get promoted as long as she is around but she angst because someone is going to replace her in time to come. I guess the earlier reason might be it.
It's bit of both actually.

Anyway, I'm hoping next episode she'll realize that she can't keep being insecure about her position even if Kanata is closer to the original Takahashi, because everyone depends on her as AKB's leader. Right now she is Takamina, not Kanata, and she needs to do her best for the group's sake.

Provided they don't kill her off, of course....

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-11 at 07:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 08:02   Link #1374
chaosprophet

Quote:
Damn I hope they won't kill Takamina ><
I don't think this is very likely. Takamina dying now that she is insecure would take away any happiness the girls would have from Kanata becoming a successor, and may even destroys their dynamic.

I thnk next episode will be a life and death situation which will make Takamina get her confidence in herself back.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:04   Link #1375
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I don't think this is very likely. Takamina dying now that she is insecure would take away any happiness the girls would have from Kanata becoming a successor, and may even destroys their dynamic.

I thnk next episode will be a life and death situation which will make Takamina get her confidence in herself back.
If you don't want Takamina to die, there's another solution : turn her into a evil cyborg for the next season.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 08:44   Link #1376
mechdra

A death at this point is hardly Kawamori's style of anime. If he do, it will be either the end of this season or the middle of season 2, my guess will be the later.

I do hope one thing, we will see Acchan in the next episode in a flashback.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:00   Link #1377
ookamigirl

Some of the girls finally got the chance to be on stage.
They sure made an interesting selection for the stand-ins.
The rest were still enjoying themselves and training hard as usual.
Kanata was surprisingly supportive to Chieri.
Those Kirara of succession were pretty interesting.
Takamina sure tookthe kirara's new decision badly.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:01   Link #1378
Midonin
Last Engage

AKB0048 07 - Glowing Recommendation

I like the design of the Kirara Forest/Shrine thing. Areas with that supernatural, not of this Earth feeling have always captivated me. The idea of having the next generation picked by the Kirara is interesting, and makes me wonder. Is Sensei-sensei possibly a giant Kirara itself? The idea wouldn't be too out of the way at this point.

Figured Chieri's secret would have to come to the forefront eventually. Kanata returning the favor was a pretty good way to handle it. Makes it feel like the character development came full circle, though another thread has already opened up. Nagisa was all ready to succeed Yuuko... and probably won't. At least, for now. I can see this having repercussions for a few episodes.

And on a completely unrelated note, what gave Sonata the idea that bears hop?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 10:14   Link #1379
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
wow an orgy in the dressing room....... holy crap!! a sacred place filled with lots of Kiraras!! & their LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL's are amplified to over 9000 or infinity!!

i wonder what's running in Nagisa's head when she barged into the room then saw Chieri & Kanata embracing with eachother on the floor?..... hmmm, suspicious......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 11:12   Link #1380
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Despite her looks, she's just a 13 years old girl. Besides, considering for how long she must have been carrying all this baggage about her family, it seemed appropriate to let herself go and cry like the little girl she really is. It didn't seem stereotypical to me, it actually seemed kinda realistic (well, as realistic was you can get in this setting anyway).
Indeed. She's still only a little more than a child, and she's been holding in all this fear and pain and uncertainty. And being in AKB didn't help her, because of the fear that the very people she wanted to join would be hateful and suspicious of her because of her family. With all of that winding up tighter and tighter within her, it's remarkable she made it this long without snapping in some way. Good job by Kanata in helping Chieri get it out, proving herself as the captain of the trainees. Hopefully this can become a turning point for Chieri, where she can start trying to open herself more to the other girls. I don't expect her personality to change overnight, of course, but this can still be a beginning.

Poor Takamina! What a thing to have happen! Don't give up, captain. Don't give up on yourself, and don't give up on Kanata. You have been there as a strong leader when the others needed you, don't give up on yourself now! And don't let them tell you who you can or cannot be, or who Kanata can or cannot be. You were strong enough to become Takamina in the first place, you can be strong enough to tell them that you will not accept having to give up your position or forcing Kanata to stay a trainee for years until you retire. Have faith in yourself, and faith in Kanata, and you can find a way to overcome this.

With that "no one can replace her" bit at the end, I hope Yuuko doesn't get upset with Kanata. I'd like to think she's smarter than that, but she does seem to be the sort of person who acts first based on her emotions rather than rational thought. Ooo... I don't like tension among the girls. I believe trusting themselves and trusting each other is as important a part of being an idol in this universe as all the singing, dancing, and emoting stuff is. Chieri's Kirara reacted strongly to Nagisa's determination to be on that stage with her friends. I believe that unity is essential.

And I just remembered something that worries me a bit. Chieri's kirara disappeared when she was embarrassed about trying to pull Yuuko's sexy pose in front of the window. I don't think it ever came back throughout the rest of the episode. That... makes me concerned.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime