AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-10, 19:17   Link #161
CWW
Lurker

Is it weird that I recognized Haruka Tomatsu's, Kana Asumi's and Yukari Tamura's voices? I'm such a dork haha.

Good production. Likable characters. Sucker for rom coms. JC Staff is on a roll this season.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 19:58   Link #162
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Ha lolz! Onegai Ticha remake!
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:18   Link #163
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I never seen Onegai Teacher, so I can't find similarities between both shows.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 20:34   Link #164
djmaca
My Girl ↓

They basically have the same premise: Earth boy meets Space girl. In Onegai, Earth boy marries Space girl as early as episode 2 but while Earth boy is a High School student, Space girl is a High School teacher.

Both Space girls in Onegai and Ano Natsu looks alike. Also:

Morino Ichigo(Onegai's Loli chara) = mori – forest / ichigo – strawberry
Yamano Remon(Ano Natsu's loli chara) = yama – mountain / remon – lemon

They even have the same chara design and seiyuu.

Screenwriter Kuroda Yousuke and producer Ogura Mitsutoshi surely played safe when they decide to just make everyone nostalgic by playing the same cards that make them famous.
Old 2012-01-10, 20:35   Link #165
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Suddenly In Space.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and will likely follow this one all the way through, if only to see if Remon continues to do that amusing "u-fufufufufu" laugh. I am also highly entertained that rather than the male best friend being a hopeless clown, Tetsurou seems to have groomed our hero into his wingman, intentionally or not.

A moment of silence please, in anticipation of the soul-crushing, blowout loss that the poor osananajimi is being set up to experience.

Other than that, it's too soon to say much. Looking forward to next week.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:23   Link #166
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
There's something that intrigues me in your post,you seem to oppose "upbeat" and "laid back/sentimental"

While in my mind a show can definatly be all 3 at the time,I find nothing weird about that,there's quite a few shows I consider upbeat that are laid back and can get sentimental.
What happened to me this show is that the atmosphere of it, save the goofy alien stuff which I still don't even know what to make of it because it seems so absurd, didn't exactly put me in the mood for something that felt like Toradora-light mode in romcom. At the same time they threw in some things that felt like a tinge of drama, but I don't even know what to make of it because it consisted of like 5-10% of the total episode.

I don't know if that's exactly what you are talking about though. I can't recall very many shows that tried to combine the atmosphere of something like Ano Hana with the content of something sort of like Toradora.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:52   Link #167
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Reckoner: I think it's simple, you expected to watch a Toradora-clone and got an Onegai Sensei remake

@djmaca: There are way more similarities... I am almost finished with rewatching Onegai and I noticed that they even reused some lines in the first episode
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 21:55   Link #168
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Reckoner: I think it's simple, you expected to watch a Toradora-clone and got an Onegai Sensei remake

@djmaca: There are way more similarities... I am almost finished with rewatching Onegai and I noticed that they even reused some lines in the first episode
So how do we call it? Onegai v2.0? Onegai Rehash?

Man, this show makes me feel old. I watched Onegai when I was still in my sophomore highschool. That was 9 years ago. I'm already a college grad for a year XD.
Old 2012-01-10, 22:05   Link #169
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 01

Whoa finally, after I heard this was related to Onegai Teacher, I couldn't wait for it Onegai Teacher holds a special place in my heart (it was the first english manga I bought. Yeah funny isn't it), of course so does that episode 13 *cough*, but more importantly I've been quite fascinated by the character designer, even going so far as to interest myself in that Blue Blaster game, but what a nostalgic feeling this series brought back to me.

It's like a dream come true, what a younger Mizuho would have looked like. Tomatsu Haruka sure has come a long way since my infatuation with Teruya Eiko And then, there's a twintail! A twintail voiced by a very crafty Nanoha, oh man. I shouldn't mention Yukikaze voices yet another girl with big ears *cough*, this series is definitely my calm, relaxing romcom I definitely want at the top of my can't-wait-till-next-week list, really loving both the way it really has the same atmosphere as Onegai TeacherTwins, and.... my sig *runs*

I swear, I uh.... was drawn to the twintail! Regardless of how flat she is....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-10, 23:17   Link #170
Malkuth
Banned

Reached ep.13 just now By the way, 11-12 are really good even by today's standards, that faceless girl was so creepy... I hope Ano Natsu reaches the standards of the source material

Oh! and mangatron you really lapsed back into being the lolitron, forgoing your milkXfat treatment
Old 2012-01-10, 23:24   Link #171
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

oh thats a first we actually have a playboy character whos a nice guy ^^

Decent first ep 8/10
Old 2012-01-10, 23:59   Link #172
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Oh! and mangatron you really lapsed back into being the lolitron, forgoing your milkXfat treatment
Uh... the heroine isn't loli XD. But I agree on the milkxfat treatment.
Old 2012-01-11, 00:08   Link #173
DorkingtonPugsly

How come people got toradora vibes from this? I certainly didn't feel that, hmm. It reminded me of a feeling a certain feeling certain animes have that I just can't put to words, I can't think right now. Anyways, I enjoyed this 1st episode a whole lot so I'm definitely looking forward for more! And I want more Remon... I'll just hope for a lot more!
Old 2012-01-11, 01:10   Link #174
Malkuth
Banned

^ Toradora was the last popular rom-com from J.C.Saff, so when the studio makes another, a lot of people expect another one... hm actually force these expectations to the new show... I guess
Old 2012-01-11, 01:21   Link #175
djmaca
My Girl ↓

LOLZ ToraDora. You guys need moar old anime XD

And on behalf of a genius blogger, I dubbed thee anime "Onegai Sempai".
Old 2012-01-11, 03:07   Link #176
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
R-really? Let's see here: (free avatars, first come first serve)

Mizuho wins, 6-4! I tell you, this series must have quite the budget, I ran across many instances where these avatars can run as high as 20 frames, so much so I discarded 2 avatars because lowering their total frame count would be a crime I don't want to commit

As such, I will give anyone a veteran cookie who shows their love for this series and uses any of the above avatars, I had so much fun making these, I'm currently battling my master Rias-chan as I had quite the urge to use Mizuho as my new avatar (Yes, I can't help but nickname her Mizuho now. What? I can't call her Ichika )
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:15   Link #177
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Morino Ichigo from Onegai Teacher lookalike taken home with me!!

Mischievously sexy smiles are so cute!!

Gonna go download this series now.....
Old 2012-01-11, 03:30   Link #178
elior

i think it actully a continue of the onegai series since it the same town onegai teacher and onegai twins was
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 03:33   Link #179
djmaca
My Girl ↓

DIBS! WITH THE COMBINED POWER OF MY PIRATE ANCESTORS! THX mangatron!
Old 2012-01-11, 03:42   Link #180
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I don't know if that's exactly what you are talking about though. I can't recall very many shows that tried to combine the atmosphere of something like Ano Hana with the content of something sort of like Toradora.
I'm still having trouble seeing the Ano Hana atmosphere in this,you've mentioned the naration but Toradora had the "dramatic naration" being declared over sentimental guitar music at the begining of episode 1 as well.

As for the alien stuff,maybe it's because I watched aquarion evol and Senki Zesshou Symphogear just before this but it didn't really seem that absurd.

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen