AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 42.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-09, 17:08   Link #41
LKK

When the animators draw Kaname appropriately, he doesn't look all that bad for an anime adaptation of a manga design. However, the animators seem to have a hard time drawing Kaname well on a consistent basis. Even in episode 5 during the party scene, his face is badly drawn compared to how he's supposed to look. That's why I dropped my grade down to 7 for this episode. For whatever reason, the other characters don't suffer from this problem. They have consistently been drawn well. Zero, in particular, looks fantastic nearly all the time.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-09, 21:42   Link #42
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

ok this is my favorite vampire knight episode and i gave it an 10/10
And i think the new ethics teacher is going to be my favorite character of this series{What's his name btw}
Old 2008-05-09, 22:03   Link #43
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
ok this is my favorite vampire knight episode and i gave it an 10/10
And i think the new ethics teacher is going to be my favorite character of this series{What's his name btw}
Touga Yagari.

I can't wait to see how he turns out in Episode 6.
Old 2008-05-10, 21:12   Link #44
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

A bit hit and miss, IMO. I really think this show struggles with atmosphere, and it only has itself to blame. For something which is supposed to be fairly dark and serious (it has this "in love with the night" feel about it that, if I were more familiar with the fandom, I'd be able to describe more succinctly), it has far too much pointless light comic relief. They're always little things, but they're too frequent, and they just kill the atmosphere.

Personally, I don't think this show is really bringing anything new to the vampire mystery subgenre. Vampire hunters, ex-human vampires slowly losing their mind, overly romantic vampires with mind-blowing powers. I guess the overwhelmed female lead at the centre of all this is somewhat original, but the only thing that I think this is doing that genuinely stands out is the deliberate pacing.

It's pretty obvious that Kaname is being less than sincere about certain things.
Old 2008-05-11, 02:53   Link #45
Mirakuru

Episode 6 is titled "Their Choice"... at the current pace, it should have one of my favorite scenes in the entire series~! =D I hope Studio DEEN does it justice!
Old 2008-05-11, 03:39   Link #46
Fweakin

I continue to love this series and the mood it sets.

I'm a sucker for a troubled hero, so I'm loving Zero's battle with himself for control. Plus it makes for good viewing, especially the last scene

I'm with other who say that to me Kaname comes off.....arrogant. I can't like him at this stage. He comes across as sleazy to me. I can't quite explain why, its just the feeling that I get. Zero on the other hand.......

I like the new characters so far (and the sideline characters who we get to learn more about). And it wouldn't quite be a female targetted show without yaoi or yaoi-flavoured subtext. Ichijou seems like an interesting character. Hopefully (and I suspect we will) we will see more of him in coming episodes.
Old 2008-05-11, 21:45   Link #47
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Damn ani_d we agree on who we think should "win" for once lol.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
A bit hit and miss, IMO. I really think this show struggles with atmosphere, and it only has itself to blame. For something which is supposed to be fairly dark and serious (it has this "in love with the night" feel about it that, if I were more familiar with the fandom, I'd be able to describe more succinctly), it has far too much pointless light comic relief. They're always little things, but they're too frequent, and they just kill the atmosphere.
I'm actually impressed of how this show can balance the comic relief and the tension really well. It's because of that that this show's dark setting appeals to me.

As for the yaoi-thing. What's so good about it that a lot of girls are so into it? haha It has the opposite effect on me.
Old 2008-05-12, 01:12   Link #48
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakuru View Post
Episode 6 is titled "Their Choice"... at the current pace, it should have one of my favorite scenes in the entire series~! =D I hope Studio DEEN does it justice!
It's definitely that scene.
Old 2008-05-12, 05:46   Link #49
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
LOL!
As for the yaoi-thing. What's so good about it that a lot of girls are so into it? haha It has the opposite effect on me.
I neither said it was good nor bad, simply that it was there

And I honestly don't know why there are fangirls galore with yaoi but I don't understand fanboys with yuri either. I like a good story/romance, and if it happens its manxman or womenxwomen it doesn't faze me.
Old 2008-05-12, 16:07   Link #50
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post

Personally, I don't think this show is really bringing anything new to the vampire mystery subgenre. Vampire hunters, ex-human vampires slowly losing their mind, overly romantic vampires with mind-blowing powers. I guess the overwhelmed female lead at the centre of all this is somewhat original, but the only thing that I think this is doing that genuinely stands out is the deliberate pacing.

It's pretty obvious that Kaname is being less than sincere about certain things.
You know what? I'd have to agree with you there. While watching some of the episodes I would think back and be like...did this even happen in the manga? I remember what got me utterly hooked onto the manga was the dark storyline and the solemn mood. I remember a few times in the anime Zero would be sarcastic and I would think back to the manga and I don't believe there were many instances where he was...it does have these random funny moments which I also think ruin the really serious atmosphere at times. I feel sometimes its lacking intenseness.
Closed Thread