AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 12:20   Link #1761
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

This anime had it's ups and down but I can say that I liked the ending. None of that "They all survive and live happily ever after" that i've seen so many times. We see a victor and we see the consequences of the Red Kings actions, death. I liked the outcome of everything.

I was always rooting for the Blue King, he was awesome :P
Old 2012-12-28, 12:52   Link #1762
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Speculation has it that Green is mighty strong...like I said, having not seen the "interview" in question myself I'm not 100% certain on what they are saying.

Don't think Ichigen is the fox unless he's been pulling a major con all along.

Neither should Silver change hands if its ability is "unchangingness." Seems quite incredulous for Weissmann to be dead
His original body is in the hands of the Gold King... so yeah, probably comes back.

or

He could have just made Kuroh his successor. Weismann finds/studies an ancient tablet and seems to reactivate a system for giving people super powers. There could have been a silver king far in the past. He may not be the first silver king ever. But... he could have always been destined to find it and could have been the reincarnation of the first silver king thousands of years ago on Earth or some alien planet.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:01   Link #1763
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
We never knew the Colorless King's original identity or why he became so obsessed with power.
.... Why do you wish to know this?

In fact, to anyone who complains about the lack of exposition, please explain what you want this exposition to be about, and why.

...Am I the weird one to not come up with any questions throughout the series?

I'm not quite sure what all this colorless king business is even about. The story has established him as the colorless king. Colorless is not black, it's colorless. If it were black, it would've been called black, rather than colorless. Also Kurou is not the black king's clansman, but that of the previous colorless king. The story itself confirmed all these things. Why is there even an argument about it?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:10   Link #1764
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
.... Why do you wish to know this?

In fact, to anyone who complains about the lack of exposition, please explain what you want this exposition to be about, and why.

...Am I the weird one to not come up with any questions throughout the series?

I'm not quite sure what all this colorless king business is even about. The story has established him as the colorless king. Colorless is not black, it's colorless. If it were black, it would've been called black, rather than colorless. Also Kurou is not the black king's clansman, but that of the previous colorless king. The story itself confirmed all these things. Why is there even an argument about it?
White king calls himself silver. Yellow king calls himself Gold. Then, Colorless = black.

Kuroh... the vassal of the previous colorless king uses a black hand attack.

The writers left a lot out of the story, so I could be totally wrong. The series is one big plot hole.

Why did Kuroh keep his powers after he disappeared?
The white fox is the colorless king? How? What is he?

The only way I can see the colorless king being the "transparent" king is if he's just the alternate personality of the Silver King. Weismann was a Nazi/German scientist. He lost his sister in the war. He's extremely powerful. He may have divided his power, in order to keep himself from becoming a tyrant. His other side becomes Ichigen Miwa, a hermit. Ichigen snaps and then turns into the White Fox?

Who was the girl/mannequin with the colorless king when the airship crashed? Was/is Weismann crazy?

I think its more likely that the colorless king is the black king and he snapped. Who was Ichigen Miwa? We need some flashback scenes.

What the hell is a strain? If Neko really a cat? Are strain children of Kings or just random animals/people born with powers? What if Neko is just Weismann's daughter? Yeah, he was a hermit but he still had people work for him. The airship didn't maintain itself and people delivered food (at least some drinks) and stuff to him.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:28   Link #1765
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
White king calls himself silver. Yellow king calls himself Gold. Then, Colorless = black.

The writers left a lot out of the story, so I could be totally wrong. The series is one big plot hole.

Why did Kuroh keep his powers after he disappeared?
The white fox is the colorless king? How? What is he?

The only way I can see the colorless king being the "transparent" king is if he's just the alternate personality of the Silver King. Weismann was a Nazi/German scientist. He lost his sister in the war. He's extremely powerful. He may have divided his power, in order to keep himself from becoming a tyrant. His other side becomes Ichigen Miwa, a hermit. Ichigen snaps and then turns into the White Fox?

Who was the girl/mannequin with the colorless king when the airship crashed? Was/is Weismann crazy?

I think its more likely that the colorless king is the black king and he snapped. Who was Ichigen Miwa? We need some flashback scenes.

What the hell is a strain? If Neko really a cat? Are strain children of Kings or just random animals/people born with powers? What if Neko is just Weismann's daughter? Yeah, he was a hermit but he still had people work for him. The airship didn't maintain itself and people delivered food (at least some drinks) and stuff to him.
neko is indeed a human girl this was clear stated when blue king dispelled her illusions, when she was on the shiro arms in cat form munakata disabled momentarily her power turn her back to her true human form

strains are "special beings who born with a "natural power" without need have a king to give then power this was explained in anime and in manga red memories.

3 thinks still buggin me:

if fox was in the blimp until the blue attack, who was the person who place the bloodied cloth in the closet

again how the old type phone magic appear in the mikoto cell who place on that?

and what happen with the girl/doll who was on the blimp too on the shiro flashback showing fox possession dont show him using her body.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:34   Link #1766
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
According to 2ch, interview said the sequel main protags will be Green and Black
I'd like a source on that because I find it highly... odd. The story as the ending right now is propped on following: the disintegration of Homra and struggles therein, the price on Munakata and SCEPTER4, and Neko & Kuro's journey to find their king (not to mention the Gold King's role and friendship with Weismann). And even the ending credits and *spoiler* (if we can call it that) already lays down more than enough material as groundwork for a whole other season without the need to rather abruptly introduce new characters as the main characters.

I'd be a bit surprised if they toss out our already established characters to go onto completely new ones in a sequel where the former still have unfinished business to take care of. But I suppose only time will tell... it's going to be a while anyway.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:44   Link #1767
mayumi

I don't know about the black king but i do want to know about the green clan and king. on he sword of silver domancles, it looked like red/blue/green were in a triangle format which makes sense cause they are RGB spectrum. The intersection of these 3 colors is white which is where silver's stone was in the domancles sword.

I was surpised not to see the greens especially since Fushimi mentioned it couple of times in episodes before. no doubt their king is probably strong like Suoh and Munakata. He/She is the fifth king in the order of kings. Now will he be the one Munakata will face next season is left to be seen.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 15:05   Link #1768
satomianzaki

wow! neko and kuroh as shiro's followers...cat and dog...
never thought that kuroh can also turn himself as a dog...or was that just an illusion?
anyways, they are both cute...
hope to see them again in the next season...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 15:13   Link #1769
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
neko is indeed a human girl this was clear stated when blue king dispelled her illusions, when she was on the shiro arms in cat form munakata disabled momentarily her power turn her back to her true human form

strains are "special beings who born with a "natural power" without need have a king to give then power this was explained in anime and in manga red memories.

3 thinks still buggin me:

if fox was in the blimp until the blue attack, who was the person who place the bloodied cloth in the closet

again how the old type phone magic appear in the mikoto cell who place on that?

and what happen with the girl/doll who was on the blimp too on the shiro flashback showing fox possession dont show him using her body.

Neko's background... how did she come to believe she's an actual cat? This needs to be addressed since she's a real person.

Those 3 things bug me too.

-The bloody clothes... what the heck? The body Weismann/Neko named Shiro wasn't from around there. He wasn't from the school. It's not like the Fox lived at the school beforehand and he just landed there by coincidence. No one but Kuro knew he was there and Neko had to build a new identity for him. The Fox wasn't even looking for him. The bloody clothes could be his own clothes, though. He did crash through a roof, he could have been cut. His memories could have been jarred.

- lost on the phone magic.

- the blimp corpse/mannequin. Was Weismann crazy before the Fox switched bodies? Did Fox kill Weismann's wife/lover/girlfriend? Did Weismann have a stand-in doll for his sister? What's going on?
Old 2012-12-28, 15:28   Link #1770
Jerseykid

I expected someone new to inherit the kingness, at least for red for sure. I need another episode
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 15:48   Link #1771
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Neko's background... how did she come to believe she's an actual cat? This needs to be addressed since she's a real person.

Those 3 things bug me too.

-The bloody clothes... what the heck? The body Weismann/Neko named Shiro wasn't from around there. He wasn't from the school. It's not like the Fox lived at the school beforehand and he just landed there by coincidence. No one but Kuro knew he was there and Neko had to build a new identity for him. The Fox wasn't even looking for him. The bloody clothes could be his own clothes, though. He did crash through a roof, he could have been cut. His memories could have been jarred.

- lost on the phone magic.

