AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-01, 23:29   Link #4421
broken270
Defying gravity

Congratulation for Mio winning this year's ISML. I'm surprised that many people favored ARC over Usagi. Yukine had the highest votes, which was very nice to see.
Old 2010-10-01, 23:35   Link #4422
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Congrats to Mio for winning this year. Some monster votes for the final round.
Old 2010-10-01, 23:40   Link #4423
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if they recognized Sailor Moon under her Japanese name and with such a closeup picture?
Old 2010-10-01, 23:50   Link #4424
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I wonder if they recognized Sailor Moon under her Japanese name and with such a closeup picture?
That's a possibility. I had to stop and think for a second when I saw the Pokemon characters under their Japanese names.

I wonder what the age demographics of ISML voters are though. I'd imagine that almost everyone knows who Sailor Moon is, but that it aired before the majority of them started watching a lot of anime. The fraction of voters who have been watching anime for more than 10 years probably isn't all that high.

Although the sample size is pretty small, it's interesting to note that at least in this poll
http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/f...php?f=8&t=1297
Arc was the least well known out of the exhibition characters.
Old 2010-10-01, 23:55   Link #4425
imbehindyou
turn around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
I thought that almost everyone would know who Kasumi or Hikari is (even if you don't know their names, you have pictures), but surprisingly it was Kasumi vs Hikari match that had the most number of abstains.

I agree about Sailor Moon part, though. I thought many people would know her, even if the last Sailor Moon Series is well over 10 years old now. Just because Arcueid had better picture >-( D: )->

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2010-10-01, 23:56   Link #4426
Scrya
"Also a Lolicon"

Send a message via MSN to Scrya
lol @ Miyazawa Yukine having the highest amount of votes in ISML history.

Though that could only be because of her opponent.
Old 2010-10-02, 00:21   Link #4427
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

I'm late for the results >_<

Grats to those who voted for Mio , that was really wow! too many votes.

and to those who voted for Mikoto *including me* we did our best but moe moe kyun is too powerful for us
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Old 2010-10-02, 00:23   Link #4428
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Aside from Shinku losing, I am extremely happy with these results since Mio, Yukine, Fumino, Mato, and Yukari all won , and Sanae beating Chigusa is acceptable.

Also Congratulation Mio to winning the Tiara, well deserved .
MAL
Old 2010-10-02, 00:42   Link #4429
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

12,361 votes for the grand final is sensational. Hopefully numbers like that flow on to next year.

Mikoto's persistence is somewhat due to other factions backing her, but ultimately that is stemming from Ruby 7 and Diamond 7. The Shana faction showed their hand too early and gave other factions the time needed to forumlate a counterattack. I'll never understand why the felt the need to make a play in the regular season when DE is all that really matters when you're light years ahead of nearly every single competitor. And for the record, I still think Mikoto's numbers are mainly from her own popularity. I think the numbers that got her over the line were from anti-voting. If it was purely on popularity, Shana would probably win. But hey, it's never just on that in ISML, is it?

I will remember ISML 2010 for three reasons:

1. Mio gets revenge for the assassinations in J-Saimoe in 2009.
2. Mikoto had a great run against the odds.
3. Shana screwed Shana.

Congratulations to Mio for being a worthy winner and to Mikoto for defying her critics.

And to finish, a literal and visual epilogue now that all has been done..

Mio: *blush* Wow...really...I don't know what to say...
Azusa: Well done, Mio-senpai! You were fantastic!
Mio: Thanks, but it's not like I did much. This tiara is really nice, though. I'll have to treat this carefully.
Azusa: I can't give you a tiara, but I can give you this...

Spoiler:

Mio: Azusa...it's embarassing.
Azusa: I just wanted to congratulate you. And say goodbye...
Mio: Azusa, it's not like we can't catch up outside of school.
Azusa: *blush* Nyaa...
Mio: I need to catch up with Yui, I'll catch you later.

Spoiler:

Mikoto: This has been rather weird...but it's nice to be liked, I guess. *smirk* And this Ruby necklace is pretty nice...*giggles* And to think I got one before Shana did.
Touma: Well, aren't you just glowing today.
Mikoto: *scowl* You...
Touma: Relax, I'm here to congratulate you.
Mikoto: Right...If you try anything funny...
Touma: Look, I can't give you a tiara. But I can give you something to go with that neckalce.
Mikoto: *gasp* Are you insane?! That must have cost a fortune! And do you know what you're implying with this? It's not like I-
Touma: Consider it a mark of your performance this year. And for overcoming Shana.
Mikoto: *blush* Alright...but this doesn't mean I like you...

Spoiler:

Touma: For something else, turn around.
Mikoto: You're definitely up to something funny, aren't- *gasp* No way! You actually got it!

Spoiler:

Touma: Well, my job here is done. Enjoy your success, Mikoto. And don't worry, I made sure Kuroko isn't even in the same state for all of today. Later!
Mikoto: Hmmm....he's not so bad when he isn't a jerk...not that I like him or anything...Speaking of which, I'd better not let Kuroko see any of this or I'm screwed...

Mio: So, yeah...that's what happened.
Fate: It's a bit weird, but don't worry. People show their adoration in different ways. Nanoha can be somewhat clingy sometimes.
Hinagiku: Well, to business. We're here because you're the 3rd person to win the tiara. And you know what that means.
Mio: I get a hug?
Hinagiku: *facepalm* Is she for real...
Fate: *giggles* No...you get exclusive access to ISML Tea Time. It may not be what you're used to in Houkago Tea Time, but it's pretty nice.
Hinagiku: More varieties of tea than you can possibly remember. And enough types of cake to make you think you're on cloud nine.
Mio: *blush* That's pretty nice...but wouldn't that make my friends mad?
Fate: Not if you bring them some after the fact.
Mio: *smiles* Sure, why not.
Hinagiku: *snap* Got it! Nice timing, Fate!
Fate: Ooh, show me it! Wow, it looks great!
Mio: Hey, you didn't even give me warning about taking a photo!
Fate: But we wanted you to look natural. You get really tense when you get fair warning for things like that.
Mio: It's embarassing, though...I bet I look awful.
Hinagiku: Okay, if I add some blue there, a bit of pink there, then this text...Oh, I like this!
Fate: It's tradition for a custom poster of the winner to reside in ISML Tea Time. And I must say, yours is very nice. Take a look.
Mio: That's...me? *smile* Well...I guess I can accept this one.

Spoiler:

Hinagiku: Well, now that's out of the way, let's chill.
Fate: Care to join us?
Mio: Well, I am curious. *blushes* Do they have music?
Fate: Plenty.
Mio: Do they have...Jeff Beck?
Hinagiku: They do know. Including live rarities. *wink*
Mio: *gasp* How...
Fate: She isn't a school president for nothing, you know.
Mio: *stars in her eyes*
Fate: Should I walk behind in case Mio falls over?
Hinagiku: Yeah, I worry about her a bit. I might ask that the premium china be kept aside today.
Mio: By the why, how is Shana? She seemed rather angry last time I saw her.
Hinagiku: Oh boy...
Fate: I'd hate to be Yuji right now...

Yuji: Hey, Shana....Do you honestly think you can eat all that melon bread without getting a stomachache? Don't do this to yourself! Gorging while being angry is one of the worst things you can do!
Shana: Urusai! Honestly, how the hell did I miss out AGAIN?! I'm the longest lasting character! They haven't been around even half the time I have. I'm the pinnacle of an established tsundere seiyuu. These freaking upstarts! 2011 will be my year!
Yuji: If you keep acting like that, your year is never coming in.
Shana:

Spoiler:

Shana: Maybe I should test my new blade out on you.
Yuji: What?! Are you crazy?
Shana: Of course I was kidding. Baka, baka.
Yuji: Well at least she didn't stab or burn me this year...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-10-02 at 01:12.
Old 2010-10-02, 00:45   Link #4430
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Oh that is defiantly a great wrap-up of this contest Last Sinner
Old 2010-10-02, 00:57   Link #4431
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Hah, indeed. Nice write-up of the epilogue there, Last Sinner - though the tongue-in action with Azusa is still a tad too much. :P
Old 2010-10-02, 00:59   Link #4432
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Does that vote total beat out Best Moe's total from 2008?
Old 2010-10-02, 01:20   Link #4433
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

if u count the fakes and multies then yes...otherwise its 2k short
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2010-10-02, 10:52   Link #4434
Sphire

Haven't been here a while, but congrats to Mio. Hell of a turn out with those 12,000+ votes. I wondered if we could reach 10k+ votes, and nice to see we have. Mikoto definitely deserves credit for getting that far. In the end she couldn't beat Mio, but it was still a good run.

Also awesome was seeing Shinku and Suigintou have such a tight fight.

Ah well, it's been a long journey, but it was still fun.
Old 2010-10-02, 13:01   Link #4435
Team Rocket Elite

Amazing job Mio. You made winning the Tiara look easy. Not a single character managed to get all that close to you. 58% on Misaka is just an absolutely insanely good performance. I doubted Mio's ability to win for a long time but I couldn't have been more wrong. Hopefully Mio and the rest of the K-On cast will be able to remain strong (myabe not as strong as they are now) next year as well.

No real change to my character ranking. I'll see if I can post overall stats soon.
Old 2010-10-02, 21:25   Link #4436
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Should we start talking who's gonna be the "Who's Hot" and "Who's Not" in next year's tournament?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-02, 21:35   Link #4437
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Should we start talking who's gonna be the "Who's Hot" and "Who's Not" in next year's tournament?
Wouldn't it be too early to tell. I mean how many new OAVs, seasons, or movies will be announced between now and then? Momentum and popularity could change greatly between now and then.
Old 2010-10-02, 21:44   Link #4438
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Wouldn't it be too early to tell. I mean how many new OAVs, seasons, or movies will be announced between now and then? Momentum and popularity could change greatly between now and then.
Basically, this. Also it's hard to tell after Saki craptastically bombed everywhere outside of Japan last year and this year.

I have to think Angel Beats! will still have a bit of an edge, if anything. I'm not going to speculate much past that.
Old 2010-10-02, 21:48   Link #4439
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Now its time to wait to see who gets the Heavenly Tiara in 2011
Old 2010-10-02, 21:55   Link #4440
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, it will make this thread active anyway.

Oh, and KholdStare and Seishi are working on a newly-started Wiki located here. It's basically a database of all participants and all results from ISML, Best Moe and Anime Saimoe.

We're currently building up character pages and there's a Saimoe Records article to fill up.

If anyone's interested to have a look, please do!

_____

As for my forecast, I think Yui, Yuri and Kanade from Angel Beats! will be strong contenders, along with some of the girls from Amagami SS. I'm not so sure Ryouko Ookami will stand out because of the "kind-of flop" of the anime, but would topple some low-level competition.

However, I do agree with Rajura. Summer 2010 has a handful of series with lots of female characters, and Fall and Winter will add some characters as well, like a new character from Motto To Love-Ru and new characters from Toaru Majutsu no Index II.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2010-10-02 at 22:17.
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting