AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 23:11   Link #1001
Calca
Expressionless

I think if the main lead were more "normal" there wouldn't be nearly as much hate on here.

Strange that even in anime people have revulsion to short chubby kids.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:22   Link #1002
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
So, does anyone think that Kuroyukihime will betray Haru at some point? Do you think her falling in love was unbelievable because it was too fast?
Old 2012-04-28, 23:24   Link #1003
king12354

It was a bad love confession. The timing and leadup was bad and the whole thing seemed like a cheap way to tug heartstrings.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:26   Link #1004
Dr. Casey

Nah, I think her love is the real thing. She's just a Stage 5 Clinger.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:37   Link #1005
Jerseykid

I think a few more episodes before the confession would have made the love more believable. I wanted a bit more of the jealousy and best friend tears too, that was good stuff.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 23:44   Link #1006
tsunade666

strange enough that the story where a girl falls in love with a guy and confess isn't that rare to see and it happens in other stories and it also happens in other stories without even prior development between the two couples or no connection at all. Just abrupt confession and love at first sight and confession all of a sudden.

But when it happens on a fat pig. The net gone haywire crazy that it's impossible. Though I also felt it won't happen in real life even though I know it can happen in real life. Sure seems fantasy at some point but still believable. And Haru's feelings are well grounded in real life. Because there is no way in hell a a perfect girl like KYH would fall for him thus I understand his stubborn idea though still stupid but believable but that cause him a lot and KYM suffers to save him but it's now his turn to protect her. As her pawn , her "child" (their relationship in the game is parent and child) and a possible lover? XD

I like his looks when his determine to do what he must do.
Old 2012-04-28, 23:50   Link #1007
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

And I really don't get that further acceleration bit. How does enhanced perception translate to moving your body at speeds not humanly possible? And wouldn't that have caused a massive strain on her heart?
When I saw that the doctor diagnose mutiple organs are badly damaged, I was thinking whether could it be due to the full physical burst as well. Luckily there are protein micromachines in this world that could repair this...
Old 2012-04-29, 00:12   Link #1008
Dr. Casey

Hm, I don't think there's anything wrong with him personality-wise... he's sweet, intelligent, passionate, a nice catch all-around. I know some people think he's too whiny or self-loathing, but bullying can really destroy a person, especially in extreme and persistent cases like Haruyuki's. I give him credit for remaining a kind and gentle person, traits that many of those who are bullied don't manage to hold onto.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 00:59   Link #1009
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I don't have a problem Kuroyukihime liking pig boy. I've seen far worse in harem series, and here it's logical (when love IRL usually isn't). KYH values being the strongest and fastest, and from what looks like it, she was at the top of brain burst but was forced to go into hiding because the rest of the kings banded against her. With her only able to beat pig boy via cheating, I guess she was really impressed at how well he perfomed in that game.

No, what I've got a problem with is them depowering KYH. I know its supposed to be like a shounen show, but a part of me dies whenever a strong female is reduced to this state. Goddamit Japan...

Also, Taku was backdooring Chiyu all this time? I thought they were too young for that, but I guess, kids these days...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 01:45   Link #1010
Maxtro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Also, Taku was backdooring Chiyu all this time? I thought they were too young for that, but I guess, kids these days...
ROFL!

Taku certainly is a creep.

My guess is that he's been using brain-burst to cheat at Kendo. But he's not that hot on the fighting game so he has to stoop to such measures to avoid losing access to brain-burst.
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 02:16   Link #1011
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I thought what happens in the accelerated world is only inside our head?
Normally yes, but the physical burst gives one an extra brief burst of speed. Sort of like the peak of a human's limits.

Obviously nothing shows that it's more than a brief burst and certainly since it's still bound by physical constraints, not something outrageous
Old 2012-04-29, 02:39   Link #1012
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hm, I don't think there's anything wrong with him personality-wise... he's sweet, intelligent, passionate, a nice catch all-around. I know some people think he's too whiny or self-loathing, but bullying can really destroy a person, especially in extreme and persistent cases like Haruyuki's. I give him credit for remaining a kind and gentle person, traits that many of those who are bullied don't manage to hold onto.
Well, his low self-esteem and resulting occasional lashing out at those who love him mean he's a fixer upper. But then, some girls find that attractive too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
So, does anyone think that Kuroyukihime will betray Haru at some point? Do you think her falling in love was unbelievable because it was too fast?
Well, she did take a car for him (as in, take a 1000kg bullet), so there's that. Whatever one's thoughts on the realism of a cute girl falling for a fatso, the realism of making a plan that involves both a collision with a car like that and expectation of survival is worse.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 03:44   Link #1013
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, his low self-esteem and resulting occasional lashing out at those who love him mean he's a fixer upper. But then, some girls find that attractive too.
It gives them motherly instinct

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-29, 04:51   Link #1014
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I didn't really have a problem with Kuroyukihime (seriously series give us some shorter name to work with ) falling for Haruyuki. Almost appreciated that it didn't take almost the entire series for to clue in on her feelings and then express them. Sure, it took a car flying at them, but whatever. Definitely a million reasons to fall for someone so can take these. Being interested in his potential, seeing him in that terrible state and wanting to help him, and a threat coming forward from her point of view (Chiyuri), is enough really to make something happen.

Though I can see how Haruyuki couldn't really believe it at first. Though he paints her as perfect it's not like she really is. If she was then she wouldn't have just lost it attacking the one 'King' and then getting into a full out brawl with the rest of them. She does have a lot going for her, but he's been putting himself down for so long that she does appear perfect by comparison.

I'm looking forward to seeing this coming fight. He's finally got reasons to step up, but now he's facing a friend that he's known for so long. Though I really feel bad for Chiyuri who was being used like that.
Old 2012-04-29, 04:56   Link #1015
Elestia

The confession scene was handled nicely albeit it felt a bit flat coming from Kuroyukihime, otherwise a very good episode. Was half surprised they decided to censor the car crash scene though, not on par with the nice boat scene from School Days though.
Old 2012-04-29, 05:27   Link #1016
Calca
Expressionless

I agree, that her falling in love with him simply because him moving fast playing pretty much virtual racket ball is a bit far fetched.

But when it does happen, I don't agree with the majority of the people here who hate it. If he were say looking like Hiragi Saito from Zero no Tsukaima, a very average character design, no one would question it. But since he is a fat little kid, they can't get passed their own prejudices to accept it.

Hell even I know that this cannot be possible. But I also recognize this is the modern society that most of us have been raised in.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 05:31   Link #1017
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
I agree, that her falling in love with him simply because him moving fast playing pretty much virtual racket ball is a bit far fetched.

But when it does happen, I don't agree with the majority of the people here who hate it. If he were say looking like Hiragi Saito from Zero no Tsukaima, a very average character design, no one would question it. But since he is a fat little kid, they can't get passed their own prejudices to accept it.

Hell even I know that this cannot be possible. But I also recognize this is the modern society that most of us have been raised in.
There is no impossible when it comes to human emotion....
Old 2012-04-29, 07:13   Link #1018
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

This week's episode was.. odd. Odd pacing, odd plot twists and odd love confession. It all happened so fast I barely had time to register.
It's only the fourth episode, but it feels like the final arc.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 07:52   Link #1019
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

About the fat-kid hate... jokes aside, it is not exactly visually appealing to have Cartman@SouthPark alongside oriental bishoujos... plus it's not real life, where one would normally be more empathetic to lack of willpower and genetic deficiencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
This week's episode was.. odd. Odd pacing, odd plot twists and odd love confession. It all happened so fast I barely had time to register.
What plot twist, they spent one and a half episodes throwing the obvious clues, and then another half episode recaping that just in case anyone missed

The confession on the other hand was so forced that made the episode funnier... also the whole romance built-up was compressed into 10 minutes along the recap above, which made things more interesting (in a very bad way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
It's only the fourth episode, but it feels like the final arc.
Welcome to the standard shounen plot structure
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 08:00   Link #1020
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Welcome to the standard shounen plot structure
And welcome to "best friend turns evil" (à la Sasuke Uchiwa) action shounen cliché.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen