AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-21, 20:40   Link #281
Devard

Well, it sure took me a while to read all the pages of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
In any case, the title for the last episode (on anidb) is "Things To Protect." To me, it sounds like there are a lot of openings there. Personally, I see a Season 3 coming... Of course, title doesn't mean a lot, but I'll continue to keep my hope up, assuming a J.C.Staff reform will come. (their other anime, Hayate no Gotoku, is pretty good, though. )
Actually, Hayate no Gotoku is by SynergySP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
umm question for people who read the manga has it even gotten this far yet or is it like way ahead and the anime on line with it?
The manga is currently some time after Shana's fight with Margery. I think it's after her first fight (they might be on the second fight now, I don't know). In any case, it's around there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Anyways, is there really evidence that the season will stop at 24 episodes?
The official proof is on episode 23 wherein they state that they will be airing the final episode of the series next week.
Old 2008-03-21, 21:53   Link #282
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Actually, Hayate no Gotoku is by SynergySP.

You're right... Don't know why I thought it was from J.C.Staff in the first place, though.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-22, 11:54   Link #283
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post

You're right... Don't know why I thought it was from J.C.Staff in the first place, though.
Shigofumi is good. I was catching up on old anime, and Mahoraba is good too. Of course my first reaction was "damn, this is good but it's from JC staff", but then again, I can't deny that SnS I was good too. So while all the past good series don't signify that JC Staff will always be good, their current downturn also doesn't mean that future series wouldn't be better.

I'll definitely be looking forward to a third season, and so are most of us here. Let's hope they don't screw up on that.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:13   Link #284
nines
I much prefer the 2d

question is the next epi gonna be the last of the season if so wtf man -.-
Old 2008-03-22, 17:45   Link #285
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
question is the next epi gonna be the last of the season if so wtf man -.-
Episode 24 is the last episode of this season.
Old 2008-03-25, 20:32   Link #286
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I still can't get over how Shana said, "teach me how to make babies". I almost died of laughter. I keep forgetting the Shana is still only a little girl despite her prowess in battle.
Old 2008-03-26, 06:50   Link #287
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I still can't get over how Shana said, "teach me how to make babies". I almost died of laughter. I keep forgetting the Shana is still only a little girl despite her prowess in battle.
That was probably my most anticipated scene ever since this season started, after I have read about the novel spoiler about the scene.

I have forgot about it since a while ago though.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-26, 11:02   Link #288
alvinkhorfire

When Ike confessed to Yoshida that he likes her, Yoshida shows not much emotion (shocked or surpised), as if she already expected the confession from Ike. Why is it so?
Old 2008-03-26, 11:18   Link #289
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
When Ike confessed to Yoshida that he likes her, Yoshida shows not much emotion (shocked or surpised), as if she already expected the confession from Ike. Why is it so?
I think she is more concerned about Yuji's decision at that point of time. She did guess Hayato's intention and had a sleepless night the day before. Though it was not shown what her final decision was during that night, her response on Christmas Eve showed she had already decided on Yuji.
Old 2008-03-28, 13:59   Link #290
alvinkhorfire

Thanks for tips, teelotes. At least, she could some appreciation towards Ike's confession before rejecting it even though she clearly set her mind on Yuji.
Old 2008-03-28, 14:27   Link #291
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Thanks for tips, teelotes. At least, she could some appreciation towards Ike's confession before rejecting it even though she clearly set her mind on Yuji.
I'm curious to find out how Hayato is coming to terms with it. I'm sure this is all pretty much rushed and fuzzy to him. He had only just made the decision at Satou's house, and the chance meeting with Kasumi along the street meant that everything happened due to his pure gut instinct, right-at-the-moment kind of decision.

This is a far cry from the Hayato that we all know, especially since he went through the trouble of the amusement park trip. Being upfront and direct about his feelings was what he really needed, and this time he did it well. He has finally changed, but somehow this change may also signify the departure of him from the story plot.

I have to admit that his part of the story has become difficult to tell, so in the bigger scheme of things, he might never take centrestage again.
Old 2008-03-29, 17:13   Link #292
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I think that she was annoyed by the awful timing of Ike's confession, and hence found it hard to show appreciation to it.

She had already wrote the letter to Yuji with the instructions on it. Backing out now to go with Ike instead would come off as incredibly callous, tacky, and untrustworthy to both Yuji and Shana, I think.

Imagine the following scenario...

She walks towards Ike instead of Yuji.

Yuji walks towards Kazumi's pre-determined location instead of Shana's pre-determined location... and finds nobody there.

The results here could be disastrous.

Again, it would make Kazumi look really, really bad in the eyes of both Yuji and Shana (especially Shana, I think).

If Ike had made his confession just a day or two earlier, I honestly think that Kazumi would have not only shown appreciation for it, but that there would even be an outside chance that she'd reciprocate (i.e. give up on Yuji, and consider Ike an Ok boyfriend to have in place of Yuji).

Her response is all about the timing, I think.
Old 2008-03-31, 07:33   Link #293
alvinkhorfire

I see. But, it is not too much for her to say: " Thank you for your feeling to me, Ike. But, I have my mind set on someone else."
Old 2008-03-31, 16:29   Link #294
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
I see. But, it is not too much for her to say: " Thank you for your feeling to me, Ike. But, I have my mind set on someone else."
I agree that this is what she should have said, yeah. I just wanted to speculate on why she wasn't more warm to Ike, even though she should have been, imo.
Old 2008-04-01, 09:56   Link #295
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Omg. Shana. Pigtails. WIN.

Making babies = More win.

Probably the episode with the best dialogues. XfD
Old 2008-04-02, 16:51   Link #296
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
I think Kazumi didn't know what to say at that moment despite being forewarned a bit the previous day she ran into him.

I think Ike's better off with that Fujita girl.
Old 2009-10-03, 09:47   Link #297
OkamiNoKaze

So many of you were right as too why Yuji's mom was sick. as far as names I like the previously suggested Sanji for a boy, maybe Sango for a girl? Shana's "Teach me how to make babies" was hilarious and all the reactions to it. and oh my gosh Cliff hanger with Hecate coming out of no where, with the worst/best timing ever. I'm not sure who had worse timing her or Pheles.

as far complaints, since I haven't read the books, this is all fine with me. as for as the J.C. Staff discussion, I don't judge an anime work based on the companies involved usually, Ghibli being an exception. I take them on a show by show basis instead
Old 2010-07-04, 14:00   Link #298
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I thought this episode was pretty good, really I have to wonder what all the rage that happened in this thread was about, I mean read it, but I still can't understand why this episode pissed people off so bad .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix View Post
Omg. Shana. Pigtails. WIN.

Making babies = More win.

Probably the episode with the best dialogues. XfD
I agree with hair comment, and other part as I don't think I ever laughed so hard at anything in this series, as Shana asking about making babies, it was utterly hilarious.
MAL
Closed Thread