Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-10, 22:25   Link #561
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
It could always work like the Zero system and make suggestions and such, without the insanity at least. He must have some control with that keyboard of his.

I think Lelouch is better suited to ranged combat. The Gawain was a good match for several reason including the fact that Lelouch is poor in close combat. Leave that to Toudou, Rolo, and Kallen. Kallen does have that beam attack now though.
Agreed on the keyboard. There must be something special about that keyboard.

Lelouch is a pretty smart guy, I don't think he needs the AI to make suggestions for him but if the AI can make up for his average piloting skills it'll be more than enough. He has analyzed Lancelot's movements before so I'm sure he can do the same and program it into his new KMF.

The Gawain was an excellent fit and it gave him a distinct advantage when there was only one other KMF capable of flight, the Lancelot. With the Mirage he has the advantage under water. The Portman (II) is the only other KMF we have seen thus far capable of underwater operations.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:28   Link #562
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Didn't the Druid Sytem work through a keyboard? That could have something to do with it.

Perhaps he can, but his body needs to keep up with the program as well I would think. Lelouch's problem is that he may make the same mistake on relying on it too much and thinking his advanced tech will always win, like with Cornelia. He may have learned from that though.

How useful is that sub mode though?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:30   Link #563
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Crappy? Are you kidding me? Look at what it could do
Spoiler for episode 10:
As long as Suzaku turns the tables around and own Toudou, then Conquista will remain my fav Knightmare but Tristan is also appealing as well.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:34   Link #564
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Lancelot always beats everything in the end so you don't have to worry much. I'd rather see him lose to be honest.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-10, 22:35   Link #565
blitz1/2

Quote:
Lancelot always beats everything in the end so you don't have to worry much. I'd rather see him lose to be honest.
Sure, make him lose and then make him rise like a phoenix and turn dark.

Does that Chinese Knightmare also have a Hadron/whatever cannon it is called?

Old 2008-06-10, 22:37   Link #566
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Or just have him lose and leave it there without him rising.

I think it's another type of Cannon they developed.

Old 2008-06-10, 22:42   Link #567
v717

Landwalker

Has anybody seen this before

v717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:43   Link #568
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Didn't the Druid Sytem work through a keyboard? That could have something to do with it.

Perhaps he can, but his body needs to keep up with the program as well I would think. Lelouch's problem is that he may make the same mistake on relying on it too much and thinking his advanced tech will always win, like with Cornelia. He may have learned from that though.

How useful is that sub mode though?
Yea, I think the Druid system is more of an analyzer rather than a fighting hax so the keyboard would make sense.

The sub mode should be pretty darn useful seeing how we have a lot of carriers and ships around and the portman (II) is the only thing Britannia has to battle underwater. The BK don't have any thing else to protect the Ikaru right now so the Mirage sub mode will serve as its only guard. (I have to say it's weird for the commander to out to protect the ship though....)
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:47   Link #569
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by v717 View Post
Has anybody seen this before

AT-ST like, whoa.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot I was on an anime board for a moment and that not everyone here has seen Star Wars, let alone knows what an AT-ST is.

http://www.movie-maniacs.co.uk/images/code3%20at-st.jpg

That's a statue, but it's a great representation of it anyway.

Last edited by Esper 28; 2008-06-10 at 22:49. Reason: I forgot that not everyone knows Star Wars...
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 22:50   Link #570
blitz1/2

Quote:
Or just have him lose and leave it there without him rising.

I think it's another type of Cannon they developed.
If Suzaku doesn't rise, then who will be the new pilot that makes Lulu's calculations haywire?

VARIS is semi-automatic right?

EDIT: I can't believe that Sunrise made the Guren MK II aerial type so similar to my Guren Mk III ideas. (but it lacks the second radioactive arm)

Old 2008-06-10, 22:54   Link #571
Cherudim Arche

Wouldn't that mean that Guren loss the very weapon that defines it in combat?
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 23:00   Link #572
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
Wouldn't that mean that Guren loss the very weapon that defines it in combat?
My fanfiction idea for the Guren Mk III is this:

it has 2 slash harkens instead of one.

It could fly (jetpack/whatever it's called)

I also made it have 2 arms. (left arm will be season 1 where it is purely short range and right arm is the current one where it do mid to a bit of far range)

Old 2008-06-10, 23:04   Link #573
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
My fanfiction idea for the Guren Mk III is this:

it has 2 slash harkens instead of one.

It could fly (jetpack/whatever it's called)

I also made it have 2 arms. (left arm will be season 1 where it is purely short range and right arm is the current one where it do mid to a bit of far range)
As long as it doesn't become an overkill unit like Suzaku's unit or worse.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 23:19   Link #574
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Yea, I think the Druid system is more of an analyzer rather than a fighting hax so the keyboard would make sense.

The sub mode should be pretty darn useful seeing how we have a lot of carriers and ships around and the portman (II) is the only thing Britannia has to battle underwater. The BK don't have any thing else to protect the Ikaru right now so the Mirage sub mode will serve as its only guard. (I have to say it's weird for the commander to out to protect the ship though....)
I think we have it confirmed for the mech. Still, it is controlled through that keyboard so it probably does more.

But if that's the only thing underwater, then what is there to attack? Most of Britannia seems to prefer the air now.

Old 2008-06-10, 23:40   Link #575
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I think we have it confirmed for the mech. Still, it is controlled through that keyboard so it probably does more.

But if that's the only thing underwater, then what is there to attack? Most of Britannia seems to prefer the air now.
Most Britannian Knightmare weapons don't work underwater (including Hardon canons). So if the fancy-sounding new cannon Mirage has, can be fired from below the water's surface to strike the flying Knightmares above it, it would be a devastating means of scattering Britannian aerial formation.

(A scene comes to mind in Gundam Seed Destiny, when the upgraded Archangel battleship was able to strike its rival Minerva freely with its railguns under the ocean, while Minerva's mostly beam-weapon based cannons couldn't do anything in retaliation.)
Old 2008-06-10, 23:43   Link #576
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I have considered that, but first I'd need to see the Shinkirou in action to verify it can do that. Something would have to be done to make it less powerful though, like one of the Rounds having an underwater Knightmare.

Old 2008-06-10, 23:45   Link #577
Aquaman OS

If Lelouch uses the submarine mode he'll be invincible underwater just because noone will be able to fight him effectively. Assuming it can move quickly in its alternate mode. Even Suzaku would have trouble if only because Lancelot probably can't swim very fast.

I hope this doesn't turn into GSD where all battles have to be at open sea to accomodate the submarine mecha though. That royally sucked.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 23:47   Link #578
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
If Lelouch uses the submarine mode he'll be invincible underwater just because noone will be able to fight him effectively.

I hope this doesn't turn into GSD where all battles have to be at open sea to accomodate the submarine mecha though. That royally sucked.
It doesn't have to be open-sea all the time. But the ability is important because if BK can control the oceans, Britannia would be unable to safely send reinforcements from Britannia mainland to Area 11.

Think of it like the U-boats.

It wouldn't take long for Lloyd to create a countermeasure though, so I don't expect Lulu's advantage to last the entire show.
Old 2008-06-10, 23:54   Link #579
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'd expect something to counter it soon and I would not be surprised if one of the Rounds has a mech that is good for underwater combat. They need to get screentime somehow.

Old 2008-06-11, 00:15   Link #580
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Speaking of tech.

Is there anything special that the Chinese and Britannian infantry wear?

With britannian we know they have scanners, gas masks, and what not though IMO the chinese troops look cooler.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha