AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 17:04   Link #1
videoman190

Shanteae Half-Genie Hero (PS3 360 PS4 Xbone WiiU PC Vita\Vita TV)

Quote:
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, the game will takes cues from Metroid, Zelda and Castlevania, and will feature an all-new art style and story. Like the Metroid-inspired Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse, it will feature an interconnected world.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/04...H4jIasFgiTf.99

In our story, Shantae is roused from a deep sleep, suddenly alert. She plunges into the moonlit forest in search of answers. In nearby Scuttle Town she discovers a mysterious trapdoor, and beyond that, a luminous subterranean cavern. A familiar voice calls out, drawing Shantae to a beautiful fountain. Touching its waters she is immediately spirited away to the fabled Genie Realm. At her feet a magical seal swells as some powerful evil seeks escape. The chamber trembles with a deep, bellowing roar and everything goes white. Shantae sits upright, back in her bed. Was it just a dream? Or a vision of things to come?

As the player it's your job to find the source of this new evil power and banish it once and for all. The story is doled out in CHAPTERS, with each chapter introducing new subplots, friends & foes, a new Transformation to discover, puzzles to solve, hazards to overcome, and a Boss to conquer. Revisiting past chapters with newly acquired abilities will unlock the next set of paths, powers & plot-lines.
The latest series by Wayforward and will be on all Console platforms including the next-gen ones!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-hero?ref=live

*mod edit

Please read the following guidelines before posting:

- Only the first post may link to a Kickstarter project and may be posted only as a reference.
- Do not make comments to encourage others to support or ignore the project in question.
- If you decide to support the project, do not make posts about that.
- Do not derail the conversation by talking about the fund rasing itself, nor try to "rush" people into it by discussing the deadline of each project.
- Remember that soliciting is not allowed here

Last edited by videoman190; 2013-09-11 at 16:58.
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 10:10   Link #2
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I just started playing Shantae Risky's Revenge and so far I like it a lot. I'm planning on buying Shantae and the Pirate's Curse and I hope Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero comes out sometime down the line so that I can get that too. :3

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 11:16   Link #3
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guidelines included in the first post. Comments that do not follow this will be deleted.
Old 2013-09-05, 11:21   Link #4
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2013-09-05, 15:52   Link #5
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
-image redacted-
An amusing strip; bonus for the (unintentional?) classic LucasArts nod... even if the game in question seems to be more 'cute' than 'fanservice'. On which note, the lady might want to have a talk with Mr. Kojima about his latest idea...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 07:54   Link #6
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Seems pretty cool. And on a related note, the Risky's Revenge Greenlight has gone through.

The song they had in the trailer was pretty catchy to.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 18:50   Link #7
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'm planning on buying Shantae and the Pirate's Curse...
And WayForward has announced the planned release of that title to the 3DS' eShop this winter (GameInformer.com article).
Old 2013-09-08, 17:58   Link #8
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So Warforward listened to complaints that Shantae was too pale.
Old 2013-09-10, 21:37   Link #9
Firefly00

It's multiplying...

WayForward has confirmed that the available platforms will now include Vita and Vita TV.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-09-10 at 22:43. Reason: Only the first post may link to the project page!
Old 2013-09-16, 07:05   Link #10
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Some artwork/assets that got released in a fankit a couple days back.

Old 2013-09-16, 21:47   Link #11
videoman190

videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 16:41   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This looks pretty promising. Plus could always use this kind of game for my Vita.
Old 2013-09-17, 17:46   Link #13
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Apparently the people doing Mighty #9 (the people behind Megaman doing a spiritual sequel to it) are involved in the Shantae projects.

Images

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-09-18 at 14:00.
Old 2013-09-17, 18:19   Link #14
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Apparently the people doing Mighty #9 (the people behind Megaman doing a spiritual sequel to it) are involved in the Shantae projects...
I for one would be amused if they got together and created for each game a standalone 'crossover' segment (not a full 'act'; maybe a level or 2 capped by a boss) - that is, you'd see over in M9, in its native art style, a level and its assets you'd expect in HGH, and vice versa.

Another possibility: have Call's threads show up as one of Shantae's unlockable outfits (and give Beck an alternate based on Bolo...
Old 2013-09-18, 14:01   Link #15
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Guys please read the guidelines on the first post and please stop linking to the project page on KS.
Old 2013-09-20, 21:37   Link #16
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So apparently Shantae Risky's Revenge is going to be free to play for awhile on iOS platforms for awhile. So anyone with a compatible device might want to give it a shot real quick.

Also, they added a new costume to Risky's revenge. Different ingame stats. Something about double health and half magic...

...or maybe I got that backwards.
Old 2013-10-03, 07:25   Link #17
Sidapa

Yes you did have it backwards somewhat. Shantae gets double the magic but receives twice the damage from attacks.
Sidapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 18:39   Link #18
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidapa View Post
Yes you did have it backwards somewhat. Shantae gets double the magic but receives twice the damage from attacks.
Well the outfit makes my statement pretty obviously factious

Also, this is probably old news, but for reasons that cannot be specified this game is definitely going to be made and will be coming out.
Old 2013-10-04, 08:58   Link #19
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm absolutely in love with the theme song. That bass in the beginning is just bangin.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 15:32   Link #20
Sidapa

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm absolutely in love with the theme song. That bass in the beginning is just bangin.
I like the song also since it is being sung by Cristina Vee. She is one of my favorite voice actresses.

In other news, the Kickstarter campaign has ended with a little over 800K. With that much the game is slated to be made. Additionally, it has reached 4 of it's Stretch Goals:
Images

The PayPal is still open for a few months to help fund the rest of the Stretch Goals.

They are:
Images

Of the 4 currently funded Stretch Goals which is the one are you, the reader(s), excited for? For me, it is the Costume Swap. I would like to see how the Officer Wagon or the Ninja costume would play differently than normal default form of Shantae.
Sidapa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multi-platform