AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Toradora! character(s)
Takasu Ryuuji 113 55.67%
Aisaka Taiga 99 48.77%
Kushieda Minori 68 33.50%
Kawashima Ami 120 59.11%
Kitamura Yuusuke 15 7.39%
Kanou Sumire 48 23.65%
Koigakubo Yuri 18 8.87%
Takasu Yasuko 38 18.72%
Haruta Kouji & Noto Hisamitsu 13 6.40%
Inko 29 14.29%
Others (specify) 1 0.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-04, 15:24   Link #41
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Ami is the best
Old 2009-01-04, 17:08   Link #42
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Same as me. I could never understand why Japanese fans like her so much. Or Rei for that matter. But again, this is a difference between cultures.

In Japan Rei from evangelion is the most popular heroine of Evangelion by far, while in most europe countries or in United States Asuka usually takes the first place.
Interesting.

Sadly we'll never [at least, for a long time don't] see anime with relationships like the western stuff.
Old 2009-01-04, 17:20   Link #43
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
In Japan Rei from evangelion is the most popular heroine of Evangelion by far, while in most europe countries or in United States Asuka usually takes the first place.
Didn't I JUST say that...?
Old 2009-01-04, 17:25   Link #44
hai_san

1.Ami
2.Ryuji
3.Taiga
4.Minorin
5.Yasuko
Old 2009-01-04, 18:02   Link #45
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Yes, but Kaisos, I am evangelion fan as well and know that fact true. Besides you just said in states ,while i added in europe (as far as I know, in lithunian, german and french forums Asuka is more popular than Rei).

Besides these two well known heroines help to express the differences between cultures the best.
Old 2009-01-04, 20:27   Link #46
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

1. Ami-chwan
2. Ryuuji
3. Yasuko (reason she gets in this spot above Taiga and Minorin is cause Pelly choose a pic of Yasuko that I swooooooned over so just had to put her higher than she is)
4. Taiga
5. Minorin
Old 2009-01-04, 20:32   Link #47
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Well, Taiga and Ami.
Old 2009-01-04, 23:17   Link #48
BlueDo

Ryuuji ftw.

It's a pleasant surprise to see he's on the top already 0_o
The cleaniest guy is ahead!
Old 2009-01-05, 07:59   Link #49
Pyro Burns

vote for
palm top taiga
the hyperactve minorin
and baka bird inko
Old 2009-01-05, 08:09   Link #50
Westlo
Lets be reality

To add to the list of popular in japan but not everywhere else I would have to say Minmei from Macross/Robotech. She was easily the most popular character in Japan yet Misa was more popular everywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Damn, Ami really has started pulling away in this thing. I wonder if the preference of Ami over Taiga is a cultural thing.
She's only had a slight lead, pulling away would be Sheryl in Macross Frontier.. and than there's Horo in Spice and Wolf who might as well have been the only person on the poll.
Old 2009-01-05, 08:21   Link #51
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
She's only had a slight lead, pulling away would be Sheryl in Macross Frontier.. and than there's Horo in Spice and Wolf who might as well have been the only person on the poll.
Another example would be Hinagiku in Hayate no Gotoku (ie. the first poll we had here).

As for Ami and Taiga, I don't know how they are doing in Japan but, judging from the number of fanarts, I'd say that for every 10 Taiga you get 3 Ami and 2 Minori (rough estimate).
However, it's to say that Ami fanarts are increasing in the last period, so those numbers may vary.
Old 2009-01-05, 08:25   Link #52
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh yeah forgot about Hinagiku, she flat out dominated that poll and will do the same once you guys do one for season 2 after that airs. As for popularity in japan.. only seen Taiga on any magazine polls but Ami did come in late. Taiga was #10 on Newtype female poll for the last 2 months, to compare to something that aired at the same time, Kannagi's Nagi didn't make the poll 2 months ago but was #3 last month.

New polls should be out soon, sure Taiga will move up.
Old 2009-01-06, 03:09   Link #53
Amber.Dawn

I voted for Ryuji, Taiga, Ami, and the two comedic guys.
Old 2009-01-07, 19:41   Link #54
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It's really hard to have a 'favorite' char in this kind of show, where everyone in the main cast complement each other both emotionally and comically. I still say out of the 4 I picked, I liked Taiga the most, due to her development as a char(take that how you will). I think she's come the furthest out of all of them, with Ami being second, so I really gotta commend the writers on their progression.
Old 2009-01-08, 23:48   Link #55
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Another example would be Hinagiku in Hayate no Gotoku (ie. the first poll we had here).
I remember the Hayate polls... I think you needed to make a "Hayate no Gotoku - Favorite Character(s) Poll (Not Including Hina since we know what'll happen)."

Or something like that. I also recall the narrator getting quite a good number of votes.

I'm surprised more people didn't vote for Inko-chan! Sure he's ugly and probably ridden with every disease a bird can get. But he's a miracle and a slap to the faces of veterinarians everywhere! Plus, he's part of the family.

Myself, I voted for Takasu, Taiga, Inko-chan (obviously), and Yasuko. I don't like the other characters nearly as much, but I do like all the character.

Except Taiga's father of course. [Insert Endless Line Of Obscenities Here]
Old 2009-01-09, 03:09   Link #56
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Wow, I purposely left the Vote Your Favorite Characters thread and poll for a while (not wanting to see what's in there yet) just to see how it'll turn out and what do I get for eyecandies? An awesome tally. Everyone likes Ami, Ryuuji and Taiga, eh? But Minorin needs some credits too

I mean, like, Ami, Ryuuji and Taiga respectively had a staggering amount of leads over Minorin (almost half of the total votes for each) :O

... I take it that I'm not also awed with the series, but the polls.

... Forgot this. I voted for

1. Ami
2. Ryuuji
3. Minori

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-01-09, 12:47   Link #57
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Didn't thin Ryuujin will have so close my Ami ?
Old 2009-01-10, 07:47   Link #58
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I remember the Hayate polls... I think you needed to make a "Hayate no Gotoku - Favorite Character(s) Poll (Not Including Hina since we know what'll happen)."
Well it's pick your favourites so it's not that including her would mean exclude the others. Although the 73,5% she's scoring in the second poll is quite impressive. ^^
But Hina is a special case, I don't know how many other characters managed to get their own episode poll on these forums.

As for this poll, just some observations that come to mind:

- I expected Ami to do well, but no so well. I was more expecting her as runner up behind Ryuuji-Taiga.
- Not particularly surprised nor impressed by Taiga results so far, while Ryuuji is doing spectacularly well but for once that we got a decent male lead in a romance, that isn't surprising either.
- I think that Minori had her share of votes "stolen" by Ami in the episodes from the beach trip onwards. She was the former first supporting character for the two leads, but Ami took the spotlights (in every sense) after that.
- I kind of expected Yuusuke to be low, but not so low (I thought he would at least be on par with Haruka-Noto)
- Brilliant results, given their screentime, for Yasuko and especially Sumire.
Old 2009-01-10, 11:53   Link #59
hai_san

The top trier are close, i havent thought so either, let see how far this will go when the serie ends.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:08   Link #60
Deathscyther

I think Ryuuji will be the winner in the end. I see Taiga getting more votes than Ami during the second half, so I see Taiga ending up second, just before Ami.

I think Minorin and Sumire will get more votes, but they won't come close to the top 3.