- the blimp corpse/mannequin. Was Weismann crazy before the Fox switched bodies? Did Fox kill Weismann's wife/lover/girlfriend? Did Weismann have a stand-in doll for his sister? What's going on?
i dont know if it mentioned before but anna also a strain, but going back to neko

for what i get on her little past flash back and what was told in the red manga, wild strains(most of the case the animals one(strains can be humans and animals) in manga is showed a horse strain very funny), are sometimes hunted by the blue guys because strains are seen dangerous or troublesome beings to be handled and i believe she being aware of her situation, she wanted live in the cat form to pass like a normal cat, because only kings are strong enought to being almost immune to her powers, and because she is a nudist(on episode 2 she say who like like to be naked), and maybe is more easy pass as a little cat than keep her invisible all the times(maybe the amount of power and concentration needed to pass like a little cat is much less than cloak himself invisble for too much time.

- i few more about her background based on the ed song(who is a few about her life before the anime), she lived a lonely life without friends and need keep runing and moving time from time due to her strain nature, shiro was the first person she can trusth(and ending fall in love for what us get), omg nowww all the talk about neko remind me her bad end NNNNOOOOOOOO gora hand u are devilish ppls bring back her shiro i can't stand with neko lonyless and sadness

Last edited by ellessarr; 2012-12-28 at 16:02.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 16:04   Link #1772
Miraluka
Banned

Its very unlikely the sequel will be foccusing on different characters. Also, its too risky, what if the characters are not as likeable as the previous??? Better play safe.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 17:02   Link #1773
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

I wish you'd stop making stuff up and presenting it as if it were fact.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 20:00   Link #1774
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
I think there's a collection of short stories going to be released which will include the story of "how neko came to be neko" (apparently neko and neko were written two different ways there in the original Japanese), I think it was in the official K tabloid that released back on the 19th.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 20:12   Link #1775
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I wish you'd stop making stuff up and presenting it as if it were fact.
It is sort of fact. The kings are obviously named after colors of the visible light spectrum.

I think the white one is called Silver cause he's white racially and a former Nazi scientist. And the Gold one is obviously yellow but calls himself Gold 'cause he's racially Asian. I think they're named in a way to avoid drama over racism since the anime was aired all over the world.
Old 2012-12-28, 21:24   Link #1776
kuromitsu

Quote:
It is sort of fact. The kings are obviously named after colors of the visible light spectrum.

I think the white one is called Silver cause he's white racially and a former Nazi scientist. And the Gold one is obviously yellow but calls himself Gold 'cause he's racially Asian. I think they're named in a way to avoid drama over racism since the anime was aired all over the world.
......wow. Don't you think this is reaching a bit? Just a tiny little bit? (So Kurou has a black color theme because.....?)

"White" is silver and "yellow" is gold because silver and gold are more cool than plain old white and yellow. It's just that, when you're trying to represent colors with spices it's going to be difficult to find anything to use for silver and gold (or blue, for that matter) so white and yellow will have to suffice.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 21:52   Link #1777
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Neither should Silver change hands if its ability is "unchangingness." Seems quite incredulous for Weissmann to be dead
Shiro's unchanging may not tell the whole truth.
Not really. The story has one paradox. Shiro is not an "ultimate life form"(JoJo reference). Even an ultimate life form is dead. An "ultimate life form" can regenerate if he has a piece of body part left. Shiro can regenerate from wound, but red king basically vaporize Shiro. He doesn't have a flesh or bone for the lifecycle. Only his sword remains.

The paradox is Shiro's quote, "only a king can kill another king". His statement(or thoery) is refuted by former blue king's ending. The current blue king also refutes Shiro's statment. He says Kuro can kill a king with his sword, and Kuro is not a king.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2012-12-28 at 22:15.
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 21:56   Link #1778
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I'd like a source on that because I find it highly... odd. The story as the ending right now is propped on following: the disintegration of Homra and struggles therein, the price on Munakata and SCEPTER4, and Neko & Kuro's journey to find their king (not to mention the Gold King's role and friendship with Weismann). And even the ending credits and *spoiler* (if we can call it that) already lays down more than enough material as groundwork for a whole other season without the need to rather abruptly introduce new characters as the main characters.

I'd be a bit surprised if they toss out our already established characters to go onto completely new ones in a sequel where the former still have unfinished business to take care of. But I suppose only time will tell... it's going to be a while anyway.
I know...would like to see that source myself too. Unless they play from POV of those two Kings, while the main cast is going to be major players but from 3rd person view

Quote:
Not really. The story has one paradox. Shiro is not an "ultimate life form". Even an ultimate life form is dead. An "ultimate life form" can regenerate if he has a piece of body part left. Shiro can regenerate from wound, but red king basically vaporize Shiro. He doesn't have a flesh or bone for the lifecycle. Only his sword remains.

The paradox is Shiro's quote, "only a king can kill another king". His statement(or thoery) is refuted by former blue king's ending. The current blue king also refutes Shiro's statment. He says Kuro can kill a king with his sword, and Kuro is not a king.
True...but how it applies to Silver remains to be seen. Because if Shiro's soul is intact but the body is gone, then you could say Shiro is still Shiro in a sense. Whether he comes back in a physical body or not vs whether he is truly gone or not is a bit...vague.
Old 2012-12-29, 00:32   Link #1779
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
......wow. Don't you think this is reaching a bit? Just a tiny little bit? (So Kurou has a black color theme because.....?)

"White" is silver and "yellow" is gold because silver and gold are more cool than plain old white and yellow. It's just that, when you're trying to represent colors with spices it's going to be difficult to find anything to use for silver and gold (or blue, for that matter) so white and yellow will have to suffice.
Neji's mark is censored in the anime because it reminds people of the swastika.

Why would they avoid "white?"

- Japan and Nazi Germany are portrayed as allies in WW2.
- Weismann is a former Nazi scientist researching paranormal stuff for a Nazi secret society.
- Weismann is ultra pale, super smart, most powerful person in the world... with a WW2 German background.
- he stumbled upon these power trying to create super soldiers for the war.

The producers probably didn't want the heat. "Was Weismann was trying to create the master race?"

EDIT:

I forgot to add.

- The Silver King is named ADOLF!!!
- Adolf Weissmann = Adolf White Man

Last edited by mechalord; 2012-12-29 at 01:08.
Old 2012-12-29, 01:05   Link #1780
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Not really. The story has one paradox. Shiro is not an "ultimate life form"(JoJo reference). Even an ultimate life form is dead. An "ultimate life form" can regenerate if he has a piece of body part left. Shiro can regenerate from wound, but red king basically vaporize Shiro. He doesn't have a flesh or bone for the lifecycle. Only his sword remains.
The key detail is, from the explanation provided in Ep. 12, that he simply cannot cease to exist one way or another (the best word to use is indestructible or true immortal: no aging, cannot be destroyed). When Colorless took over his body, the soul of Weismann was not assimilated or blacked out, but pushed out. His very soul/power denies him the ability to be extinguished or quieted, and Colorless tried to hunt him down and kill him thrice over the fact (first toss him out of the blimp, second by stabbing him, third by trying to erase him again, and, heck, even the forth time he tried to take over the body but was quickly thwarted). So if you blow his body apart, his soul will simply be disembodied but it will never cease to be.

The fact that the soul made Shiro immortal, and that Weismann's original body was also immortal, would lead one to view that the entity known as Weismann is immortal so long as he remains king.

(Also is would just be painfully depressing if next season Neko is looking for a Shiro who truly is gone...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I think the quote is to a degree not completely literal, if you stab a king with a sword he will still die, so all it would take for Kuro's sword to break the *rule* would be if it can bypass the king's sanctuary... which isn't that farfetched as the sword belonged to the former Colorless king and, one could believe, that sword was special at least in some ways. Any sword would work if a king does nothing to stop you or if you get them by surprise but in general only a king has the power to kill a king in open battle ~ hence why Kuro would have been of no use in the final fight.

The ending is pretty well laid out though in that you cannot allow the Colorless king a chance to escape, and you cannot stab/kill Weismann so no matter how magical Kuro's sword is, it wouldn't have been able to kill Weismann. But, if you blow Weismann to little tiny bits, as per what Mikoto did, you can destroy the body chaining down the Colorless king, leaving it with no where to go but to be destroyed since, as we had seen before, Mikoto's flames could devour the little fox when it tried to usurp his body.

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural