AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-01, 00:09   Link #141
ickem
シェリルの為に!

WTF! I've had my novels since they were released and haven't read them. Got side tracked by Bakemonogatari, Bungaku Shoujo and life! Now I guess my new year resolution will be to actually read them.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 06:41   Link #142
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
WTF! I've had my novels since they were released and haven't read them. Got side tracked by Bakemonogatari, Bungaku Shoujo and life! Now I guess my new year resolution will be to actually read them.
Gogo, we need more details.
Old 2010-01-05, 10:56   Link #143
raeryne

hi i'm new here...i watched macross F last sunday and well, what can i say?i guess registering here just for the light novels say a lot...

if someone has finally translated it...please,please,please!let me know....

thanks a lot
raeryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 21:42   Link #144
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
To paraphrase, the novels exist to provide additional information and weightier material to the canon storyline, or at least touch on more scenes that were absent in the anime adaptation, if memory serves me right. There has been quite a few who were interested in the novels and is looking to get them translated because of this factor alone, but that was a year ago, and there hasn't been any news of the novels ever since then, at least until now.

Unless there are other novels in existence, then this collection should be the one I'm referring to. (And if someone would like to correct me in this aspect, please do. )

It looks like Tak called it after all. It seems he's got some gloating sessions to look forward to considering how no one took his enraged pleas about Alto and Sheryl's smexy time seriously after the episode had aired.

With that said, I-I don't think I've managed to recover yet from the sheer fangirliness of that vol 4 scene. It's certainly a treat and I think I just fell a little in love with them all over again. The aftermath and how they just couldn't keep up the subtle mood without breaking into a catfight, it's just so them and it's exactly how I've figured it to play out if they ever did the deed. That was hilarious and adorable.

~cheesie in the wilderness
A belated reply, but you'll have to forgive me as I've been avoiding all things Macross. I was in agreement with Tak about them having sex in that ep. I even mentioned how the camera pans up!

Looking back through the thread I see people who are skeptical of whether AlaAlba was making stuff up, well I skipped to the good part in volume 3 and checked. He wasn't lying. Sheryl heard a lullaby as they embraced and the scene shifted to Ranka and Banana. When the episode first aired I posited that Ranka heard Sheryl and Alto doing their thing, but I turned out to be wrong! It seems that she was serenading them!

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。

Last edited by ickem; 2010-01-05 at 22:11.
Old 2010-01-05, 23:30   Link #145
AlaAlba

oh, at last there's someone who read these good novels too

and now what's left to read for me is the infinity short story, look forward to it
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 02:38   Link #146
cyberdemon

not asking for a full translation of the novels but if just that part can be translated i am sure everyone will be happy
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 04:32   Link #147
magnuskn

Quote:
A belated reply, but you'll have to forgive me as I've been avoiding all things Macross. I was in agreement with Tak about them having sex in that ep. I even mentioned how the camera pans up!

Looking back through the thread I see people who are skeptical of whether AlaAlba was making stuff up, well I skipped to the good part in volume 3 and checked. He wasn't lying. Sheryl heard a lullaby as they embraced and the scene shifted to Ranka and Banana. When the episode first aired I posited that Ranka heard Sheryl and Alto doing their thing, but I turned out to be wrong! It seems that she was serenading them!

So Ranka *knew* that Sheryl and Alto were making love?
Old 2010-01-06, 05:48   Link #148
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

So Ranka *knew* that Sheryl and Alto were making love?
See, that's the thing; every time he ends a comment with a ! you never know if it's really true or if Ickem is just being Ickem. (The man tried to troll me with shoujo Rideback summaries!)
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 07:21   Link #149
raeryne

so Sheryl and Alto did it???I'd rather they didn't...I thought their love(?) was innocent (not that it made it look like it wasn't, but still...)...

by the way, can I ask something that concerns Alto and Ranka?It was an episode in the anime,though...it's been bugging me...

Thanks!
Old 2010-01-06, 07:37   Link #150
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeryne View Post
so Sheryl and Alto did it???I'd rather they didn't...I thought their love(?) was innocent (not that it made it look like it wasn't, but still...)...
I think Sheryl and Altos relationship was anything *but* innocent... that's normally what the AxR crowd claim for their ship.

Quote:
by the way, can I ask something that concerns Alto and Ranka?It was an episode in the anime,though...it's been bugging me...

Thanks!
Sure, fire away.
Old 2010-01-06, 09:58   Link #151
raeryne

I'm not really someone who remembers episode titles(except that of MF episode 5)...but there was an episode wherein Alto's bday was supposed to come up and both Ranka and Sheryl wanted to give him presents...
1)he chose to go for Sheryl's...isn't it just because the keyword was..."endless sky"?
2)what's your opinion of the scene where Sheryl is in bed trying to get ready and perform but Alto says she needs to rest...Sheryl says..."But...the sky...present for you..."(if I remember clearly)
[fastforward] Ranka showed up...sang and saved the day...
3)Alto sure seemed thankful for this
4)during the trip back to Frontier(Alto and Ranka) Alto whispers "Sky.."looks at Ranka, smiles, Ranka notices, Alto blushes and looks away...
5)there was also a scene where he tells her "It's the best bday present ever"

please tell me your opinion of the following... thanks
Old 2010-01-06, 11:30   Link #152
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I still don't quite understand what you wanted to know, actually... you want us to give an opinion on whether or not Alto preferred Ranka over Sheryl, is that it?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:02   Link #153
magnuskn

Quote:
I'm not really someone who remembers episode titles(except that of MF episode 5)...but there was an episode wherein Alto's bday was supposed to come up and both Ranka and Sheryl wanted to give him presents...
1)he chose to go for Sheryl's...isn't it just because the keyword was..."endless sky"?
2)what's your opinion of the scene where Sheryl is in bed trying to get ready and perform but Alto says she needs to rest...Sheryl says..."But...the sky...present for you..."(if I remember clearly)
[fastforward] Ranka showed up...sang and saved the day...
3)Alto sure seemed thankful for this
4)during the trip back to Frontier(Alto and Ranka) Alto whispers "Sky.."looks at Ranka, smiles, Ranka notices, Alto blushes and looks away...
5)there was also a scene where he tells her "It's the best bday present ever"

please tell me your opinion of the following... thanks
Yeah, as Beto said, it's not really a question you are positing, but rather how those scenes as a whole should be interpreted ( and you are phrasing them as to make Ranka seem more sympathetic, IMO ).

As to that, in my opinion he did go with Sheryl because she chose a present which was about him, rather than about her ( as Ranka did ).

And for the later scenes on Gallia IV, I think it is pretty clear that he would have stayed with Sheryl, if not for Michael actively pushing him to take Ranka back to Frontier.
Old 2010-01-06, 12:10   Link #154
darkplataform

@raeryne:
maybe this is off-topic, but since u are looking for a better understanding of the series, here u can read an excellent analysis of the girls that might help you (is not a shipper analysis, just a serious one)

http://dramatis.wordpress.com/2008/1...ueen/#more-258
darkplataform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 12:11   Link #155
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
See, that's the thing; every time he ends a comment with a ! you never know if it's really true or if Ickem is just being Ickem. (The man tried to troll me with shoujo Rideback summaries!)
I do not appreciate having my good name slandered! I provided you with a product free of charge and this is the thanks I get... Although I guess it would actually be libel since this is a message board, but either way I don't like your lies. The summaries I gave you were factual, though I did take some artistic license with the presentation to sate your perverted mind.

Anyway, Ranka didn't know what was happening of course. I'm not sure the little snowflake wouldn't have melted away from the shock had she known. Oh my, did my hatred just leak out again? I guess it still burns strong.

「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
Old 2010-01-06, 13:11   Link #156
magnuskn

Quote:
Anyway, Ranka didn't know what was happening of course. I'm not sure the little snowflake wouldn't have melted away from the shock had she known. Oh my, did my hatred just leak out again? I guess it still burns strong.
Well, it wouldn't have meshed well with some of the later happenings, anyway.

BTW, could you elaborate a bit on the part in book four of the "music plane" where Sheryl, Alto and Ranka meet? I am still a bit iffy on them gaining a "perfect understanding" of each other, i.e. do they gain access to each other memories or their personalities or do you interpret the scene completely differently?
Old 2010-01-06, 15:54   Link #157
raeryne

sorry if my earlier post was vague...yes, I wanted your opinion on whether he preferred Ranka then...because it looked to me like at that moment (during the "Sky..." whisper moment of Alto and Ranka, that Alto actually thought Ranka was the sky for him...

by the way,I like Sheryl a lot more than Ranka for reasons you have all voiced out already...I just can't help but think like this for that particular episode...

thanks for everyone who answered my post...
Old 2010-01-06, 15:59   Link #158
raeryne

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkplataform View Post
@raeryne:
maybe this is off-topic, but since u are looking for a better understanding of the series, here u can read an excellent analysis of the girls that might help you (is not a shipper analysis, just a serious one)

http://dramatis.wordpress.com/2008/1...ueen/#more-258
Thanks a lot for this...I think it's good...every word of it...
Old 2010-01-06, 18:24   Link #159
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem
I do not appreciate having my good name slandered! I provided you with a product free of charge and this is the thanks I get... Although I guess it would actually be libel since this is a message board, but either way I don't like your lies. The summaries I gave you were factual, though I did take some artistic license with the presentation to sate your perverted mind.]
At ease, friend, it was nothing more than a poke to tell you that you are missed since the time you were spirited away by the Senjougahara movement. Oh, lies? When you've used that tactic to troll poor, depraved Natsu up and down and delighted in her anguished cries, I suppose you'd want to keep your sadistic Kefka tendencies under wraps, so I'll oblige as it can be quite amusing to watch from the sidelines.

Yes, I've been endorsed with the soul of a perverted, 40 year old man, and I'm quite smug about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raeryne
The novels were very firm with this scene, though it was considerably more watered down in the TV series. Thinking about it back then, I believe debates about the possibility of a lovemaking session were pretty rampant in the Japanese boards, so people have already mused about the implications, though understandably, the English speaking fanbase arrived to a more innocent conclusion.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 19:20   Link #160
magnuskn

Quote:
The novels were very firm with this scene, though it was considerably more watered down in the TV series. Thinking about it back then, I believe debates about the possibility of a lovemaking session were pretty rampant in the Japanese boards, so people have already mused about the implications, though understandably, the English speaking fanbase arrived to a more innocent conclusion.
Only for the first two days, then all hell broke loose here, too. I remember those discussions well.