AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-11-17, 23:01   Link #15501
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
How good is the new seed astray 1/100 line? I haven't unbox my regen duel.

Are they just repaints of their 2003 counterparts? or are they on par with 00 line 1/100?
As models, they're fine. They're just models.

Articulation wise, they're about 6, 7/10, 10 being best 1/100 articulation (say Exia/Red Frame), barring the Mirage Frame.
Playability, I'd say around 8,9/10. They're made from their predecessor's mold, so you can "transform" them back to their original forms, but with new colors.
But if you don't take advantage of Bandai's greedy laziness, then probably 6,7 as well.

Creativity...2/10. When I first saw the line, I thought it was pitiful. Then again, its ten times more creative than what they're doing with the 00 line, like leaving the plastic out in the sun and calling them "designer colors"...

You've actually picked up, IMO, the best one of that line. I don't know how they manage to do it, but the Regen Duel barely looks anything like the Duel Gundam, yet theres only one new sheet of plastic. The other ones are just the same thing, but the pieces swapped around, like the shoulders becoming knees...
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 04:49   Link #15502
PzIVf3

Spoiler for HG Unicorn (destroy mode) Box cover:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 15:52   Link #15503
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite View Post
Bam!

Btw, only buy from this site if you have a lot of other things going along with it. They have a set shipping rate, being 10 dollars regardless of whatever purchased, be it a Gundam marker or twenty PG kits.

Well I wouldn't call my building preferences rituals, since they make some logical sense...in my mind at least.

Usually build my way down. Head-chest-torso-arms-legs-backpack-weapons.

But do you count keeping my hands EXTRA EXTRA clean before building a kit a ritual...?

I do have some "rituals" (more like obsessive compulsiveness) when it comes to what I do after I build kits though.
For example, I've kept every single box from every single model I've ever built. I know a lot of people do it since they make nice display items. But I also keep ALL the plastic that came along with it. So I keep all the pieces of large plastic...and the plastic bags. Never know when they'll be useful...
thanks. i wonder how long it will be for delivery, a week maybe?

i dont neccessarily keep all the plastic bags but i do keep a few. i keep the boxes and the trays but they're just put in a storage area ie the closet or shelves.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 16:41   Link #15504
Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
thanks. i wonder how long it will be for delivery, a week maybe?
Depends where your shipping address is. Their base is in California.
Old 2009-11-18, 18:24   Link #15505
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Is this PG or HG ? I expect something more complex for the dough I'm footing out here.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 19:12   Link #15506
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Depends where your shipping address is. Their base is in California.
thanks, then its probably a week from cali to montreal.
Old 2009-11-18, 19:48   Link #15507
yusawateva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Is this PG or HG ? I expect something more complex for the dough I'm footing out here.
PG 00 Raiser
yusawateva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 21:10   Link #15508
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusawateva View Post
PG 00 Raiser
That question was just saying how the PG 00 is more look MG/HG. <--I know- worded poorly.
The poster knows it's a PG.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-18, 23:51   Link #15509
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusawateva View Post
PG 00 Raiser
My friend, meet my other friend, sarcasm.

HGUC Unicorn [Destroy Mode] looks good. The only Gunpla kits I own are all HG 1/144 00, I may pick up Unicorn. HGUC is basically HG 1/144, right?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 00:05   Link #15510
Amber.Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
My friend, meet my other friend, sarcasm.

HGUC Unicorn [Destroy Mode] looks good. The only Gunpla kits I own are all HG 1/144 00, I may pick up Unicorn. HGUC is basically HG 1/144, right?
Pretty much, from what I've seen.
High Grade Universal Century
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 01:18   Link #15511
Sworra

Quote:
thanks, then its probably a week from cali to montreal.
if your wondering about Hobbywave? They have two locations one in U.S and One in Canada i believe.. The one in Canada is in Burnaby. B.C? Last time i checked was last year.

Last edited by Sworra; 2009-11-19 at 01:58.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 05:06   Link #15512
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
Pretty much, from what I've seen.
High Grade Universal Century
For some reason, HGUC kits tend to be larger than all other HG kits when it comes to portraying the same scale. OTOH, that will explain the higher pricing for HGUC kits.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 07:22   Link #15513
Tormenk

Accuracy to scale perhaps? I would think simply being UC Bandai would be more mindful to keep the fans happy.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-19, 08:28   Link #15514
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
if your wondering about Hobbywave? They have two locations one in U.S and One in Canada i believe.. The one in Canada is in Burnaby. B.C? Last time i checked was last year.
thank you for the information. i hope its still open in bc, it may not be a stone's throw away but it is closer than california.

i just got hilling care's garrazzo today. i plan to change to color scheme to that of anew returner's gaddess. i got the grey primer today so i can get a good base in which to make the grey areas to that offwhite. can someone pls tell me some tips to use the primer? so far ive been told to spray in a well ventilated area with cardboard as a background and to avoid putting it on too thick. they also told me to use wet sand paper to smooth out the primer when the final primer coat has dried off. what other tricks are used to work with primer that will also make sure teh grooves for the panel lines still show enough to use the marker on them? btw wat with the orange beams emitted from the hands, hilling care's kit only came with the hand beam saber mode. i saw another garrazzo that had them separated, was it the other garrazzo kit that had it?

Last edited by X207; 2009-11-19 at 17:26.
Old 2009-11-19, 18:16   Link #15515
Dynamite

Quote:
i just got hilling care's garrazzo today. i plan to change to color scheme to that of anew returner's gaddess. i got the grey primer today so i can get a good base in which to make the grey areas to that offwhite. can someone pls tell me some tips to use the primer? so far ive been told to spray in a well ventilated area with cardboard as a background and to avoid putting it on too thick. they also told me to use wet sand paper to smooth out the primer when the final primer coat has dried off. what other tricks are used to work with primer that will also make sure teh grooves for the panel lines still show enough to use the marker on them? btw wat with the orange beams emitted from the hands, hilling care's kit only came with the hand beam saber mode. i saw another garrazzo that had them separated, was it the other garrazzo kit that had it?
The best thing I can tell you is to test it on a "scrap kit" first, like a FG. Or bits of plastic, but they generally aren't big enough for you to experiment with.

Go somewhere ventilated. Sprays are toxic...so try not to breathe while you spray. Better yet, get a mask. If you're in a WELL ventilated area (a.k.a outside), you wouldn't need a mask, if you're sitting against the wind. And since you're in Canada, I assume there is a good amount of wind. But to be safe, just get a simple dust mask.

If you aren't spraying outside, go to a home-improvement shop to get a mask with an organic filter. DON'T spray in doors without good mask. I used a dust mask in doors for a while...bad idea.

Spray about a foot away from your piece. It would be great if we could spray right next to it so more gets onto it (so we don't waste the precious chemical) but that just coats it too heavily.

But why are you even repainting a Garazzo into Gaddess' scheme...why not just buy a Gaddess? Seems like it'll save a lot of money on paint alone.

And the 1/144 HG Garazzos never came with separate "finger" blades. I'm assuming you either saw dalong's page (he cut the beams, but it looks pretty bad) or you saw the Robot Damashii/Spirit kit, which has individual and pronounced beams.
Old 2009-11-19, 18:38   Link #15516
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
The best thing I can tell you is to test it on a "scrap kit" first, like a FG. Or bits of plastic, but they generally aren't big enough for you to experiment with.

Go somewhere ventilated. Sprays are toxic...so try not to breathe while you spray. Better yet, get a mask. If you're in a WELL ventilated area (a.k.a outside), you wouldn't need a mask, if you're sitting against the wind. And since you're in Canada, I assume there is a good amount of wind. But to be safe, just get a simple dust mask.

If you aren't spraying outside, go to a home-improvement shop to get a mask with an organic filter. DON'T spray in doors without good mask. I used a dust mask in doors for a while...bad idea.

Spray about a foot away from your piece. It would be great if we could spray right next to it so more gets onto it (so we don't waste the precious chemical) but that just coats it too heavily.

But why are you even repainting a Garazzo into Gaddess' scheme...why not just buy a Gaddess? Seems like it'll save a lot of money on paint alone.

And the 1/144 HG Garazzos never came with separate "finger" blades. I'm assuming you either saw dalong's page (he cut the beams, but it looks pretty bad) or you saw the Robot Damashii/Spirit kit, which has individual and pronounced beams.
thanks for the info on the dust mask. i can probably spray outside this year for a while. this november really is warm during the day ie like a cold summer day.

i have a gaddess already, i just really like the color scheme on it. i like the weapon kit that it comes with but i also really like garrazzo's weapon kit. i cant really make 20+ models, i can but not enought ime or space for them. so i go for some that i like and then go for some unique kits. ie a manga variation-astray/blitz amatsu, a quadruped- andy waltfeld gaia custom and a custom color kit-blue garrazzo. i always wanted to make a custom colour kit. i doubt ill buy anymore, i have 6.5 kits done already. the gaddess is almost done aside from the legs and head and the amatsu is next on the list to build. i probably saw the RD garrazzo kit as it looked rather neat.

Last edited by X207; 2009-11-19 at 18:53.
Old 2009-11-20, 00:13   Link #15517
Sworra

Quote:
thanks for the info on the dust mask. i can probably spray outside this year for a while. this november really is warm during the day ie like a cold summer day.

i have a gaddess already, i just really like the color scheme on it. i like the weapon kit that it comes with but i also really like garrazzo's weapon kit. i cant really make 20+ models, i can but not enought ime or space for them. so i go for some that i like and then go for some unique kits. ie a manga variation-astray/blitz amatsu, a quadruped- andy waltfeld gaia custom and a custom color kit-blue garrazzo. i always wanted to make a custom colour kit. i doubt ill buy anymore, i have 6.5 kits done already. the gaddess is almost done aside from the legs and head and the amatsu is next on the list to build. i probably saw the RD garrazzo kit as it looked rather neat.
Good luck on your builds.. Should post some pics on your work
Old 2009-11-20, 15:36   Link #15518
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
Good luck on your builds.. Should post some pics on your work
already did post some up on another forum site, luckily the links are still valid

its designed a bit awkwardly at times ie the rear waist armour wasn't designed to move O.o

didnt bother taking too many of blitz, i have a few already + its not very poseable as its a FG.

that was b4 my 00 raiser was copleted. now its done and the gaddess is nearly finished. the only thing thats wrong with my gaddess now is that the red gn blades dont show upwell against the red wall lol.
Old 2009-11-20, 19:29   Link #15519
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I got my RD 0 Gundam in the mail today.

I love it, a prime example of Japan's A game in toy making.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 01:44   Link #15520
Sworra

Quote:
already did post some up on another forum site, luckily the links are still valid

its designed a bit awkwardly at times ie the rear waist armour wasn't designed to move O.o

didnt bother taking too many of blitz, i have a few already + its not very poseable as its a FG.

that was b4 my 00 raiser was copleted. now its done and the gaddess is nearly finished. the only thing thats wrong with my gaddess now is that the red gn blades dont show upwell against the red wall lol.
Nice work on your models, Like the orange look on the Gaia, different from the black.. Custom paints jobs rock, but i also like the orginal colors on certain Moble suits eg. Nu Gundam. The colors match so well on it.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy