AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-02-28, 13:47   Link #1
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The Witcher 2 : Assassins of Kings

Yup people , there's no thread for this game huh , so after DA 2 this month , another sequel for a great RPG coming in May !

Summary :

Quote:
The second installment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, features a thoroughly engrossing, mature storyline defining new standards for thought-provoking, non-linear game narration. In addition to an epic story, the game features an original, brutal combat system that uniquely combines tactical elements with dynamic action.

A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in this lively and believable world. A captivating story, dynamic combat system, beautiful graphics, and everything else that made the original Witcher such a great game are now executed in a much more advanced and sophisticated way.
Release Date: May 17, 2011

Gameplay , Pre-Beta :

Great BGM. Awesome graphics...
More weapons , more armors , more tactics/styles , more GERALT !! (& Triss)
Can't wait !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-28, 14:15   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Why is he only using the fast and group styles in this gameplay? Don't tell me they took out the strong style - if you can sustain the chain until Lv5, it does tons of damage. Though I am glad they revised the combat system, but I dislike the fact that you have to rely on APM instead of the usual simple "circle and click at the right time" combat style.

And European swordsplay at its most realistic, instead of deflects and locks with the usual longswords, they are adding the agility styles of attacking joints then fast beheadings. Though I don't like the non-canon of Geralt slinging both his swords on the same side when they should be crossed on his back as mentioned in the game.

As usual, anyone who played The Witcher should know that it is suicide to engage in a three-way combat like the video (it is only for showing off btw). Always let them pick off each other, and kill who's left.

P.S Do we get the Arondight back in-game? The sword should have its own place because of its item description (plus it ACTUALLY has a place in European history).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-01, 07:36   Link #3
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , i think there's still the strong style but they didn't used it on the video.
Yeah , i wonder why they didn't keep the cross swords..

Dunno for the Arondight. Hope so.
Old 2011-05-13, 23:16   Link #4
killer3000ad

Now that's the way to do a trailer.
Old 2011-05-14, 00:02   Link #5
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Haven't bought a new game in months, but I have been looking forward to this for ages.
Old 2011-05-14, 04:18   Link #6
StarTouch
Yandere for win :O

I'm very hyped about the Witcher 2. I loved the first one and hope its sequel does the series proud. =)
Old 2011-05-14, 14:58   Link #7
killer3000ad

How to kill a witcher.
Old 2011-05-14, 16:38   Link #8
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I have my digital edition soon ! Can't wait !
Old 2011-05-15, 03:19   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Caught an early release here :-

You don't see such packaging much nowadays.

Look at all those junks they threw in there.

Any way, game's DRM requires an online verification. I'm not too sure if I want to risk it until Tuesday.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 04:10   Link #10
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Dragon age 2 and all other crappy RPGs out there, make way for the king. The first Witcher was also way better than dragon age 1 IMO.

The Requirements for this game arent too high. Thats a good thing my old Athlon 64 5200 can handle it.

Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 13:16   Link #11
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow i have to wait May 19 for mine !
Well The DRM isn't a big thing , just connect once with the net and that's all.

So far this looks really promising , i still have my save for the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Dragon age 2 and all other crappy RPGs out there, make way for the king. The first Witcher was also way better than dragon age 1 IMO.

The Requirements for this game arent too high. Thats a good thing my old Athlon 64 5200 can handle it.
what crappy RPGs ? I can understand for DA2 but if you talk about Drakensang , Divinity 2, Risen , Two World 2 , (Elder Scrolls series)... those aren't crappy RPG sry..

Well , with my new graphic card & other stuff it should be fine on max ^^
Old 2011-05-15, 14:49   Link #12
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

You crazy? Two Worlds IS crappy. The developers even have to bribe reviewers to sell their games!

Witcher is different because of the world it is set in. Mechanics wise it is OK, but the thing about RPGs that intrigue are the storylines. The Tales and Atelier series have horrendous gameplay and mechanics, but the storylines are brilliant, and that is what sells.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-15, 15:04   Link #13
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , dunno for TW universe , i didn't played this game yet , i based on the pro & gamer review who said it's "ok" with a 13-14/20. After i don't know if it's really crappy or whatever..
I think Sugetsu means "RPGs" for the western RPGs.

Anyway , that Triss's playboy is awesome :O
Old 2011-05-15, 17:00   Link #14
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ow i have to wait May 19 for mine !
Well The DRM isn't a big thing , just connect once with the net and that's all.
Game is installed. But as expected, SecureROM is preventing me to start the game up. Even if it's one day in advance.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 19:44   Link #15
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I simply cannot play a game that has bad gameplay. Story is good, but if the game is soul-crushingly obnoxious to play, I'll read the novel adaptation instead.

A lot of old-school PC gamers consider Planescape: Torment to be the best RPG ever made, but I disagree. The story is quite good and the setting is interesting, but the gameplay--especially the combat--is complete and utter ass. Thus, I don't play it.

Dragon Age 2 wasn't crap, but it wasn't the greatest either.
Old 2011-05-15, 21:21   Link #16
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I simply cannot play a game that has bad gameplay. Story is good, but if the game is soul-crushingly obnoxious to play, I'll read the novel adaptation instead.

A lot of old-school PC gamers consider Planescape: Torment to be the best RPG ever made, but I disagree. The story is quite good and the setting is interesting, but the gameplay--especially the combat--is complete and utter ass. Thus, I don't play it.

Dragon Age 2 wasn't crap, but it wasn't the greatest either.
I used to think like the way you do, until I touched Atelier Rorona and Choujigen Game Neptune. They changed my mind.

I think it is either the story or the lolis.

Makube, when is the activation time is GMT+8?

Old 2011-05-15, 21:44   Link #17
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Since I generally despise jRPGs (with a few notable exceptions) on principle, I doubt either of those games would change my mind.
Old 2011-05-16, 00:15   Link #18
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The original Witcher is somewhat easy and simple: point and click at the right time. You are pretty much overpowered if you specced into igni with proper boosts.

The fan made balance patch made the game harder and more strategic: some mobs are almost unkillable if you are not well prepared ahead of time.

Combat in Dragon Age 2 has good ideas, but plagued by bad implementation. End result is that a fight is very bursty: you initial, unload all your cooldowns+cross class combos, then sit there and wait to do it over and over again.

As old as the game is, world of warcraft has one of the best combat systems out there which game developers should use as a reference.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 00:28   Link #19
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

WoW's combat system is excellent because it's a ripoff of Diablo II, which had one of the best combat systems ever for an action RPG. WoW just took the same thing, changed the names of [some] of the abilities and put it in a 3D MMORPG engine.

DA2 is hampered by the vestigial remnants of the Infinity Engine, which DAO was intended to replicate, but DA2 was not.

Personally I'd like to see more RPGs implement more actiony combat systems. Let's get some fighting-game style combos and strikes, and make it all true real-time. The Witcher has the right idea, but not quite there yet.

Conversely, give me more games like Fallout New Vegas. Please.
Old 2011-05-16, 03:59   Link #20
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Guild wars' combat system is way better than wow's because it is more strategic and interactive. I am very confident that Guild wars 2 will set a new standard when it comes to action in the rpg scene.

The witcher's 1 combat system is somewhat lacking, but its storyline, music, pacing, graphics and atmosphere more than make it up for it. Looks like the witcher 2 has learned from its mistakes and will deliver a great combat system.
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote