AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-19, 21:58   Link #41
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Nah, seems to be just a nickname.

Although that speaks volumes about Vergo.
Everyone else called him "waka" (young master) in respect, except obviously for the pissed off maid.
Vergo calls him by a nick name.

Vergo just may be Doffy's right-hand man, or a first mate.

Smokey's gonna have a hell of a ride tackling this bad boy.
I noticed the "Waka" thing as well, which could suggest Doflamingo to be some in some sort of clan or social importance as well.

I personally think there's even more story behind Doflamingo's background, and his "Joker" alias is just the beginning...
Old 2012-09-19, 23:21   Link #42
orangejuicetang

Random thing I just noticed:

It looks like Baby 5 (maid pirate swordswoman) has the ability to turn her hands into different weapons.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-09-20, 03:33   Link #43
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Doflamingo sending his henchmen to deal with Law and Luffy really reminds me of Croc sending Mr 2 to deal with Mr 3's failures.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:39   Link #44
marvelB

^Yeah, this whole scenario mirrors the Crocodile conflict in a lot of ways. That's why I also believe that the final battle against Dofla won't take place for a few more arcs (we'll most likely have a few smaller adventures in between, especially if the Wano country lies in the path between PH and Dresrosa).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder how far away Doflamingo is. Sending reeinforcements seems to be a bit useless, considering that Luffy and Law will most likely be gone from Punk Hazard in a few hours.
Depends on the kind of transportation Dofla's men have, I think. Remember, even Blackbeard has a guy in his crew who can fly (Lafitte). So maybe Dofla has people who can fly, as well (or at least some sort of super-speedy motorboat or something).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I'm a bit more interested in the quirky miniboss squad Doflamingo had with him. His crew from before he became a Shichibukai, or just associates he picked up along the way as a Warlord and information broker?

It's probably all of the above. The guy's been built up as to having a HUGE network of connections (for instance, let's not forget that Vergo's been working undercover for him for FIFTEEN YEARS). So for all we know, Vergo and most of the dudes hanging out with him at Dresrosa are his senior officers, while guys like Law and Bellamy count as the more fresh blood.....
Old 2012-09-20, 18:27   Link #45
AdventSleeper

An enjoyable chapter..

Curious to know more about Momonosuke (tragedy?). And Oda is still leaving us hanging with Law's plan..

Oh, and Nami shows us her new ability.. "Lightning no Jutsu"
Old 2012-09-21, 11:52   Link #46
marvelB

So yeah, I asked Aohige about it and he confirmed it:

OP WILL BE ON BREAK NEXT WEEK, SO DON'T EXPECT TO SEE A NEW CHAPTER THREAD UNTIL AROUND 10/3. I REPEAT: THERE WILL NOT BE A CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

Looks like we'll just have to spend the next week debating over our silly theories then!
Old 2012-09-21, 11:57   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The final boss will be Blackbeard who is possessed by the combined spirits of Gol D. Roger and Going Merry.
Old 2012-09-21, 13:42   Link #48
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So yeah, I asked Aohige about it and he confirmed it:

OP WILL BE ON BREAK NEXT WEEK, SO DON'T EXPECT TO SEE A NEW CHAPTER THREAD UNTIL AROUND 10/3. I REPEAT: THERE WILL NOT BE A CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

Looks like we'll just have to spend the next week debating over our silly theories then!
And I'll be at this year's state fair in the meantime.
Old 2012-09-22, 06:11   Link #49
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The top hat guy has the coolest design of them all.
Old 2012-09-22, 19:05   Link #50
Undertaker

The biggest question I have right now is can Oda really finish this in 8 years?

He mentioned Summit War to be halfway point, and it have been almost 2 years since then...

But right now there is so many interesting plot going on.

Doflamingo is looking more an more like he's part of the end game with BB.

We have the Tenryubito/Fishmen prophecy line is going on.

Big Mom is first Yonku that is currently going after Luffy.

Then the Marine under Akainu.

That's not even mention the rest of Yonku or Supernovas.
Old 2012-09-22, 19:48   Link #51
james0246

The biggest question I have is: What the hell is Nami's last name? Hopefully, her lack of a name is more important than the fact that she is adopted...
Old 2012-09-22, 20:39   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
The biggest question I have right now is can Oda really finish this in 8 years?
This is exactly what I'm talking about. There's still so much left to be covered in this second half of the story. Oda has to get things moving more quickly while not reducing the quality of his writing. That's going to be the challenge.
Old 2012-09-22, 21:12   Link #53
andy

I don't see the big deal if Oda don't finish in 8 years , remember this is a manga that was suppose to only last for 5 years .
He took about 12 years for the first part and now he taking even more breaks than before OP has another 10 years easy .
I trust Oda not to rush anything and try to finish faster than he should .
Old 2012-09-22, 23:00   Link #54
peinmaximus@

so we agree that in this arc the boss will be doflamingo and in the next chapter we will see the buffalo and baby 5 in punk hazard and we will have one explication about the monosuke and the dragons.
I think that luffy will fight with doflamingo without the help of law and this will be one fight for prepare luffy for the enemy of the next arc:big mom,but I think that luffy vs doflamingo will be one great fight.
Old 2012-09-23, 04:42   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If there's anything we know about Oda is that he never speeds up.
Old 2012-09-23, 10:52   Link #56
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If there's anything we know about Oda is that he never speeds up.
Yes he does, at times. And considering that there's more material to be covered in this "half" of the story, he'll have to speed things up a bit more.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:01   Link #57
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
so we agree that in this arc the boss will be doflamingo and in the next chapter we will see the buffalo and baby 5 in punk hazard and we will have one explication about the monosuke and the dragons.
I think that luffy will fight with doflamingo without the help of law and this will be one fight for prepare luffy for the enemy of the next arc:big mom,but I think that luffy vs doflamingo will be one great fight.
I doubt dofla himself will come to PH. The way I see this guy, he seems like bigger villain than the yonkou, having special partnership with government high-up and all.

Remeber when Moria asked him? He asked "is it Sengoku?" and Doflamingo answered "Nope, try higher". I bet there's only a few ppl that have higher rank than fleet admiral and this guy has connection to them
Old 2012-09-23, 14:24   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Yes he does, at times. And considering that there's more material to be covered in this "half" of the story, he'll have to speed things up a bit more.
Why does he -have to-?
Old 2012-09-23, 15:04   Link #59
marvelB

^Hey, believe it or not, he HAS rushed the story before. In fact, he did it right in the previous storyline since he was anxious to get to the New World as us readers were (I even recall him mentioning in interviews taking place before the timeskip that he wanted to get to the NW already).

But that being said, I don't see much of a reason for him to rush the story now. The current pacing is as fine as it is (and frankly, super-fast pacing is not always a good thing.... I even ranted about that a bit in the Toriko thread recently). As long as I still enjoy it, I don't really care if it takes him another 10 or 20 years to finish the story, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The biggest question I have is: What the hell is Nami's last name? Hopefully, her lack of a name is more important than the fact that she is adopted...

If it's surnames we're talking about, then you should be asking that question about roughly half the crew (last I recall, Usopp, Sanji, or Brooke don't have a last name, either)!
Old 2012-09-23, 15:53   Link #60
james0246

^Oh my god, you're right. I never even thought about Sanji not having a last name, let alone Usopp (though, he is a bastard isn't he?). What's wrong with these people? There parents must have hated them...
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion