AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-20, 22:17   Link #181
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Like Kagami in Lucky Star said, the Japanese love their Limited Edition stuff

I wish I could get the poster as well, but I don't even know if I can get one with pre-orders. After all, given the popularity of Haruhi in Japan and the hype built up behind the movie which has been 3 years in the making (Did I just say 3 years?), I expect the movie tie-ins to sell out fast.

Heck, at the end of the official trailer there appears to be some kind of SOS Brigade promotional bookmark/ticket stub/whatever. Anyone has a clue what that is?
That is an advertisement for advance tickets for the movie. The day after the trailer was first released was the first day that fans could buy tickets with special bookmarks (one of the SOS Brigade members) up to 4. They were selling for good money on Yahoo Japan that weekend and are pretty expensive now. If you're interested in the poster, I'll send you a PM with the website for my middlewoman so you could e-mail her. It was 6000 yen (plus the eventual shipping cost from Japan to the US) for everything for me, so it's a little more than ordering from Amazon Japan or CD Japan.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:45   Link #182
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Cool, hit me up. I live in Singapore, so I don't know what's the difference in shipping costs (I'm bad with distances ). Also, when you say everything, do you mean poster, OST, and Sweet Oblivion all together? Or just the OST and the poster?
Old 2010-01-21, 09:19   Link #183
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
So thanks to Lantis, it's highly probable that the Intrigues prologue is NOT in the Vanishment movie. All the scenes that featured Haruhi with the pony tail look to be in a "life flashing before my eyes" moment for Kyon after he gets stabbed as well as the falling through the window scene. I'm still excited to watch the movie even though you get the gist of the story through that video.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:30   Link #184
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
So thanks to Lantis, it's highly probable that the Intrigues prologue is NOT in the Vanishment movie.
I knew it.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:49   Link #185
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
So thanks to Lantis, it's highly probable that the Intrigues prologue is NOT in the Vanishment movie. All the scenes that featured Haruhi with the pony tail look to be in a "life flashing before my eyes" moment for Kyon after he gets stabbed as well as the falling through the window scene. I'm still excited to watch the movie even though you get the gist of the story through that video.
Yeah, that seens to be true. But then, the new reveled duration of 163 minutes will be a little too much

Also, speaking in the new trailer, it seens they are including a few scenes after the hospital scene. Does anyne have any idea of what it might be? Original scenes I guess?
Old 2010-01-21, 10:07   Link #186
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
Yeah, that seens to be true. But then, the new reveled duration of 163 minutes will be a little too much

Also, speaking in the new trailer, it seens they are including a few scenes after the hospital scene. Does anyne have any idea of what it might be? Original scenes I guess?
Actually, I may be wrong about the Intrigues prologue. The Yuki libary scene could be where she meets the returning Kyon and Mikuru. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm clueless as to the Kyon in the hallway with the two girls scene, but that could be filler much like the scene with Kyon and Yuki by the convenience store. I wish I could check, but as you pointed out B-T's translations are down for the count.
Old 2010-01-21, 10:23   Link #187
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Actually, I may be wrong about the Intrigues prologue. The Yuki libary scene could be where she meets the returning Kyon and Mikuru. Thank you for pointing that out. I'm clueless as to the Kyon in the hallway with the two girls scene, but that could be filler much like the scene with Kyon and Yuki by the convenience store. I wish I could check, but as you pointed out B-T's translations are down for the count.
I fortunatelly saved each book in my PC. Mikuru and Kyon went to the past during Inrigue's prologue insite Yuki's house. No library.
Old 2010-01-21, 10:42   Link #188
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I fortunatelly saved each book in my PC. Mikuru and Kyon went to the past during Inrigue's prologue insite Yuki's house. No library.
I was thinking of the instance during the main story of Intrigue and confused that with the prologue.
Old 2010-01-22, 08:18   Link #189
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
In that MAJOR SPOILERS promotional video by Lantis, does anyone recognise that frame where its a white background and what looks a staircase in the middle? Its just before the "she stabs him" part.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-01-22, 09:00   Link #190
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
In that MAJOR SPOILERS promotional video by Lantis, does anyone recognise that frame where its a white background and what looks a staircase in the middle? Its just before the "she stabs him" part.
I think it's one of those train station gates. Feels like it symbolises something.

Question (About that trailer of course), when the finger was pointing at the class's name list, does it show/imply Kyon's real name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solachinx View Post
Links? OwO
Spoiler for You have been warned:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2010-01-22 at 10:32.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:12   Link #191
Solachinx
is a myth

Quote:
I think it's a part of the flashback scene and is meant to be metaphorical (like in E8VIII when Kyon goes on his final acid trip and sees a bakini-clad Haruhi cannonball into a pool of water)
Old 2010-01-22, 11:46   Link #192
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Question (About that trailer of course), when the finger was pointing at the class's name list, does it show/imply Kyon's real name?
Unfortunately, I can say with 100% certainty that Kyon's name is not shown in that part of the trailer.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-01-22, 17:42   Link #193
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Still... I must say, the dramatic music when Achakura Asakura Ryouko appears is amazing.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-01-22, 17:51   Link #194
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Still... I must say, the dramatic music when Achakura Asakura Ryouko appears is amazing.
Surprisingly she looks human and friendly enough when she's around Yuki.

I still don't trust her, though
Old 2010-01-22, 22:22   Link #195
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
She looked way too happy when she stabbed Kyon. At least try to look evil.
Alt!Haruhi reminded me of Kyou Fujibayashi and Yui Hirasawa in some of those...
Old 2010-01-23, 00:21   Link #196
Hao

Okay, seeing Haruhi in the sleeping bag was too much hahaha. Movie's looking good, the trailer seems to be lacking in Koizumi though
Old 2010-01-23, 00:25   Link #197
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao View Post
Okay, seeing Haruhi in the sleeping bag was too much hahaha. Movie's looking good, the trailer seems to be lacking in Koizumi though
Disappearance needed moar Koizumi IMHO
Old 2010-01-23, 05:49   Link #198
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
As usual, Mikuru and him are... minor characters. But I'll agree that Koizumi needs more screen time, he's interesting/mysterious yet gets sidelined by even Mikuru who provides fan-service. At least in this movie he gets to do his trademark complicated-theory-explanation-thingy. That's all he ever does, really.

And smile. A lot.
Old 2010-01-23, 06:16   Link #199
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
And smile. A lot.
I'm not sure, is that why they got Ono to voice him, or is he why most of Ono's characters are perpetually smiling?
Old 2010-01-23, 09:48   Link #200
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Even Kyon notices this. XD

Spoiler for Disappearance novel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I'm not sure, is that why they got Ono to voice him, or is he why most of Ono's characters are perpetually smiling?
I imagine he gets typecasted a lot.
Closed Thread