Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 14:53   Link #15301
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sometimes it depends on how i feel. I mean usually i'd take my time, and build it over the course of a few days, though there have been times where i started the kit, and didn't stop until i finish. When doing it that way, i guess it was around an hour and a half.
Wow..........that's pretty fast.I can never get that fast no matter how determined I am.
Old 2009-11-01, 15:03   Link #15302
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Alright guys. I just went to my local Hobby Store and saw that they had an MG Unicorn Ver. Ka. Kit, and an MG Infinite Justice kit, both for the same price. This will be my first time to get an MG kit, though I have a ton of HG kits. My question is, which one should I get? They also have an MG Zeta Gundam (some special 20th anniversary Metallic Coating edition) for a little bit less money, but I am more drawn to the designs of the Unicorn and Infinite Justice.
I think the Zeta you're talking about is the 1.0 version that many people say is dreadful, so definitely don't get that. As for Unicorn and IJ,

Unicorn: less poseable, more fragile (especially the horn!), awesome in Destroy form.

IJ: doesn't have the wow factor of Unicorn's transformation system, but has far better articulation and more accessories.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 15:14   Link #15303
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Sorry to say that but to me it is hideaous. A waste of good plastic...
the new Bliz is a waste of good plastic, at least that Gundam is actually new and not just throwing a bunch of kits togather trying to milk :P

Since they never had a 1/100 Gaia, it's the next best thing I guess.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 16:59   Link #15304
Critias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamidum View Post
From Ngee Khiongs blog
Very interesting release...

It's an Astray, OK. Probably from VS, and it looks HG 1/100.
It would look really cool, if it had a more defined "head" in MA/quadruped mode.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 18:29   Link #15305
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
Get Infinite Justice, Unicorn is a more advanced level kit and shouldn't be your first MG. I know a few people to started off by getting Unicorn and just messed it up in some way or an other. So yeah id go with Infinite Justice.
Unicorn was my first MG =P. My first Gundam too.
I'm not fond of the IJ's design.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 18:32   Link #15306
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]

I know that it differs greatly with different people with different kits,and some people paint or line before they build and all that,but I want to know a rough average estimation for the building process alone,if that is anybody here has one.Any input is appreciated.
It takes me around 2-3 hours. I go at a fairly slow pace I guess.
Old 2009-11-01, 20:02   Link #15307
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
It takes me around 2-3 hours. I go at a fairly slow pace I guess.
When compared to me,thats fast.The fastest HG for me was 4 hours,and that was when determined.

I guess I'm the one that's going slow.
Old 2009-11-01, 20:55   Link #15308
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamidum View Post
From Ngee Khiongs blog
Very interesting release...

holy crap! it transformed into a Zoid! (is that you Liger Zero?)
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 23:21   Link #15309
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Get Infinite Justice, Unicorn is a more advanced level kit and shouldn't be your first MG. I know a few people to started off by getting Unicorn and just messed it up in some way or an other. So yeah id go with Infinite Justice.
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I've been a little concerned over how fragile I have heard the Unicorn kit is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
If price is a deciding factor, then get the Unicorn.
Thanks for the suggestion! (as you can see, I cut down your post fo space reasons, haha.) Yeah, both the Unicorn and IJ are $62. I am a pretty frequent customer there, so I also get a small discount. But anyway, yeah price was kind of a factor. Thanks for the info on articulation and such. Definitely will take that into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I think the Zeta you're talking about is the 1.0 version that many people say is dreadful, so definitely don't get that. As for Unicorn and IJ,

Unicorn: less poseable, more fragile (especially the horn!), awesome in Destroy form.

IJ: doesn't have the wow factor of Unicorn's transformation system, but has far better articulation and more accessories.
Thanks for the info. I never really seriously considered the Zeta, but it was an option, lol. The things you mentioned about the Unicorn and IJ are the main reasons why I am struggling with my decision. I love Destroy mode on Unicorn, but I also love the posability and weapons on IJ. Still a hard decision for me, haha.
Old 2009-11-01, 23:29   Link #15310
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The fail of SEED once again returns to haunt.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 00:09   Link #15311
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Gou Jia Virsago.

New Lu Bu Tallgeese.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 00:10   Link #15312
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesesGlokmah View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. Yeah I've been a little concerned over how fragile I have heard the Unicorn kit is.

Thanks for the suggestion! (as you can see, I cut down your post fo space reasons, haha.) Yeah, both the Unicorn and IJ are $62. I am a pretty frequent customer there, so I also get a small discount. But anyway, yeah price was kind of a factor. Thanks for the info on articulation and such. Definitely will take that into consideration.

Thanks for the info. I never really seriously considered the Zeta, but it was an option, lol. The things you mentioned about the Unicorn and IJ are the main reasons why I am struggling with my decision. I love Destroy mode on Unicorn, but I also love the posability and weapons on IJ. Still a hard decision for me, haha.
just flip a coin, heads unicorn tails IJ ♠
Old 2009-11-02, 00:57   Link #15313
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
has any 1 turned their unicorn into unicorn banshee
Old 2009-11-02, 01:15   Link #15314
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Question:What's the average time does it take to complete a HG kit without any painting, linings or sanding?[The building process strictly]
What scale?

If you mean a clean OOB kit, it'll usually take me a good...day...? Regardless of scale.

I was never really "determined" to finish a kit since I really enjoy the process. So why would I care about the time when it isn't a chore or I don't have a deadline. Play some music you enjoy, have the TV on, or play some Youtube clips and then build it.

I mean, if you really enjoy the process, you shouldn't be worrying about time.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 03:32   Link #15315
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
What scale?

If you mean a clean OOB kit, it'll usually take me a good...day...? Regardless of scale.

I was never really "determined" to finish a kit since I really enjoy the process. So why would I care about the time when it isn't a chore or I don't have a deadline. Play some music you enjoy, have the TV on, or play some Youtube clips and then build it.

I mean, if you really enjoy the process, you shouldn't be worrying about time.
HG kits are 1/144 scale, i have never built a HG kit so i can't say, but since it has only 4-5 runners, shouldnt take the average modeller more than a couple of hours

On a separate note, if you are thinking of buying a MG kit this month, you might want to hold off a bit, 21 already released MG kits (including the upcoming Victory) will come with CLEAR PARTS at no additional cost. they will be released progressively from next month.

mmhmmm... maybe i wont get the blue astray anymore, MG force impulse with clear parts sounds awfully tempting
Old 2009-11-02, 03:38   Link #15316
Amber.Dawn

Hmmm...I've never been attracted to the clear parts. I like metallic, but clear looks very...toy-ish?
Old 2009-11-02, 04:26   Link #15317
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
HG kits are 1/144 scale, i have never built a HG kit so i can't say, but since it has only 4-5 runners, shouldnt take the average modeller more than a couple of hours
Not necessarily. 1/100's were produced in HG for several series. Namely V, G, W and X. But when Bandai released SEED 1/100 models, they no longer slapped the "HG" tag onto the box, but everyone thats built one along with an older 1/100 HG knew they were about the same quality.

So even though they are technically considered "NG (no/non grade), the "older" generation still considers them HG's anyways.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 05:40   Link #15318
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Hmmm...I've never been attracted to the clear parts. I like metallic, but clear looks very...toy-ish?
hhmmm..metallic hguc Nu gundam/Sazabi coming....are you getting?(personally i find it looks a lot better than MG counterpart)

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 08:47   Link #15319
Sworra

Quote:
just flip a coin, heads unicorn tails IJ ♠
I call Tails will win.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 10:28   Link #15320
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The fail of SEED once again returns to haunt.
but to me, its not SEED anymore, but its now G Gundam the 2nd wave
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy