AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-09-04, 05:59   Link #641
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Prelude subbed by 2 groups now. 2 trailers subbed total. It's getting closer to forum time!

So when do we get moved out of the Genera Anime section?
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 07:51   Link #642
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Probably when the show actually starts airing? I don't think any anime before it was an exception. ^^;

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 09:52   Link #643
Zappster

If I'm not mistaken, Binbou Shimai Monogatari was moved to the Fansubs section when the promo for it was subbed.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 11:17   Link #644
-Nyu-
Yozora

Did somebody of you already got the Prelude DVD? My was shipped 10 days ago and is still on it's way.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 13:00   Link #645
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
If I'm not mistaken, Binbou Shimai Monogatari was moved to the Fansubs section when the promo for it was subbed.
Sounds good. Moving thread now. Please keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times and don't leave your seat while the thread is moving.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:20   Link #646
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok, whats going on... I'm pretty sure that was Rin's voice playing the male lead again.

its a conspiracy!
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:56   Link #647
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
ok, whats going on... I'm pretty sure that was Rin's voice playing the male lead again.

its a conspiracy!
Sugita Tomokazu, indeed it is, though a lot of people have been identifying him as Kyon from Suzumiya Haruhi.

He's just about the only voice which HAS changed between the Toei and KyoAni releases (Kisaichi Atsushi voiced the Toei version of Aizawa Yuuichi). Everyone else is the same.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 17:53   Link #648
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Kanon Promo pack from Comiket

It's kind of funny that it's Rin/Kyon voicing Yuuichi this time. I'm sure a lot of people are already thinking, "Hey, it's Kyon!"

I wouldn't be surprised if there is at least one Haruhi if not more references in the new Kanon series. Someone mentioned to me, "Maybe the Haruhi manga will be one of the mangas that Makoto will be reading". I could see that happen as a reference.

I did get the Kanon Prelude DVD about 3-4 days after it shipped from CDJapan using EMS. Other people I talked to said it didn't take more than a week max to get it.

By the way, one of my guys was over in Japan when Comiket was going on, and I had heard about one of the promotional packs for the new Kanon series that was being sold at one of the booths. 5000 yen for it. Basically, $50 for me for the pack plus to cover the shipping costs as well when my friend brought it back to the US. Here's what was in it:

Kanon gift bag
Kanon Special CD, Series Design sketchbook, and T-shirt
Ayu T-Shirt (front)
Ayu T-shirt (back)

That was totally worth $50 with good stuff in it and that T-shirt design of Ayu is just absolutely adorable.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 18:05   Link #649
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, 50 bucks + shipping? I guess Otaku related stuff isn't that much more cheaper in Japan than this side of the Pacific. Not that I wouldn't mind paying that much for all the goodies, especially for the T-shirt when I go to cons. ^^;

Old 2006-09-04, 18:10   Link #650
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is the CD a drama CD or a music soundtrack?
Old 2006-09-04, 20:37   Link #651
Eric the Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
I still don't get the obsession with seeing an animated girls panties. I hope that this title stays above that level. It was above that level in the first run.
I have to agree with you here Orion. If I'm going to see panties, I'd prefer them to be real.

Anyway, the preview looks ok, but from the talk on this thread, it sounds as though this is a must-see. I loved the Air anime and if this is being done by the same people, that makes it even more worth getting.

I do have two questions. First, is it worth my time to download and watch the original? It's started, but I suspect it'll take a while due to size and age...

Second, what is the connection between this and Air? As I said, I loved Air and went so far as to make my own custom DVD's out of them.

Eric the Grey

Last edited by Eric the Grey; 2006-09-04 at 20:40. Reason: Subscribing to thread
Eric the Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 20:50   Link #652
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If I were you, Eric, I'd wait for this version. Toei's version is quite more episodic in the middle, where one might lose interest in that part if the 'girl of the week' didn't catch your attention, as the case was for me. With this years Kanon being twice as long as the previous version, it would be better if everything was new to you just so all the info is a surprise.

And connection between this and Air? Absolutely positively nothing. If anything, it's the exact opposite, since this is set in winter and Air was set in summer. Same good ol' mix of comedic, heart warming, and tearjerking scenes though.

Old 2006-09-04, 20:59   Link #653
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
Wow, 50 bucks + shipping? I guess Otaku related stuff isn't that much more cheaper in Japan than this side of the Pacific. Not that I wouldn't mind paying that much for all the goodies, especially for the T-shirt when I go to cons. ^^;
I just noticed that I wrote that previous post wrong. Actually, my friend basically said it was around $42 US equivalent, and so we just said $50 even total which includes the shipping.

I went through the special CD and the 1st track is like a short little skit. I don't completely understand it, but it sounds like it's all of the girls hanging out together at Nayuki's house. This is labelled as a Special Navigation CD.

I did have a chance to flip through the designs/illustration sketches, and the backgrounds they'll be using are what I kind of imagined when it comes to the layout in the game of say Nayuki's house, the school, etc. The only thing I didn't seem to find was the shopping district, but I did see the food store that was in the Prelude promo, though I might have overlooked something.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 21:08   Link #654
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Did it mention which shots were based on a real location, if any?
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:16   Link #655
-Nyu-
Yozora

Dunno, I know that i.e. the school from Air is based on a real location.
To refer to Wikipedia:
"The seaside town featured in Air is actually a city in Japan called Kami. Located in Hyogo Prefecture, Air was set in the Kasumi district of Kami; during the course of the series' creation, Kasumi was an individual town that has since merged with two others to form the city of Kami. Many of the locales in Air, such as the seawall, the train station, the shrine, and the school are real places."
So maybe Kanon has real places as well. Next year is my trip to Japan, guess where I'm going first
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:19   Link #656
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It looks so...new I can't wait for the first ep. to come out. This is not going to be just a remake is it? Will they add more eps. to it?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:32   Link #657
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well, its going to follow the main game story but it will be all new scenes and most likely very different from the first TV show. the newer version should look more adult-ish in designs compared to the more chibi drawings previously.
Old 2006-09-05, 08:30   Link #658
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Did it mention which shots were based on a real location, if any?
From various locations in Osaka, Yokohama and Tokyo:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~uso9000/.../moriguchi.htm
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~uso9000/travel/yokohama.htm
http://birds-song-air.whitesnow.jp/kanon-tabi-top.htm
http://www.cuhkacs.org/~yanlee/blog/read.php?28
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 08:34   Link #659
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
gimme gimme gimme *shakes chair to pieces*
well i resisted not to watch the original so i hope it would make a good first impact ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 08:34   Link #660
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastar831
By the way, one of my guys was over in Japan when Comiket was going on, and I had heard about one of the promotional packs for the new Kanon series that was being sold at one of the booths. 5000 yen for it. Basically, $50 for me for the pack plus to cover the shipping costs as well when my friend brought it back to the US. Here's what was in it
And some of my friends were in there too and never told me about >.<
And 50$ is cheap for something as great as Kanon

Last edited by Rengemaru; 2006-09-05 at 09:38.
Rengemaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen