AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2018-12-17, 04:11   Link #41
WingedAccelerator

Ichika
Guess, we are going to get samples like this in the next few days, instead of a real PV.
Old 2018-12-17, 09:59   Link #42
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wait a minute, are we getting CGI or hand drawn anime? Because previous stills looked like it was traditional, but now looking at Ichika, maybe those stills are actually cherry picked scenes that look the most like traditional anime.

Not that I mind; I still rank Hi Score Girl very high despite it being CGI. It's just outside of Japan CGI isn't as accepted as easily (or at all) in anime, and it will put a damper on its introduction to non-manga readers, just like Hi Score Girl was initially very poorly received in its pilot episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2018-12-17, 11:13   Link #43
WingedAccelerator

^I think only these character introduction bits are going to get the CGI treatment. The rest will be hand drawn.
Old 2018-12-17, 18:57   Link #44
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Ichika
Guess, we are going to get samples like this in the next few days, instead of a real PV.
It looks like they're styling these after Visual Novels where the character's body and mouth can move...
Old 2018-12-17, 20:15   Link #45
DJBlitzkrieg

The anime is not being done in CGI, they're doing these animations with Live2D to showcase the seiyuus.
Old 2018-12-18, 03:12   Link #46
WingedAccelerator

Nino
Yikes... Way higher than I expected.
Old 2018-12-19, 04:16   Link #47
WingedAccelerator

Miku
Not bad at all. I listened to some of her performances and thought it's definitely gonna be a high pitched voice, but it turned out to be quite adequate IMO.
Old 2018-12-19, 04:17   Link #48
DJBlitzkrieg

Hey, it actually sounds fitting, that's quite nice.
Old 2018-12-19, 18:18   Link #49
Ichinotachi

Ichika and Miku are great but nino's voice, that's pretty bad.
Old 2018-12-19, 21:18   Link #50
Wandering Soul

Yeah, Nino's voice is higher and more cutesy than I expected it to be.
Old 2018-12-20, 02:31   Link #51
WingedAccelerator

Yotsuba
Ayaneru takes it home.
Old 2018-12-20, 10:22   Link #52
bastek66

It sucks that professional seiyuus sound so weak. It really would be better if Ayaneru voiced all girls. She's only one that sounds good.
Old 2018-12-20, 10:32   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ayaneru as Yotsuba <3. Unfair advantage as she voiced the originals so it's already ingrained to our head. Still, I'm so glad on so many levels Yostuba won the Ayanerubowl, because realistically she was only going to be Yotsuba or Itsuki, as either they double down on the girl who most people think will win OR they relegate her to quint who is least likely to win. In either case it wouldn't have raised eyebrows, or at least not as much if she voiced any of the other three.

Upon second review, Ayanyan as Nino is not terrible. It's really only the "pankeiki kashira" portion of the clip that sounds really off, but I guess they really wanted to drive home her tsundere attitude within the 7 second clip. Her non-dere voice sounds fine, and considering Nino would be only maybe 20% dere for the show's run, I'm pretty hopeful Nino isn't going to be disappointing voice-wise.

Miku is Miku; not really a big fan of Rei-cloned voices, but just my opinion. I'm actually more worried about this because they did not showcase another voice of the newbie, and Miku should warm up within 20% of the show, and I don't relish hearing this gloom and doom voice for most of the show and needs to be toned down IMO.

Of course, HanaKana can do no wrong. While it's true she's typecasted as the 'younger role', it isn't her first oneesan role. She voiced some of my favourite characters in Kotoura-san and Irregular in Magic High School, while her 'same age but takes on an oneesan role' as Maria in Shinsekai Yori was the star performance of the show.

(What's Ichika's favourite food though? I have no idea what she was talking about. XD)

Of course next is Inorin, but she's done so many 'main heroine' roles I'm not too worried about it. Funnily enough I thought Inorin would be likely Miku, due to her voicing fan favourites like Yoshino, Meteora, or Rem, but I'm guessing they're going for a role more like Akane from Netoge.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2018-12-20, 11:16   Link #54
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
(What's Ichika's favourite food though? I have no idea what she was talking about. XD)

Of course next is Inorin, but she's done so many 'main heroine' roles I'm not too worried about it. Funnily enough I thought Inorin would be likely Miku, due to her voicing fan favourites like Yoshino, Meteora, or Rem, but I'm guessing they're going for a role more like Akane from Netoge.
Shiokara. They were in the character introductions from Volume 3.

If Negi really picked them himself, or at least helped, then I'm pretty sure he retweeted some Rem fanart ages ago, so maybe he thought that's how Itsuki should sound like, even before the actual anime. Or... Main heroine. :P
Old 2018-12-20, 12:10   Link #55
LG-MAX 2.o

trailer

Old 2018-12-20, 12:49   Link #56
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Looks pretty good tbh. Much better than bokuben.
Old 2018-12-20, 12:54   Link #57
WingedAccelerator

Lighting effects aside, I surprisingly like it.
Old 2018-12-20, 14:58   Link #58
Ichinotachi

I like it too, looks pretty nice. I still have my doubts about Nino's voice but whatever 4 out of 5 are great.
Old 2018-12-20, 18:45   Link #59
DJBlitzkrieg

I actually don't like HanaKana's Ichika, I think she sounds low effort and generic.
I can't picture the character at all, just HanaKana's most generic tone, hopefully it changes in the anime.
Old 2018-12-21, 03:07   Link #60
WingedAccelerator

Itsuki
Can't say I hate it, but I don't like it either. It's odd.

Opening
Closed Thread