AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-05-27, 05:45   Link #1221
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Wouldn't that put Okarin in 2 places at once on the same timeline though? I don't think that's possible according to the time travel rules we've been given so far.
John Titor said though that it would be possible to meet yourself in the past. Also we don't really know about anything yet about travelling to the past .. So far they've been changing the past by sending things (mail) to the past, but to travel to the past themselves .. Well Kyouma anyway .. That may happen in the later episodes. Now that Malkuth mentioned it, it kinda makes sense and might be possible. I mean who exactly would have made that scream if it was Kurisu who got killed..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Though, as long as the phone microwave time machine stays intact and usable, couldn't they in theory just undo any change caused by a D.Mail sent to themselves? Just send a message that shows up slightly before it that says to immediately delete it without reading it or whatever. It still might cause a divergence compared to the "prime" reality, but it'd be better than causing a death.
Except if it was Daru who died .. The '' lab '' might not have been ever created in the first place, and even if it was, the microwave wouldn't exist so they couldn't change the past anymore. Daru doesn't even have to die .. If they send message to past more than few days and change something drastic it might stop the making of the microwave in the first place or something similar.
Old 2011-05-27, 07:29   Link #1222
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Ep 7 of Steins;Gate the trap attacks

Old 2011-05-27, 10:07   Link #1223
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
what the, I'm shocked that some of you don't know how a pager works... am I that old......
pager was not popular in my country

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 10:44   Link #1224
Dop
Mmmm....

Ah yes, Okarin's "psychological attack", that was hilarious.
Best kind of psychological attack, if you ask me....!

I was kind of amused that they had to explain what a pager was, although were pagers that popular in Japan at the time that lots of people had them or did Ruka's mother have a job that required one?

After sending that message I did think for a moment that everyone else had disappeared. No more "Duturu!"? Surely not! But did the message work? Maybe Mayuri can find out the next time there's a cosplay session...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 11:40   Link #1225
Dist

^It's not like the others retain their memories from the world line change, so Mayuri would not notice anything different as for them Ruka was always a girl. (Assuming it worked..)
Old 2011-05-28, 01:27   Link #1226
revive4563

What happened.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 01:57   Link #1227
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
They changed Kurisu's sex too
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 02:13   Link #1228
Raiga
tl;dr

Nono, there's a line there, look closely... she was just always this flat (and there is nothing wrong with that!).
Old 2011-05-28, 07:26   Link #1229
melon_banana_milk

maybe, kurisu is john taita.

Last edited by melon_banana_milk; 2011-05-28 at 08:00.
melon_banana_milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 10:10   Link #1230
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Looks like Kurisu's trying to seduce someone.
Old 2011-05-28, 10:20   Link #1231
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Looks like Kurisu's trying to seduce someone.
I'm betting my money on Mayushii, since Ruka is not in her terget group... yet
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 12:26   Link #1232
Aqua Knight

I think the artist should have given her a bit more pronounced breast
Old 2011-05-28, 19:25   Link #1233
Calca
Expressionless

Ruka covered him...err...herself so she's just flat I'm guessing.

Also, gender is determined by the father. This show is supposed to be scientific!
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:42   Link #1234
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Reading Steiner. That will totally be the name of my firstborn child. I'll name the second one Lab Member 002.

I'm just waiting for Okarin to mess up something truly important in the past. Maybe kill someone, or cause an entire country's destruction... the possibilities are infinite, but how far is Okarin willing to take his D-mail?

I'm probably not the only one who noticed the numbers briefly appearing on screen. I believe it was 0.5% the first time, then 0.4% the second. Divergence from the "main" world line, I suppose. I doubt the consequences of moving so far away from history's intended course can be anything but bad. And John Titor probably cannot be trusted. When you start talking about becoming the messiah, suspicions arise.

Episode 8 Rating: 8.5/10
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 20:25   Link #1235
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post

Also, gender is determined by the father. This show is supposed to be scientific!
Maybe eating more veggies creates a Y barrier.
Old 2011-05-28, 20:45   Link #1236
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Megami NSFW:

Spoiler for Nyantype:
Old 2011-05-28, 20:48   Link #1237
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post

It was linked in some earlier post though that eating vegetables might result in a girl might not be so far-fetched as we thought. If you google '' Eating vegetables to get a girl '' you'll find few articles. Of course, there's really nothing to base that on but few tests. One article I found said that 32 couples did the test and all followed the same diet ; 26 girls and 6 boys. Even if the veggies had nothing to do with it, such ratio is rather unlikely ..

It is scientific but it's also fiction .. deal with it.

(Now I really hope she's a girl or all these arguments were in vain )
Old 2011-05-28, 20:52   Link #1238
revive4563

HD version of 2 girls' sexy shot
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 00:15   Link #1239
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
It was linked in some earlier post though that eating vegetables might result in a girl might not be so far-fetched as we thought. If you google '' Eating vegetables to get a girl '' you'll find few articles. Of course, there's really nothing to base that on but few tests. One article I found said that 32 couples did the test and all followed the same diet ; 26 girls and 6 boys. Even if the veggies had nothing to do with it, such ratio is rather unlikely ..

It is scientific but it's also fiction .. deal with it.

(Now I really hope she's a girl or all these arguments were in vain )
Ya, I know it's fiction and I was only playing around. You don't have to say "deal with it" like some sort of haughty fanboy. Fact remains that the mother has nothing to do with gender. Now, even if they were to make up on the spot that doing a certain activity were to increase the X-chromosome sperm or influence the father's role in sex determination, then that would be perfect. As a student of biological teachings, it is my duty to point this stuff out!

(Disclaimer I am enjoying the anime immensely and love the application of temporal physics. All responses of "OMG just watch the damn thing and quit complaining" are hereby invalid)
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 01:27   Link #1240
Dist

Soo .. Would someone finally mind and explain to me how exactly is Steins;Gate related to Chaos;Head? Like I said before, Wiki only says that Steins;Gate takes place 1 year after the events of Chaos;Head but nothing more. And like I said before, the characters and even story and events so far seem completely apart.. I just can't see the connection between these two series.

(If answering would require spoiling from VN then nvm)

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation