AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 20:08   Link #21
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Miria was also in the huge TV in the background. Product placement much?

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 18:27   Link #22
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I hope the trailer will be up in youtube *_* The streaming from official site is slow for my pc =_=
Yeah Aniplex streaming is slow...
Trailer is up on youtube :
Old 2009-10-07, 03:01   Link #23
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I admit when I read the title I expected a pretty stupid show, after all who names a series Dhurarara?! Then I checked the homepage and now I begin to like it more and more. Surely hope the glasses girl turns out to be awesome. Anyway I cant help but to get huge Lenalee vibes from the guy with short black hair.

And someone translate the story for me please as it seems I cant find any translation.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 08:19   Link #24
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
yeah aniplex streaming is slow...
hooray!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Now i can watch it over and over again without the slowness *_*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:10   Link #25
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Spoiler for size:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 18:15   Link #26
Crontica

Quote:
Feels like another Eden of the East in the making.
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 21:50   Link #27
silverya

Prologue is up at Baka-Tsuki: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...tle=Durarara!!
silverya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-28, 00:28   Link #28
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Feels like another Eden of the East in the making.
I hope not...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 09:05   Link #29
silverya

For people who want a better idea of what the series is about (spoiler free):

Dulalala!! can be essentially summarised as various organisations clashing against each other in Ikebukuro: the gangster groups, the police, information dealer, companies and people with no particular affiliation to particular groups.

The storytelling is characteristic of Narita: like in Baccano, the scene is set, then the first domino is toppled.

All the trailer footage relates to the beginning half of volume 1, the character introductions.
silverya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 19:06   Link #30
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

I don't really give a crap about the voice cast, but Takahiro Omori (director of Baccano! and Natsume Yuujinchou) makes it a sure-fire show to watch for me. This winter season is shaping up nicely.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 19:48   Link #31
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverya View Post

Dulalala!! can be essentially summarised as various organisations clashing against each other in Ikebukuro: the gangster groups, the police, information dealer, companies and people with no particular affiliation to particular groups.

The storytelling is characteristic of Narita: like in Baccano, the scene is set, then the first domino is toppled.

All the trailer footage relates to the beginning half of volume 1, the character introductions.
Sweet, not only does it have the same staff, but similar storytelling? All the things I love about Baccano! makes this feel like an instant winner.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 20:57   Link #32
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I hope not...
Lol for some reason I thought that post was funny .

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverya View Post

Sounds so much like Baccano! meaning it will be amazing as that. At this point it will be up to how awesome the characters are as that was the element that made Baccano! amazing.
Old 2009-10-30, 21:48   Link #33
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Same person who wrote Baccano?
Instant watch for me

Character designs look nice and sleek.
I'm totally in for this ( and seeing Horo in the trailer was so random. She sticks out like a sore-thumb lol )
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 19:18   Link #34
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Just found out about this and since I liked Baccano quite a bit I'll be sure to watch this.
Random note: In the first Baccano light novel the story is being told to a Japanese tourist in NYC, I have been told that he is the neighbor to one of the characters in this story as well.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 04:33   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I must be the only one here who plans to watch this for the Yasuda Suzuhito character designs, instead of the Baccano background.
Old 2009-11-08, 04:42   Link #36
Kakkou
Tch.

I'm watching this because of the whole darn package.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 04:58   Link #37
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I must be the only one here who plans to watch this for the Yasuda Suzuhito character designs, instead of the Baccano background.
Both actually, though I prefer Enami Katsumi's art. I guess it would be too much like Baccano if he were on board.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2009-11-08 at 14:51.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 08:06   Link #38
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It was Suzuhito's character designs that caught my eye from the beginning because they reminded me so much of Yozakura Quartet. It wasn't until later that I learned of the Baccano connection. But I had already decided to give the series a try by then.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 11:11   Link #39
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Ah, I found a mini-synopsis of the story (light novels anyway).

Quote:
Many unusual people gather here in Ikebukuro, Tokyo--- a youth who yearns for an un-mundane life, a hoodlum, a stalker denpa-girl, a young man who deals in information ‘for fun’, a black-market doctor, a high-schooler obsessed with magic, as well as a ‘headless rider’ riding a bike painted black.
These unusual people begin a series of abnormal stories that never fail to create headaches. But, although their personalities are all twisted— they still talk about love.
Actually it also reminded me a little of The World Ends With You so that's another reason I'm watching it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 13:49   Link #40
Kunagisa

Quote:
I SEE HORO!!!

*ahem*

I originally wrote this up for somewhere else, I'll post it here as well.

Durarara
Air Date: 2010-1-x
http://www.durarara.com

Ikebukuro, Tokyo
Ryuugamine Mikado came to Ryou Gakuen to study at his childhood friend Kida Masaomi’s invitation. Masaomi told Mikado must not antagonize several special people if he were to live in Ikebukuro, especially not delinquents Heiwajima Shizuo nor informant Orihara Izaya. Also, there is a strange, unknown street gang known as “Dollars”. As fate has it, the first day Mikado arrives at Ikebukuro, he saw the urban legend “Headless Rider”. A series of events, with another rival gang “Koukinzoku” surfaces, cause Ikebukuro’s streets to fall into chaos--.

Notes: Original novel title is “The Strange Tales of Headless Rider DuRaRaRa!!” from the creator of Baccano and insert art by the creator of Yozakura Quartet (which the manga was 100% better than the anime), manga serialization is still ongoing. Anime production by Brains Base of various famed series such as Natsume Yujin-Cho, Kuren-ai, Akikan, and of course original Baccano too among many others. Director is also of course from Baccano (who also did Jigoku Shoujo too), same goes to the character designer (who also did Noein). This like many other series in this season has potential to be really good.

PS: Notes section is random facts + my own opinion if you can't tell @__@

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2009-12-23 at 20:47. Reason: clarification
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, light novel adaptation, shounen