Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-10-28, 03:18   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt - News & Anticipation

Quote:
The Universal Century began with mankind moving its burgeoning population into outer space. The year is UC0079. The cluster of colonies furthest from the Earth, Side 3, proclaim themselves the Principality of Zeon and launch a war of independence against the Earth Federation. Now, it is nearly one year since the war broke out. In the “Thunderbolt sector”, a reef section of space where a large quantity of wreckage from battleships and destroyed space colonies from the war lies, a violent battle plays out as the Earth Federation Forces set their sights on recapturing the Zeon controlled sector.
http://gundam-tb.net/

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 03:32   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I like the manga so far. So count me excited for this upcoming adaptation.

And here's an interview with the mangaka in 2014 to accompany this thread :

Spoiler:
Old 2015-10-28, 04:38   Link #3
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

SPACE THUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist

I'm actually gonna go ahead and guess that this'll be a 3D-CGI series due to how complicated the designs for Gundam Thunderbolt are, unless the dedicate some massive budget and effort into this.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 04:58   Link #4
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i wonder if they keep the part where that poor sob who watched p0rn on his i-pa...... i mean tablet, while on front line duty! before he got his soul whooped from existence by Io the haxx, the last thing he did before getting slain is him jacking-off? not sure that feels good
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 05:38   Link #5
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

All I wish is for this not to suck. I got hyped the second I saw the announcement, please don't ruin it for me...Unicorn production values and an OVA format please!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 05:53   Link #6
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
All I wish is for this not to suck. I got hyped the second I saw the announcement, please don't ruin it for me...Unicorn production values and an OVA format please!
It's highly probable that it\'s gonna be OVA
Old 2015-10-28, 16:19   Link #7
Skye629

Hmmmm OVA or mini series? Definitely not enough content for a full series atm

This is sorta interesting because we got Gundam The Origin going on atm

Unless its the next project in line? That would still be quite a while though
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-28, 21:45   Link #8
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

While this news is interesting, I sorta feel that currently Gundam seems overexposed. With the dropping tv rating, I hope we are not heading towards another Gundam X
Old 2015-10-29, 00:51   Link #9
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
While this news is interesting, I sorta feel that currently Gundam seems overexposed. With the dropping tv rating, I hope we are not heading towards another Gundam X
Gundam... overexposed?

Gundam is a multi-million dollar franchise that is to Japan as Star Wars is to America. "Overexposure" has never been one of its problems, more like part and parcel of the entire thing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-10-29, 03:07   Link #10
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

As Lowe and I were talking about on SB, all hail the rereleases of Thunderbolt kits - existing HGs, new HGs, and MGs.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-29, 04:18   Link #11
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
As Lowe and I were talking about on SB, all hail the rereleases of Thunderbolt kits - existing HGs, new HGs, and MGs.
Atlas Gundam!! we need him now!!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-10-29, 10:17   Link #12
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Gundam... overexposed?

Gundam is a multi-million dollar franchise that is to Japan as Star Wars is to America. "Overexposure" has never been one of its problems, more like part and parcel of the entire thing.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't overexposure and subsequently Gundam fatigue pretty much put the franchise in hibernation until SEED came along? It's a worrisome trend considering the past few main series (AGE and G-Reco) have not been very successful and IBO's tv rating is less than stellar.

Maybe that's why Bandai/Sunrise is doing another UC series (OYW no less) since the time period has built in fanbase and guaranteed kit sales.
Old 2015-10-29, 12:56   Link #13
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't overexposure and subsequently Gundam fatigue pretty much put the franchise in hibernation until SEED came along?
While I don't know the reason as to why there was a two year wait between Turn-A Gundam (1999 - 2000) and Gundam SEED (2002 - 2003), I doubt said gap had anything to do with "overexposure" or "Gundam fatigue". Besides, said 2 year wait isn't even particularly long - Gundam SEED Destiny (2004 - 2005) also had a similar gap before Gundam 00 (2007 - 2008), and yet I don't hear anybody calling that period "putting the franchise in hibernation".

Old 2015-10-29, 13:33   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
While I don't know the reason as to why there was a two year wait between Turn-A Gundam (1999 - 2000) and Gundam SEED (2002 - 2003), I doubt said gap had anything to do with "overexposure" or "Gundam fatigue". Besides, said 2 year wait isn't even particularly long - Gundam SEED Destiny (2004 - 2005) also had a similar gap before Gundam 00 (2007 - 2008), and yet I don't hear anybody calling that period "putting the franchise in hibernation".
Oh yeah, thanks for the correction. Miss out Turn A
Old 2015-10-30, 06:21   Link #15
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

so who else think Thunderbolt's adaptation was somehow either hinted or foreshadowed in Build Fighters Try's ep 4 when one of Fumina's choices for the base unit of her about to be Winning Gundam was Thunderbolt's GM? though her GM Powered Cardigan seems Thunderbolt inspired with those sub arms holding the shields & extra bits attached.
Old 2015-10-30, 07:53   Link #16
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot's Blade View Post
so who else think Thunderbolt's adaptation was somehow either hinted or foreshadowed in Build Fighters Try's ep 4 when one of Fumina's choices for the base unit of her about to be Winning Gundam was Thunderbolt's GM? though her GM Powered Cardigan seems Thunderbolt inspired with those sub arms holding the shields & extra bits attached.
I think that's stretching it. Though yeah, Cardigan's sub-arms look like the ones in Thunderbolt.
Old 2015-10-30, 08:03   Link #17
dmaxzero

The manga is terrific. And for once adults as main characters in Gundam.
Cant wait.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-30, 17:27   Link #18
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
The manga is terrific. And for once adults as main characters in Gundam.
Cant wait.
Technically we have had quite a few adult leads in the last few years compared to before
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-30, 22:33   Link #19
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I haven't check the manga but the premise seems cool. Though OYW and Zeon conflict can get tiresome at some point. I wouldn't mind for them to focus on later UC.

Quote:
I think before Seed Gundam was losing its popularity. X didn't do so hot, though I believe bad time slots was one of the cause, and Turn A didn't do well. Seed did raised the popularity of Gundam again. So while Gundam wasn't dying, it was losing bit of steam.
Old 2015-10-31, 06:01   Link #20
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So apparently we're getting a trailer after the theatrical showing of Gundam the Origin II: Artesia's Sorrow in Japan, which is starting today: