Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-14, 03:03   Link #1
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
manga about step sibling romance

hey i am watching devil beside you i thought to my self is the any manga like this

like step brother falling for his step sister non blood relationship included
Old 2011-06-14, 03:53   Link #2
Seitsuki
Onee!

Man up, take the logical step, and move on to wincest.

If you really insist tho, off the top of my head I can think of:

Cherry Juice
Kiss x Sis (....not my cup of tea but it's out there)
Old 2011-06-14, 17:37   Link #3
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Only in an anime forum can we earnestly tell other people the next logical step to everything is wincest. XD

...anyway,

I'm working from the assumption that you don't want no BL in your win-not-quite-cest. I'm a bit amazed how many BL series took on the (step-and-real) brothers thing.

For the boys...

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki: a teasing big sis and a hapless young man. Another character is actually his real big sister, but there's no w...incest between them. Comedy...for the most part. I heard it took an "interesting" turn with the recent chapters for some reason.

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nai n da kara ne!!: ecchi, comedy, kinda weird, got an anime too. The boy's a pervert. The girl's a weirdo and an even worse pervert (lol). A bit of a harem, but only one true stepsister.

Ayu Mayu: Who's his real sister? Who's not? Who's safe to, err, romance? Who cares? Two girls, one boy, textbook shounen ecchi romantic comedy.

Onegai Twins: Just like above, down to the who's-my-real-sister thing and the girly girl + tomboy girl dynamic. Except I like the guy here less for some reason.

Here there be shoujo...

Sugar Family: Step-sibling romance fun. It has a strong and deadpan main female character and a funny "pathetic" big brother. I want her to look disdainfully at my pathetic self too-- wait, what did I just say?

Georgie!: you know those classic old shoujo manga with sparkles and dramatic expressions that other younger mangaka always keep referring to and make fun of? This is one of those. Three young people grow up together, two handsome "brothers" and a pure-hearted slightly tomboyish (80's standards) maiden, an "exotic" setting, and classic shoujo angst/drama so full of classic drama twists you'd think it was 1982 all over again.

Oniichan to Issho: Four big brothers and the youngest baby sister, unrelated (complicated family tree). Pleasant series with a mostly familial tone, but the brothers have varying degrees of "complex" over the family's little princess. Who wouldn't? Oh, and there's a subtle undertone of romantic affection between her and one of the boys.

Crossroad: Shoujo of course. Step-sibling romance. But it has a teacher in there for love triangle. I hated the teacher. I imagine girls like that type. That said, it's a nice, well-paced series otherwise.

Yoru Made Matenai: Look who gained a new step-brother! Shoujo series starring an older sister and a little brat mischievous younger brother who for some reason really wants her.

Spoiler for a series where it's not clear at first they're stepsiblings:

Last edited by Irenicus; 2011-06-14 at 17:50.
Old 2011-06-14, 19:48   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I 2nd Irenicus's suggestions with the expection of the one in the spoiler tag(I didn't really like that one) but still you should have a read yourself to know if you'll like it or not.

Just want to say about Crossroad, it left me liking and disliking it, not sure why.
Only thing I liked at the end was the oldest brother and person he ends up with

But rest are pretty good all around.

I think this would be something for mangaupdates's category search to handle.

And after having a look about I found one little series I read before but forgotten Parallel. Decent title but I guess like I said, forgettable.

Kiken Junai D.N.A. - Nice little shoujo title. Kinda a little twist to the step sibling thing but close enough. Oh and since you seem to be a fan of gender bending/traps, the guy crossdresses
Old 2011-06-15, 07:29   Link #5
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Angel Sanctuary? This manga is quite odd in many ways, but it does have that brother/sister relationship.
Old 2011-06-15, 10:30   Link #6
User68604
Disabled By Request

Kiss X Sis is the best and exactly what you're looking for
Old 2011-06-15, 17:21   Link #7
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Angel Sanctuary? This manga is quite odd in many ways, but it does have that brother/sister relationship.
Welcome to the next logical step. But I don't think the OP is quite ready for that kinda stuff yet :P
Old 2011-06-15, 17:32   Link #8
User68604
Disabled By Request

forgot too:

Akane iro somethingsomething

it's a relatively unknown series starring the tsundere queen, rie kugiyama
Old 2011-06-15, 18:33   Link #9
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Welcome to the next logical step. But I don't think the OP is quite ready for that kinda stuff yet :P
Not sure what you mean. Were they actually blood-related? I tried reading it too long ago.
Old 2011-06-16, 00:19   Link #10
ArrowSmith

Ewww creepy!
Closed Thread