AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-11-04, 00:33   Link #1101
Johnny Dy

Did the dead rise to vote? I did say the americans are a people that like to vote against itself, but I thought that was obvious in 2016 and now the other end of the libra will take weight. Was I wrong!? This can't be close.
Old 2020-11-04, 00:47   Link #1102
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe people here are missing something?
Old 2020-11-04, 00:55   Link #1103
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

BBC says 205 for Biden and 171 for Trump. Don't really know what that really means for you guys if that's unexpectedly close or far.
Old 2020-11-04, 01:00   Link #1104
Johnny Dy

If that's true, I can't say it's the closest thing, but it's unexpectedly close, maybe even too close for comfort.
Probably this american system of screwing it's people is too airtight, none of the bullshit can escape, I taught that this time the majority's vote would be plainly obvious in the final difference. Seems like not really. Long live the obsolete constitution!
Spoiler:
Old 2020-11-04, 01:07   Link #1105
coded321
He Who Games

More venting here. I'm... hopeful that biden will win, however it doesn't look like the senate is being flipped, and we needed the senate flipped. Its just going to be 2 years of gridlock and complete obstruction by republicans, and Republicans will be blaming biden for everything, and Americans with their short term memory will believe it, and then whoop de woo, red wave 2022.
Old 2020-11-04, 01:11   Link #1106
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Associated Press has it as 223 (Biden) to 212 (Trump) With the majority of the remaining states leaning Trump. Basically this will be decided by Pennsylvania and Michigan once they restart counting tomorrow.
Old 2020-11-04, 01:15   Link #1107
Johnny Dy

Biden is probably not the most fortunate choice, poor guy is confused half the time.
But democrats can't be oblivious to this situation, maybe they want an escape goat. But for what?
What is the government of the USA hiding? Dunno, but it's gonna be interesting finding out.
I'm particularly found of escape goats, so I like Biden more and more.

If it were to be Trump president again, the truth would just be buried, the guy has no scruples. But Biden is different I think, if he will sniff out foul play, chances are he's gonna speak up, what does he got to lose at 70+? He already lost a child I hear, the less a man has to lose, the more honest he is forced to become, regardless of his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Associated Press has it as 223 (Biden) to 212 (Trump) With the majority of the remaining states leaning Trump. Basically this will be decided by Pennsylvania and Michigan once they restart counting tomorrow.
Dafuk!?!
Old 2020-11-04, 01:17   Link #1108
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am completely expecting a 2004. Thats how low my faith in people is.
Old 2020-11-04, 01:36   Link #1109
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

BBC now says 210 Biden, 213 Trump...

Edit - Now its Biden 220, Trump 213.
Old 2020-11-04, 01:42   Link #1110
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Associated Press has it as 223 (Biden) to 212 (Trump)
BBC now says 210 Biden, 213 Trump...
Is it just me, or some people don't have arithmetic as their strong suit?

223 + 212 = 435 points
210 + 213 = 423 points

I propose a hunt for the 12 points that got away!

Somebody said earlier it's too hectic, I agree. But I never would have expected to be this close. It's fairly unbelievable to me. And I don't think I'm the only one on this Earth for whom what's happening now doesn't make sense.
Old 2020-11-04, 01:58   Link #1111
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Some news agencies are counting states as won and others are not.
Old 2020-11-04, 02:20   Link #1112
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The current results make perfect sense to me. My boss at work bet thousands on Biden winning when the odds were around 60-70%, while I was telling everyone in the office that I didn't believe the polls and that the election would be a toss-up.

Now, the race is still too close to call and both sides still have a chance. Regardless of who wins, this election clearly reinforces the notion of the silent voter who doesn't respond to polls. I'm not a US citizen, but if I were, I would never ever tell a pollster that I'm planning to vote Trump/GOP because the risk is just too high under the current cancel culture of political correctness. I have no idea who the person on the other side of the line is and what he/she will do with my personal data. All it takes is a simple tweet "XXX is a Trump voter" for them to potentially end my career and ruin my life by doxxing me or taking my social media posts out of context. I'm very certain that many other conservatives would have done the same, including a number on this forum.

Again, regardless of who wins and regardless of who you support, if anyone here is genuinely shocked by how close the race is, I suggest that you talk to 10 voters who voted differently from you. Have a real and genuine conversation with them and ask them why they voted the way they did, without carrying any pre-conceived notions about them being evil/racist/sexist/homophobic/Islamophobic/bigoted/misinformed. The US would be a far less fractured and partisan society if everyone were to do just that.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2020-11-04, 02:31   Link #1113
ramlaen

As of 3:30 AM Eastern, the called states and lean states equate a 294-244 win for Trump.
Old 2020-11-04, 02:31   Link #1114
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Also Maine and Nebraska have one or two electors that can go independent of the majority
Old 2020-11-04, 02:38   Link #1115
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

The big loser tonight, in my opinion, are the polling companies. Their credibility took a big hit in 2016, and I think tonight's results will be the final nail in their coffins. The predicted blue wave did not occur — how could the opinion polls get it so wrong, yet again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Again, regardless of who wins and regardless of who you support, if anyone here is genuinely shocked by how close the race is, I suggest that you talk to 10 voters who voted differently from you. Have a real and genuine conversation with them and ask them why they voted the way they did, without carrying any pre-conceived notions about them being evil/racist/sexist/homophobic/Islamophobic/bigoted/misinformed. The US would be a far less fractured and partisan society if everyone were to do just that.
I've suggested something along a similar vein at least a couple of times before, only to be told that it's a false equivalence. I don't know.

What I do know is that a Trump victory would have far-reaching significance for politics elsewhere. It'll be proof that populism works, and we'll have to see what other consequences that will bring.

For now, though, here's hoping against hope that the final votes yet to be counted could still make a difference.
Old 2020-11-04, 04:06   Link #1116
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
As of 3:30 AM Eastern, the called states and lean states equate a 294-244 win for Trump.
^Well, I will be happy with that outcome if that is true.

The odds were 2.5 for Trump and 1.5 for Biden before the election day on my local bet.
Couldnt resist the odds for Trump and bet 1 grand on him to win.
Old 2020-11-04, 04:11   Link #1117
James Rye

So it's going to be a close victory for Biden instead of a landslide. What I find curious, are those win declarations made without having counted all the mail ballots? Because I saw articles talking about red mirage and blue shift and what not and of countries looking red or blue on the first day and different a couple days later when all 100% votes are counted.

What seems clear though is that Democrats won't flip the Senate which sucks. The reps can now do a Obama 2.0, block everything and blame Biden then. At least they seem to hold onto the house for now.

No matter who wins, only a landslide would have calmed the waves now Trump can and did declare himself winner and that he has his victory stolen by states still counting ballots. Still, that Arizona changed blue is a big thing. Might all come down to Pennsylvania then.

But yeah, Polling companies got problems now. Sure, a lot of stuff was tight but still, especially the Senate races seem to have been really wrong in their predictions.
Old 2020-11-04, 05:19   Link #1118
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Now that's either a grand lie or a grand theft. Just my opinion.
Old 2020-11-04, 05:39   Link #1119
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I am happy that my state is still in play and I have a small hope that Georgia that will switched to Blue
Old 2020-11-04, 05:48   Link #1120
James Rye

I just don't understand how 65+ millions Americans can vote for a man who prematurely declares himself winner of the election and that he will fight it in the court before it has even been fully counted. Like why even have an election at all when it is only a farce then? The American antique voting system really needs an overhaul.