AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-27, 23:32   Link #1281
LaoED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I have a question about To Aru Majutsu no Index, did To Aru Majutsu no Index follow the manga or the light novel? and if it did, then how accurate was it? did it miss anything or skip parts or important details?
Light Novel, manga is just an adaption, with some arcs cut out. The TAMNI anime was fairly accurate with the light novel you could say.
Old 2009-11-27, 23:40   Link #1282
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoED View Post
Light Novel, manga is just an adaption, with some arcs cut out. The TAMNI anime was fairly accurate with the light novel you could say.
Thats good too hear, because that means that if a season 2 will come out, it will continue where the season 1 left off.
Old 2009-11-28, 09:10   Link #1283
tsunade666

I hope so and I love so. The part where they left it is really the start of index for me.

The part that the first season covered are all introductory stuffs for me.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:47   Link #1284
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I hope so and I love so. The part where they left it is really the start of index for me.

The part that the first season covered are all introductory stuffs for me.
Indeed also, the reason why im so sure there will be a second season, is because not only the popularity rate was really high for the manga and novel, but the anime as well. Also for them too do Railgun right after or few months after To Aru Majutsu no Index finished, was just like they were buying time for more novels and materials for season 2 if it will come out.

Dont get me wrong I do think that Railgun is awesome and the reason why they did that as well was because Railgun was also populer along with To Aru Majutsu no Index, Im just saying that along the way one of the reasons why they decided too do Railgun was most likely because it was populer and it was a perfect thing too use too buy time for more materials for season 2 of To Aru Majutsu no Index.
Old 2009-11-28, 13:21   Link #1285
tsunade666

hmm just get to the point that mikoto is the one that makes index and railgun worth while
Old 2009-11-28, 23:50   Link #1286
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I moved the resulting tangent that got into the specifics of what novel material could/should be covered in future seasons to the Spoiler & Speculation thread. Please feel free to continue that discussion over there.
Old 2009-12-05, 09:22   Link #1287
walt

Sorry I can't read whole thread
tell me please how many chapters of Index Ranobe was translated
Old 2009-12-05, 12:59   Link #1288
Miraluka
Banned

There is about 25 or 26 chapters translated [mod edit: on sites that can't be mentioned because they contain licensed material]

BTW how should be adapted the SS1 & SS2??

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-12-05 at 13:07. Reason: Do not mention sites that contain licensed material
Old 2010-01-03, 18:01   Link #1289
babohtea

Hmm, so any announcements on when the second season might start airing?
Old 2010-01-03, 20:00   Link #1290
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Hmm, so any announcements on when the second season might start airing?
I'd wait until the end of the final episode of Railgun for that, although I suspect we're going to get Shana S3 before Index S2. But they'll probably make the anouncement for Index S2 (assuming they're going to do it, which I believe) at the end of Railgun.
Old 2010-01-05, 14:23   Link #1291
tsunade666

could their be any chance they will do both at the same season? I love both series and watching they the same season would be the best season ever.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:05   Link #1292
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
could their be any chance they will do both at the same season? I love both series and watching they the same season would be the best season ever.
I'd actually love for that to happen as well, but a) JC Staff has a history of announcing their projects well in advance rather than rolling the advertisements out at the last second, and b) if they do both at the same time, one or both are going to suffer from less budget. So much more likely, we get Shana S3 when Railgun ends with an Index S2 announcement.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:12   Link #1293
Miraluka
Banned

Both at the same time.. I fear a lack of animation quality plus I lost about 50% of the interest I had in Shana thanks to the second season.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:23   Link #1294
tsunade666

I think that shana 3rd season will still have a tons of character development and at the episode around 20 or so. Will start the action if they follow the novel.

Unlike Index which does have action in every volume. Shana tends to have romantic and major character development.

I like shana better on that side and I think it will also prove good in index to have some good development. But then again.

INDEX IS ABOUT WHEN SCIENCE AND MAGIC COLLIDES THE EPIC STORY STARTS.

Its about action and fantasy battle them if you ask me. And touma and accelerator are both lolicon that tends to ignore girls.

Though accelerator is a stick to one policy lolicon. Touma is the type that help other girls but still ende up with his loli. And had a greater reaction oh loli

I wish for a better story but it will suffer on the battle side. So I think index is fine the way it is. But I hope biribri will start to have a development for her.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:39   Link #1295
Miraluka
Banned

If I remember when the series started I read a group of users expecting this series to be like Shana with Mikoto as the heroine and Touma as the hitting pear.. oh! ups! I mean the main male character thanks to god(and Kazuma Kamachi) the story wasn't like that.

I got the interest in the series with the irony in the end of the first arc(I save your memories but I lost the mines), later when Touma went crazy over Izzard XD and with the additions of lot of characters that got my interest more and more along the series until now.

Quote:
I wish for a better story but it will suffer on the battle side. So I think index is fine the way it is. But I hope biribri will start to have a development for her.
Isn't Railgun enough? I think since Mikoto diverged from Index to her own story its interesting to see how are going to be the thinks without any mess with the original story... I'm talking about the manga, the anime is original material rape time like somebody said after the anime got announced.
Old 2010-01-05, 19:48   Link #1296
tsunade666

the manga is a good material for mikoto. And she is developing but her alone not as a part of the whole. The bad thing for the railgun is they neglect the magic side and will continue to neglect it. As for the manga of index they did a good job of covering both.

The story is good because it had both of my favorite theme. sci fi and fantasy plus magic. It bores me soetime to see mikoto fire her railgun.

Nice idea for me on the I save your memories but I lost mine. Its like the sacrifice that needed to save her or the exchange for saving her.
Old 2010-01-10, 22:13   Link #1297
Tabasco

It makes sense that magic gets neglected in Railgun, since none of the characters deal with that world.

At the end of the day, the only real point of contact between the opposing sides that we see is Touma, who is a side character there. Honestly I'd worried if magic started randomly showing up.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:24   Link #1298
tsunade666

I wish it wouldn't show up in railgun. I don't know how will mikoto counter that.

The only known esper I know that are directly involved and fighting the magic side is touma and tsuchimikado.

Magic is different than Science to begin with that's why their is this never ending saga of battle between two opposing side.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:29   Link #1299
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
I wish it wouldn't show up in railgun. I don't know how will mikoto counter that.

The only known esper I know that are directly involved and fighting the magic side is touma and tsuchimikado.

Magic is different than Science to begin with that's why their is this never ending saga of battle between two opposing side.
From what I have seen esper powers are developed from the fundamentals of magic applied to science making people with super ability.

Magic is more on ritual (doing something to cast it) but even so magic users can easily be seen as espers to the untrained eye. Mikoto is smart she should be able to find the gaps and pauses in most magic attacks, still theres alot of ground to cover just with stories surrounding her no need to bring in magic any time soon.
Old 2010-01-11, 12:46   Link #1300
Miraluka
Banned

Take this example, against Vent of the Front, she can no longer more than few seconds against her Divine Punishment.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen