AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-28, 23:56   Link #41
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

wow, an anime final episode that feels complete (even though I'm hoping for a second season)

Kyoani quite literally turned nothing into an artistic display of SOS団 life. I'm now very excited for their adaptation of Melancholy VII!

I was planning on waiting until I understood more than 30% of what was said in the episode but the last few minutes threw all that out the window

10/10 for me

Edit: I forgot to mention the very fitting piano scores and the amazing cityscape at the end of the episode!
Old 2006-05-29, 00:14   Link #42
DannyCat
Currently Observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler for highlights:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 00:43   Link #43
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I see it

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 00:44   Link #44
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

for the novel readers:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 01:10   Link #45
velocity7

Spoiler:

This made the episode for me, hands down. I do agree though that the 3 minutes of radio with Yuki was overkill.
Old 2006-05-29, 01:26   Link #46
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I don't have a problem with that 3 minutes... that was one of the punch lines in the comedy in some ways.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-29, 01:50   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

Oh my goodness ^_^... Haruhi _embarrassed_ in front of Kyon.

Now I can die a happy man *lol*

Sweet!
Old 2006-05-29, 02:39   Link #48
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
Excellent "final" episode. It felt really calm, melancholous, and moving. This episode will have people anticipating season 2! XD

Melancholy IV will ROCK (hopefully)!

Oh ya. Downloading the raw took 6 hours with about 400 people finishing within 10 minutes. That's how bad it was. XD
Please, don't remind me...
Old 2006-05-29, 03:22   Link #49
kron

hoping for a second season. mean while ill enjoy vol 8 of the novel
Old 2006-05-29, 03:30   Link #50
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kron
hoping for a second season. mean while ill enjoy vol 8 of the novel
Please yes hope
I don't want this series finished like Fruit Basket Anime who really Need a Saison 2...
Old 2006-05-29, 03:32   Link #51
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7
This made the episode for me, hands down. I do agree though that the 3 minutes of radio with Yuki was overkill.
It's not overkill when you understand what they are saying on the radio

Spoiler for phrases that I recognized/noticed:

I like the extra coat, it was a nice touch.

Haruhi was obviously looking at Kyon's sleepy face That's so cute of her.
The second coat is probably from Yuki. She left before Haruhi came back (close the book=time to go home), and Haruhi didn't say that the second coat is from Mikuru. She probably thought it's Kyon's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler:
Spoiler for comment:

Spoiler for some more references/hints:

This is like playing treasure hunt ^_^ .

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2006-05-29 at 03:54.
Old 2006-05-29, 04:25   Link #52
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
Note: I think they are all done by VA of the characters
They are, the voices on the radio came from all 5 main VAs + sub-character VAs. (Edit: actually, minus Chihara Minori, I think. Yuki didn't speak AT ALL in this episode, so her name isn't even in the credits)
Sugita Tomokazu's (Kyon) "HGGNNanata ga--- HANNIN desu!" was an easy one.

The follow up ("sugoi wa, ano ko ga detekita dake de suteeji no kuuki ga kawatta-") was also easy for me. It's Gotou Yuuko (Mikuru). You can tell her "normal voice" if you listen to the SOS-dan radio meetings regularly. ^^;

The "CHAHAN SETTO!! TENZAN SETTO!!" was a dead giveaway. It's obviously Ono Daisuke (Koizumi). (Anyone who watched AIR and heard his "RAMEN SETTO!!" as Yukito will recognize this instantly)

I can't figure out who did the Mito Koumon part and the brown bear hot pot manzai part though. ^^; (Notice how it caught Yuki's attention in the end? )

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-29 at 05:10.
Old 2006-05-29, 05:02   Link #53
martino
makes no files now

Huh?! I seem to be left out somehow...

It's episode 9(out of 14), so why is everyone talking of a new series and the end of the world???
Old 2006-05-29, 05:23   Link #54
Moogster

Because episode 9 WAS episode 14. The last episode out of 14 of suzumiya haruhi.
Old 2006-05-29, 05:34   Link #55
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Going to reserve final poll judgement until the sub comes out (the three-minute Yuki reading scene would, indeed, lower the rating considerably if I were feeling uncharitable, but maybe I'll change my mind if the jokes then are unexpectedly hilarious or something). Still, some of the other parts were great.

Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2006-05-29, 08:18   Link #56
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
10/10 best episode so far
Old 2006-05-29, 08:37   Link #57
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogster
Because episode 9 WAS episode 14. The last episode out of 14 of suzumiya haruhi.
omg that just clicked into me...so the episodes are set out but jumbled up into random orders...that means that in the release series this episode is episode 9 but in the storyline plot it is eps 14 which means we dnt get to see any more future events beyond wht we have seen now...hope it clears it up for some who still doesnt understand

oh my gosh wht an ending...it doesnt feel anything like it really hope a 2nd series comes out...and i think there is a big chance of that happening...

onto the story...the pace seems a bit slow and the yuki part was boring as hell (3 mins is definatly too much)...however the sub verson might change my opinion of this eps and make my understand whts going on better...so im going to hold my vote too

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-05-29, 08:54   Link #58
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogster
LOL, I'm sure this statement is going to drive a lot of non-Haruhi-ists nuts.

If you watch them in Kyon's broadcasr order, then it isn't the last episode. But if you watch it in Haruhi's chronological order, then this IS storywise, the last episode for this first series.

It's just like watching Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, but you KNOW that isn't the end of the story, even though Episode III was the sixth and last movie released 28 years after the first movie, Episode IV A New Hope...OK, I think I'll stop before I drive even the non-SW fans nuts as well.
Old 2006-05-29, 09:17   Link #59
Moogster

Quote:
omg that just clicked into me...so the episodes are set out but jumbled up into random orders...that means that in the release series this episode is episode 9 but in the storyline plot it is eps 14 which means we dnt get to see any more future events beyond wht we have seen now...hope it clears it up for some who still doesnt understand
Yep, You got it right..

Quote:
LOL, I'm sure this statement is going to drive a lot of non-Haruhi-ists nuts.

If you watch them in Kyon's broadcasr order, then it isn't the last episode. But if you watch it in Haruhi's chronological order, then this IS storywise, the last episode for this first series.

It's just like watching Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, but you KNOW that isn't the end of the story, even though Episode III was the sixth and last movie released 28 years after the first movie, Episode IV A New Hope...OK, I think I'll stop before I drive even the non-SW fans nuts as well.
I don't understand.. Why would it drive non-Haruhi-ists nuts..?
Old 2006-05-29, 09:59   Link #60
Woland
Latin Rascal

I probably would have loved to see this episode at the end of the (first ) series: Great closure, with a a nice and relaxing atmosphere, and, IMHO, very appropriate.

I didn't like the to much CG background and probably more than 3 minute of Yuki reading book with the radio in background was a bit too much (I'm waiting for the sub for that part), but overall the animation was great in quality and style.

But what a weird feeling... the serie is ended but we still have to reach the main dish (I don't mind it because I see some logic, like how Kyoani is unfolding the personality of Haruhi).
Closed Thread