AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-01-29, 05:44   Link #1221
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Yeah how could a being born from a concept have a gender after all. If it's true for Ophis, it's the same for Great Red.
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 07:05   Link #1222
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Actually, Great Red may not have a gender but Ophis takes on the gender of her current form at the time. "It" is gender-fluid, not genderless. Shapeshifter, remember?

@kidstandout: Yes, the soul is still human and Devil. But do also keep in mind that the main reason why the soul being part human is still limiting him is because Great Red and Ophis' powers haven't completely awakened yet. That's the main reason. Dragon Deification did strengthen him, though, and getting the new body also made a small improvement by itself, so he isn't crap anymore. Also, Ise's soul can be said to be a hybrid between a human, Devil and Dragon. As it is now. Ise is the Sekiryuutei as well, and it was said that the reason Gasper receives a huge power boost from drinking his blood, even prior to Volume 12, is because it's the blood of the Sekiryuutei. He already had some Dragon essence in him even before Volume 12.

Dragon Slayers worked on him even before Volume 12. They also work on Vali. The damage from them to Ise will be greater post-Volume 12 because his body is that of a dragon now.

Ise was originally crap to begin with because he was just a normal high school boy. His own words in Volume 12. All the training he's been doing since he became a Devil in Volume 1 plus the power-ups is all making him stronger, though.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 07:16   Link #1223
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

It was stated in My First Errand that Ophis has no gender and it can take on whatever appearance it wants.

Quote:
That’s right, this is a human shaped dragon-----can change its appearance at will. Right now it’s a human girl however, for this Dragon God, the concept of a gender is not present is what Sensei told.

Since it doesn't have a gender, Irina was bothered about it.
Old 2018-01-29, 09:23   Link #1224
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, yeah, but she can still take on any gender and form she wants. Does that really make her genderless?

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2018-01-29, 11:03   Link #1225
Lucidrago

Is Ditto not genderless just because it takes the form of the Pokemon it faces?(another Pokemon reference for you Bennia)
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 11:40   Link #1226
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm just saying that Ophis can take on the gender traits of the form she takes. Normally "it" is genderless (in its true form), but if it takes on the form of a man, then it'll really be a man. Right down to the reproductive organs and everything.

Old 2018-01-29, 19:24   Link #1227
Lucidrago

The fact of the matter is that Ophis has no set gender thus making her genderless. Is Bikou gender-fluid in your opinion just because he can transform into Rias?
Old 2018-01-29, 21:22   Link #1228
aw454wtr

Bikou is just a crossdresser, ophis and maybe even GR are genderless, or rather the concept of gender does not apply to them they may have existed before life with sexual reproduction started on Earth
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 06:20   Link #1229
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Basically this. Bikou has a gender and he just crossdresses. Ophis and Great Red don't have a gender but Ophis can shapeshift.

Old 2018-01-30, 07:13   Link #1230
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I bet Great Red can instead of shapeshifting, give the illusion he's another species.
Old 2018-01-30, 09:38   Link #1231
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ophis is probably just black power with the form of a giant snake. Hence it being able to take on any form it wants.

Old 2018-01-30, 12:45   Link #1232
Lucidrago

Actually Issei did question if Bikou used magic to turn into Rias. As they couldn't tell them apart.
Old 2018-01-30, 15:26   Link #1233
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Probably just his powers as a descendent of the First Gen. Sun Wukong. As in, Youkai powers or Touki.