AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-05, 20:20   Link #341
carmolita

i just hope they don't kill off any of the main characters...if they do I am afraid the fans will boycott a season 3..
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:24   Link #342
winter45

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
i just hope they don't kill off any of the main characters...if they do I am afraid the fans will boycott a season 3..
But at the other side of the coin, it may bring back the old UC fans that have been very disappointed with the cast in the seed series.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:29   Link #343
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

OVAs are okay for me if Sunrise decides to create any more CE titles in the future. But as a full series timeline, CE is, like UC, pretty dried up.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:32   Link #344
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
But at the other side of the coin, it may bring back the old UC fans that have been very disappointed with the cast in the seed series.
I think the problem lies with the staff listening too much on what the fan thinks. No matter how you look at it, any side may get angry... but all in all, the story loses when fans demand too much... Ask Gohan for example, he's become main character of DBZ two times, but the fans wanted goku to take over instead...
Old 2007-08-06, 08:30   Link #345
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
Sunrise don't have the ball to do it, it they do it they will lose lot of fan that loves Kira and Lacus.
Old 2007-08-06, 08:32   Link #346
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Sunrise don't have the ball to do it, it they do it they will lose lot of fan that loves Kira and Lacus.
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 15:26   Link #347
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well maybe the mini-GS well have a tv series like GS & GSD.

or after GS the movie get ready for GS 3rd season or new GS spinoff series with familar GS characters.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 16:10   Link #348
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I think the problem lies with the staff listening too much on what the fan thinks. No matter how you look at it, any side may get angry... but all in all, the story loses when fans demand too much... Ask Gohan for example, he's become main character of DBZ two times, but the fans wanted goku to take over instead...
Then what we get, folks? Too much fanservice. I agree with ya. And who's the main character of Dragon Ball GT?

Ya know, someone said to me that one of the reasons why GSD sucked is that too much fanservice killed the show.

Hey, Kira is better in Gundam SEED, but in SEED Destiny although he has matured and became Lacus' protector, he became, what they said, jesus. Lacus became a strong character in GSD, but I don't know how she was portrayed like that. She is now a political leader at the end of the series and in the movie as a member of the ZAFT Supreme Council.

Spoiler for Fanfic-wise:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:03   Link #349
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well GS fans are the most EXTREME, REVOLUTIONIST, HARDCORE, CONTRAVERSTAL, ETC anime fans ever!!!

cause the GS fans are one of many things that is a part of GS.

cause without the Gs fans there no GS but with GS fans GS is like ecw of animes!!!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 17:34   Link #350
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well GS fans are the most EXTREME, REVOLUTIONIST, HARDCORE, CONTRAVERSTAL, ETC anime fans ever!!!

cause the GS fans are one of many things that is a part of GS.

cause without the Gs fans there no GS but with GS fans GS is like ecw of animes!!!
*assembles the DenGassher into a gun*

Can't hear ya!
Old 2007-08-06, 18:03   Link #351
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Hey, the Bandai Pres practically inferred that they were going to make the movie into a 21st century version of Char's Counterattack... And if you think that First Gundam fans weren't going gah gah over the ending of that movie, then think again... (rumors has it that at least two female fans lost their lives to their own hands from that movie... Not to mention that First Gundam had dozens of times more die-heart fans that Seed ever will).
Old 2007-08-06, 19:48   Link #352
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Hey, the Bandai Pres practically inferred that they were going to make the movie into a 21st century version of Char's Counterattack... And if you think that First Gundam fans weren't going gah gah over the ending of that movie, then think again... (rumors has it that at least two female fans lost their lives to their own hands from that movie... Not to mention that First Gundam had dozens of times more die-heart fans that Seed ever will).
Wow if that was true and Seed movie ended just CCA there will be a mass suicide in Japan. I do hope that it ends like CCA (Not because I want people dead) it would be redemption for Destiny.
Old 2007-08-06, 23:54   Link #353
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
But then again SEED isn´t aimed at UC-fans, SEED was supposed and made its own fanbase.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 00:40   Link #354
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I don't buy the Jesus Yamato and Virgin Clyne Argument... First of all, Gilbert particularly states that they (Kira and Lacus) may face scrutiny as well. I'd rather see them taking on another obstacle rather than killing them of to the other fanbase's delight.

Lacus does have big weaknesses, namely her relationship with Kira which can become a breaking point for her.

Kira also has a big struggle inside of him. His knowledge that not all people will agree with them will continue to haunt both Lacus and Kira, until they get overwhelmed by their own power.
Old 2007-08-07, 05:42   Link #355
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Lacus does have big weaknesses, namely her relationship with Kira which can become a breaking point for her.

Kira also has a big struggle inside of him. His knowledge that not all people will agree with them will continue to haunt both Lacus and Kira, until they get overwhelmed by their own power.
While I agree with Lacus's weakness, I don't see Kira as having any struggle in him as of the end of Destiny. He's pretty much come into terms with who he is (which was his struggle end of Seed/beginning of Destiny), and seems to be committed to Lacus full-time. They don't seem to care that not everyone agree with them anymore, since nowadays, they "decide, and act upon it." Perhaps the movies will bring them back down to Earth.
Old 2007-08-07, 11:08   Link #356
carmolita

It would be kind of difficult for bandai to continue w/future projects of seed if they killed off the 4 main characters, however if they had to the most expendable would be lacus ...simply because kira and athrun friendship is what seed revolve around and cagalli is not only love interest but family and the glue that holds them together .. Personally I would like for cagalli to get kidnapped criticaly injured or almost killed and needing kira DNA for survival only to find out that she is every bit as good as kira in seed mode due to her brothers DNA.. Because other than stoping wars and calming down kira what purpose does she (lacus) serve? (this is not to say I don't like lacus) ... What can possibly happen in the movie that hasn't been done already?? To make it incredibly interesting and spawn a third season?
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 11:41   Link #357
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

A CCA CE movie? Then who's the char? Athrun? I highly doubt it. Lacus would straighten him out all too fast. Kira? No. He can do no wrong with his goddess there. Lacus? She's the goddess. Shinn? Will get pwnt (again).
Old 2007-08-07, 14:38   Link #358
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Though I have no faith in it the best thing they can do is turn Athrun against Kira and have him be the crazy one...God knows his fragile mind is capable of breaking down and turning him into that...Kira vs. Athrun is the only believable fighting matchup that exists in this universe...It's the only matchup that would still give me goosebumps...Nothing else is believable...If you just insert some random dude that's competing on Kira's level or kicking his a$$, right there, I have lost all suspension of belief...In a nutshell that's the reason GSD destroyed itself as a universe...I think a CCA rehash with Athrun turning coat (yeah that sounds funny when you say it--Athrun a traitor? LMAO) is prolly better than what they are gonna come up with...Having Lacus or Cagali die in some dispute of opinion between Athrun and Kira could be the remedy for the fracture between the two...

Hey...they ripped MSG, they tried to rip Zeta, it's only fitting they end it with a ripped CCA for the trifecta^^...
Old 2007-08-07, 16:40   Link #359
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
I don't buy the Jesus Yamato and Virgin Clyne Argument... First of all, Gilbert particularly states that they (Kira and Lacus) may face scrutiny as well. I'd rather see them taking on another obstacle rather than killing them of to the other fanbase's delight.

Yep. I also thought that Kira and Lacus also have their weaknesses. Even Kira became mature in GSD, I don't sense any character development on him...

The movie to end like CCA? Maybe that's good...
Old 2007-08-07, 17:47   Link #360
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Maybe the movie could be about the reprpduction crisis mentioned in GS.
IIRC Kiras genes means he doesn't have to worry about that, and i don't think they would have told the plants about him being the ultimate coordinator, so just think what the puplics recation would be if they found out that the Clyne faction was keeping this secret from them......
________
HEMP

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:00.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep