AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-25, 20:44   Link #41
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just saw Kill Bill 2, I'm stil puzled.

I don't get it, how did she survived, she took a shotgun (rock salts?) to the chest? I tought that was kinda fatal. >_<
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 23:22   Link #42
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I just saw Kill Bill 2, I'm stil puzled.

I don't get it, how did she survived, she took a shotgun (rock salts?) to the chest? I tought that was kinda fatal. >_<
Rock salt loads have very low amouts of gunpowder in them, and are made to hit hard and hurt like hell, but not hard enough to kill. If that was the intent than lead shot rounds would work just fine.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 11:11   Link #43
Kracus
Cute Killer

Send a message via AIM to Kracus
Haha, best action movie ever? wow. No. It is good, but ever? no.

I also did not thing it stole alot from anime rather more so older chinese movies and japanese movies. I'm sure there has already been enough said in this thread however.
Kracus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 11:39   Link #44
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Since I dnt have time to watch it... can any1 here tell me the plot of Kill Bill 2...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 21:24   Link #45
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
Since I dnt have time to watch it... can any1 here tell me the plot of Kill Bill 2...
Kill Bill 2:
It's all about Revenge.
Hunting those people who supposedly killed her and her unborn child.
also lots up flashback. And 2 swords made by same master meet

The funniest portion was when she(the bride) was being trained by a Sifu. Its like watching a bad 70s Kung Fu flick.

Kill Bill 1, i heard it was very popular in the states.
But here, it was a flop. Even i can't understand why it was popular.
I guess maybe the crazyness made it so.

Kill Bill 1, the only memorable thing for me is the Green Hornet theme (the cycle rides in the highway) 'cuz' i was a fan of Bruce Lee.

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-06-27 at 10:37.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 23:15   Link #46
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:21.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-26, 23:23   Link #47
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
errr... then wat's the difference of Kill Bill 1 to Kill Bill 2?...
Old 2004-06-26, 23:28   Link #48
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
she kills more bad guys?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 00:00   Link #49
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Quote:
2 had more background info on the Bride, a little more dialogue and a little less fighting action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
Kill Bill 1, i heard it was very popular in the states.
But here, it was a flop. Even i can't understand why it was popular.
I guess maybe the crazyness made it so.
I don't know how it did in Japan overall, but the Japanese people I know liked it. (Admittedly that isn't very many)

Funny side note: As a joke I told one Japanese friend that I didn't remember seeing so many people carrying swords around Tokyo like that. She thought I was serrious and said "I don't think people do carry swords in Tokyo." So then I had to explain that it was a joke.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-27, 00:06   Link #50
Sid_Burn
Banned

Just a question... are there also gangs in Japan that carry samurai swords like those in Kill Bill?...
Old 2004-07-26, 13:01   Link #51
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I heard that Taratino is working on Kill Bill the ANIME! and that it will come out this fall. Is that true?

http://www.cinecon.com/news.php?id=0310075

That would be COOL!
Old 2004-07-26, 13:25   Link #52
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

They were entertaining movies, but nothing memorable to me. I didn't identify with any of the characters and the action scenes were actually kind of bland. I mean, how can you say either of those had the best action scenes if you've seen any of the Matrix movies? I will give the movie props for story-telling method, but then, that is what Tarantino has always been best at. Storytelling is what made Pulp Fiction a great movie.

I thought these movies were WAAAAY over-hyped in the U.S.
Old 2004-07-26, 13:45   Link #53
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I mean, how can you say either of those had the best action scenes if you've seen any of the Matrix movies?
Yes I have watched all of the matrix movies. I even have the anime matrix in my collection. But the problem is that I the matrix movies didn't create that much tension on me, while the Kill Bill movies make laugh and feel exited every time that that crazy woman got into a fight. Besides the action sequences were very well coordinated, much more than in the matrix. In Kill Bill there was no slow motion or bullet-time like in matrix, and let me tell you I HATE that. Well, maybe the only fights in the matrix that I think were match for any of the kill bill action sequences were the car chasing in the highway (Reloaded) and the final encounter of Neo and Agent Smith at the end of revolutions (Yes I loved the DBZ fight )

Regarding Story telling I consider that both of these films excelled on this aspect.

Kill Bill > Matrix
Old 2004-07-26, 14:09   Link #54
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

woaaahs. I'd have to say no way there. The action sequeances in the first Matrix completely dominate Kill Bill. Make it look amateur ... it's the presentation in Kill Bill that makes it an alright movie. Music + chopped up storyline that falls together + somewhat humorous diologue that comes once in a while. The action in Kill Bill was really weak :/ ... The GoGo fight was alright ... the rest was "cmooon get this over with ... christ" for me.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-29, 20:12   Link #55
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

As perfect as Saint Seiya!!1

I just watched the second part of Kill Bill and I must say, it is definitely the best Action/Drama movie I've ever watched.

It doesn't even have a single part that was "alright". I enjoyed every single second of it.

All the scenes were carefully planned. And the character development was just outstanding. I have never seen a movie that can combine as much detail and action at the same time. The footage was just as good as the first one. Every single shoot of it was carefully thought out and each one of it carries its own meaning. Incredible. Tarantino is a genius.

The music was fantastic. I can guarantee that even if you don't like the movie at all you WILL love its music. This movie manages to combine Spanish music, Japanese music and techno perfectly. The ending credits music was so good that I listened to it over and over again. The movie has the best music in an action film as well.

Story wise it was complex and simple at the same time. It was complex because each of its characters has their own way of thinking. All of them are complex in a certain way, and all of them are charming in one way or another. And simple because as Tarantino said in his making of Kill Bill:

"Well it is a revenge story, what else do you need? She is got a list of people and she is going to make them pay… all right? There is not much story... I can come up with some other crap that would be useless... But no I hate that in movies... Lets get rid in the of crap... and just tell a revenge movie..." Then he adds: "In the first one you are learning the mythology and world in which this story takes place. The second one; now you got the world, now you got the set up and the idea of the story, and now you get to know the characters"

David Carriade (BILL) adds in this special that "The essence of a Tarantino movie is not the violence, not the action... is the inside look at the heart and mind of violent people" I personally think that this makes clear what Kill Bill is all about.

-----

My favorite scenes is were:

Spoiler:

Kill Bill is the best action movie ever, and if you don't agree with me YOU ARE WRONG!!11!

Not that I am biased or anything...

This movie MUST get the Oscar!

PS. Kill Bill the anime is going to kick ass when it comes out
Old 2004-10-30, 00:02   Link #56
bunnykun
What is, what is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
Haha, best action movie ever? wow. No. It is good, but ever? no.

I also did not thing it stole alot from anime rather more so older chinese movies and japanese movies. I'm sure there has already been enough said in this thread however.
There is a 1973 female samurai revenge film called
Lady Snowblood , I believe Quentin Taratino based Kill Bill off Lady Snowblood.
bunnykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 00:39   Link #57
method

http://japattack.com/japattack/film/tarantino.html
The above link has an interview with Tarantino where he mentions where most of the references for Kill Bill came from.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-30, 01:23   Link #58
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
http://japattack.com/japattack/film/tarantino.html
The above link has an interview with Tarantino where he mentions where most of the references for Kill Bill came from.
Thanks for the info method.

I got more information about the anime spin off now:

" 'Q: Are you and Quentin still considering a Kill Bill anime spin off?

LB: Yeah. Absolutely. Honestly though, I don’t think Quentin is thinking about anything else right now except finishing this movie. I mean, we’ve got two weeks left to get this entire thing finished, and I don’t know exactly what we are going to do next. As for anime though, we could do something about Vivica A. Fox`s kid, or when BB grows up. It could be a flashback about Bill and Bud’s relationship flashback. There’s a lot of stories that could come out of it, and I think Quentin would love to do that. It just a matter of what he’s going to do next. You can talk to Quentin at different times over the year and he’ll tell you something slightly different each time about where he’s going next. But at the end of the day I just know that there’s no way he’ll actually be able to say what he’s going to do next, even if he tells you himself. I mean he finishes a movie, goes to Cannes with it, then promotes it, then goes home and takes a breath and says, “okay, what girl do I want to date next?' "

I am waiting impatiently...

Oh and by the way, don't you think that this movie has a "perfect ending"?

PS. Can any one here tell me what are the names of the 2 ending songs? The first one was "Malagueña Salerosa", it was really good. Then there is a second one in English, which sounds like soft rock. Right after that song comes the last one which is in Japanese and is quite beautiful.

Thanks.