AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 20:27   Link #341
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed (Destiny not so much)
Gundam 00
Gundam Unicorn
8th Team
0083 Stardust Memory

Will always love Wing since its the series that got me all into the Gundam/mecha stuff.
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 04:55   Link #342
LaSean

G Gundam
00 (It got me back into gundam, the movie kinda sucks though =/ )
08th MS Team
0083 Stardust Memory
War In Pocket

I went back and watched Gundam Wing but it didn't age good I don't really care for it like I did when I was younger but it still has a special spot in my heart since it introduced me to gundam and mecha in general. I still like EW.

Never finish MSG since CN cancelled it before it could finish but I liked what I seen then. Wish I wasn't such a animation whore now so I could get back into it =/

Unicorn isn't finished yet but I like it, i'll see how that goes.
Gundam SEED & Destiny ruined gundam for me. I stopped watching gundam until 2010 because of seed, BUT I did like Gundam SEED Stargazer it was pretty good.

Age; I hated Flits chapter but Asem part is decent. Still don't care for the AGE overall though. Hopefully the 3rd part is even better than the second.

I like CCA overall.

Didn't like F91

Haven't watch Z, Double Zeta , X , Victory, or all of Turn A yet.

Looking forward to Origin and G Recko.

Last edited by LaSean; 2012-03-11 at 05:30.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 05:19   Link #343
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

1. Gundam 00
2. Zeta Gundam
3. Gundam SEED (excluding Destiny only liked it for the characters Shinn and Luna. Xp)
4. Gundam AGE (might beat SEED and just maybe Zeta once I see how the rest of the series plays out)
5. War in the Pocket
6. Counterattack of Char or whatever the movie is called

Decided to make a new post and rank the ones I really enjoyed and watched almost halfway or completed. I've been keeping up with 0079 on CR and I'm sorry to say its a complete snorefest everything about it is boring and uninteresting well except for Kai. I just hope The Origin is played out better if not I see myself dropping it early on cause there is no point in me watching something I didn't enjoy the first time around.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 04:02   Link #344
sky black swordman

1 Gundam Wing
2 Gundam 00
3 Gundam Unicorn
4 Gundam Seed
5 Gundam seed Destiny but only because of Kira and Stirke Freedom. I mean come on who doesnt love it when Kira and the strike freedom fight. the fights that have the SF in it are always great.
6 G gundam
Old 2012-05-31, 05:50   Link #345
Zulu Keita

Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

When I first watched Seed, it changed my life entirely, it was also the first Anime show ive ever watched and it ripped me apart...in a good way. I never thought I would see so many relatable characters in one show and also the many deaths broke my heart.... I guess seeing characters for over 35 hours makes you attached to them.

Same thing goes for Destiny, the amount of passion,Love and sorrow just touched me deeply, It might sound silly....that I was so deeply touched by Seed/Destiny...but thats how it was for me.... I havnt stopped loving SEED/Destiny yet and doubt I ever will...

Also, I have never been so sad watching any movie or other series than Seed/Destiny...Cant count the many times I choked up....

WELL, besides those 2 shows, Im also a big fan of 00 SEries.
Zulu Keita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 11:58   Link #346
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Then I'd suggest watching the other series' as well. Personally, I found SEED and SEED Destiny to be pretty weak overall. Some MS designs were cool and the music was good, but plot and character development-wise...ehh...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 15:28   Link #347
FalsePrime

Wing+Endless Waltz - Has my overall favorite Mecha design and one of the only two characters I actually like in Gundam.

Char's Counter Attack - Nu Gundam and overall Mech design is top notch and it has the only other character I actually like.

ZZ - Love the ZZ Gundam and while it has some issues I liked the lighter take and it gave birth to the cool Judau/Kamile team ups that happen every now and then in stuff like DW G. Aslo, when he isn't being a baby over Adults I think Judau is probably the best lead in Gundam.

SEED - Music is probably the best in the franchise, good mech design when you take away the stupid backpacks and I liked Lacus is probably my favorite lead female.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-06-08 at 18:49.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 14:33   Link #348
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

1. Gundam Wing
2. Gundam Seed (Destiny turned into crap.)
3. Gundam 00
4. 08th MS team
5. War in the Pocket
6. G. Gundam
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 05:32   Link #349
CynFinnegan

Wing, definitely.
CynFinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 02:41   Link #350
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

1. Original gundam
2. CCA
3. 08th ms team
4. Zeta
5. Victory
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 15:47   Link #351
Black Lion

ZZ
Sentinel

ZZ is one of the most overall enjoyable of the animated series to me, I love the humor and the quirky characters, and every episode has something interesting going on. You never find an episode where someone just drones on and on in a lengthy monologue. Unlike other Gundam fans, I'm not upset by its lighthearted tone because I have...

Sentinel. IMO the grittiest and most down to earth Gundam story yet, with some of the best designs in the whole franchise backed up by a well-written novel that has thankfully been translated into English in its entirety. This blows 08th MS Team out of the water in terms of military sci fi.

An honorable mention goes to G-Saviour, for also having a more realistic depiction of MS and MS combat, having an ADULT protagonist and some cool mobile suit designs. The game was also a lot of fun.
Old 2012-06-16, 19:29   Link #352
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, it's too bad Sentinal isn't "official" in continuity (it's said that only animated stuff or stuff given total Sunrise approval is considered "official" or canon), but I guess it's both good and bad in that some people consider the ZZ itself to be "overpowered" (pfft, at least that power is balanced by limited reactor power and all), so the S Gundam and especially the Ex-S Gundam would be seen as really broken by those same people since it doesn't even have that to balance it out AND has A.L.I.C.E. on top of that. (Yet I hardly see that many people even consider the Turn A as broken, despite still essentially being THE most powerful Gundam of all so far.)

Just love how some people call the ZZ overpowered (and the bio-sensor can't even be used to justify it as we've already seen its ZOINKS with the Zeta, so it's nothing new), yet are perfectly fine with Wing Gundam Zero, Strike Freedom Gundam + Kira "Jesus" Yamato, or 00-Raiser; all of which have little to no balance to their huge power/plot-armor/etc whatsoever.
Old 2012-06-16, 19:32   Link #353
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Just love how some people call the ZZ overpowered (and the bio-sensor can't even be used to justify it as we've already seen its ZOINKS with the Zeta, so it's nothing new), yet are perfectly fine with Wing Gundam Zero, Strike Freedom Gundam + Kira "Jesus" Yamato, or 00-Raiser; all of which have little to no balance to their huge power/plot-armor/etc whatsoever.
If you have to bring up plot-armor, then you know those AU suits you mentioned aren't really overpowered.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 21:55   Link #354
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Actually, it does to me anyway.

When it's NOT plot-armored, then USUALLY, the main characters will experience pretty consistent difficulty against various opponents and not just a "main" antagonist/enemy of the week-type while allowing them to develop pretty well on a believable basis.

Plot-armor essentially makes it so the main characters and/or their MS are nigh-invincible from the get-go, even against things that SHOULD have by well means killed them (like Heero's self-destruct of Wing Gundam when he was standing right there, then fell 30+ feet while unconscious onto completely rocky ground with no protective clothing or cushioning, yet the only result is being unconscious for 3 months), and even if/when new, more advanced stuff comes out, it's pretty much reduced to grunt status the same episode, unless it's against a main antagonist and/or the series essentially forces otherwise.

I mostly just mean that people point to things like the High Mega Cannon on the ZZ and think it's "too powerful", yet don't think twice on the Wing Gundam Zero's Twin Buster Rifle. The ZZ's High Mega Cannon may be powerful, but at least the ZZ as a whole comes with the drawback of its weapons using A LOT of juice, so using the high Mega Cannon even once can leave it barely operable afterwards while the Wing Gundam Zero with the Twin Buster Rifle not only has no explanation for where gets its power from (at least the Wing Gundam had a 3 charge limit and was still less powerful, and reactor power alone doesn't really cover it), but where it's able to keep all the juice flowing so it can spam it so much without any decrease in efficiency.

It's why I call the Gundam Double X as a "balanced" Wing Gundam Zero in ways.
Old 2012-06-17, 01:25   Link #355
monster

Quote:
Plot-armor essentially makes it so the main characters and/or their MS are nigh-invincible from the get-go, even against things that SHOULD have by well means killed them
That's my point. The fact that you're using plot armor to excuse their achievements means that the writers of those shows have not convinced you on the fact that they are capable of those achievements.

In other words, you're actually convinced that they are "weaker" (for lack of a better term) than what the shows are showing you.

The moment they can do something "powerful" without people pointing to plot armor, that's when you can truly say they are overpowered.

But anyway,

I personally don't have a hard stance on which mobile suit is overpowered and which is not. I just refuse to call something as being overpowered if people are only going to view its ability as something that comes from plot-armor.

So, we may never come to terms on this.
Old 2012-06-17, 07:15   Link #356
Black Lion

I love Sentinel, despite how overpowered it really was for its time. I mean, its main rifle was MORE powerful than ZZ's Hi-Mega Cannon, and had no drain on the reactor (since it had 4 of them)

But about the little mention of Heero falling off his Gundam in Wing... you know there have been people fallen from airplanes and hit the ground face-first and survived, right? I've known men in Afghanistan run over a road bomb and get thrown 20-30ft off their destroyed vehicle and got up without a scratch. Add to the fact that we had already seen Heero survive plunging into the ocean from the atmosphere and somehow swimming out to shore, falling out of a 20 story building and rolling down a cliff with broken bones already ( Sally's medical report stated that he had several iirc) and then resetting his broken leg and hopping right back up. That was just the first two episodes. So he was already established to be highly durable and able to survive pretty much anything due to some kind of special "training"

Yet everyone tries to call bullshit on a measly 20-30ft drop and an explosion? AND he was out for 3 months, which is longer than most anime characters stay DEAD.

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure Heero has suffered more physical injuries during his show than any other Gundam protag ever.

I just think that's funny.
Old 2012-06-17, 10:09   Link #357
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Said explosion should've crushed every bone in his body and liquefied his organs from the force of it. By all rights Heero should have been dead.
Old 2012-06-17, 13:25   Link #358
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Well, with MS/MA with multiple reactors, that usually means that the total power is split among each reactor and not that ALL of them have THAT amount of power. Benefits usually being that each reactor can be made even smaller than one single, big reactor thus freeing up extra space for other equipment.

But, we can't really compare Heero to real life soldiers like that though. Said soldiers are usually wearing SOME forms of protective gear BECAUSE of such possibilities occurring (body armor that is also made to absorb some shocks and such). Heero was wearing absolutely no protective gear whatsoever and then you gotta add in no protective gear against the shockwave or flames of a GIANT explosion (FAR bigger than any IED; more like a M.O.A.B. if not bigger) of which, as said, he was dead center, and we saw with Sandrock's self-destruct that the explosion of self-destructing a MS, or at least a Gundam, is enough to easily vaporize anything, including entire normal MS (a couple Leos went down with it), caught in the blast radius.

As Rising Dragon said, every single bone in his body should've been severely crushed and every single organ would've been liquified from the shockwave alone, so he should've been dead before he even began falling to the ground, much less hitting the ground after.

The only thing really arguably worse than this would be Mwu's survival from SEED into SEED Destiny with nothing more than a scar on his nose, despite being wrapped up like a mummy after being inside a MS when it exploded, which also should've very well killed him in a similar manner. (And, as far as we can tell, there are no super-advanced medical facilities to heal such things.)
Old 2012-06-17, 17:14   Link #359
monster

Quote:
The only thing really arguably worse than this would be Mwu's survival from SEED into SEED Destiny with nothing more than a scar on his nose, despite being wrapped up like a mummy after being inside a MS when it exploded, which also should've very well killed him in a similar manner. (And, as far as we can tell, there are no super-advanced medical facilities to heal such things.)
Well, given they're freely able to make coordinators (and some of the more wackier things in sidestory, like George Glenn's "mind"), I think cosmetic surgery should be pretty advanced assuming Mu was still alive in the first place.

The problem is that he's still alive in the first place, but whatever.
Old 2012-06-17, 17:17   Link #360
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I'd say 00.

I just started Unicorn, and it is pretty good so far.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote