AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 02:04   Link #1241
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Soo .. Would someone finally mind and explain to me how exactly is Steins;Gate related to Chaos;Head? Like I said before, Wiki only says that Steins;Gate takes place 1 year after the events of Chaos;Head but nothing more. And like I said before, the characters and even story and events so far seem completely apart.. I just can't see the connection between these two series.

(If answering would require spoiling from VN then nvm)
I don't know the story of Chaos;Head but I assume it's more of a "spiritual successor" so to speak.
Old 2011-05-29, 02:16   Link #1242
kyosak
poo

nothing worth mentioning
just takes place in the same universe
so you see cameos of stuff from chaos;head like gero frog, phatasm songs, etc.
aside from that, you can just look at em as standalone games
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 02:22   Link #1243
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
nothing worth mentioning
This. There's no direct relation.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 02:34   Link #1244
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Aight thanks. It was just puzzling me because I've read several times now that someone hasn't watched Steins;Gate yet because they haven't seen Chaos;Head yet .. <.<
Old 2011-05-29, 02:43   Link #1245
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe eating more veggies creates a Y barrier.
Oh! so that is the scientific explanation for that yuri field
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 03:48   Link #1246
shishio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
I think the artist should have given her a bit more pronounced breast
Reference from A channel;

Yuuko: "Uh..erm..that's right! there's s-small breast fetish. Slender is in right now. you're in the strike zone for that!."

Run-chan: "Its popular amongst certain type of people."

I guess the artist is that TYPE?
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 04:43   Link #1247
fedor mma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmJo...eature=related
This is pretty funny, K-1 fighter Nagashima cosplaying as Feyris Nyan Nyan together with the Stens;Gate cast at his fight with Zambidis. Unfortunately, his moe powers wasn't enough to protect him from a KO.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 09:49   Link #1248
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
^Aight thanks. It was just puzzling me because I've read several times now that someone hasn't watched Steins;Gate yet because they haven't seen Chaos;Head yet .. <.<
Well, that sounds kind of stupid, considering the two of them aren't related except for the cameos.
Old 2011-05-30, 09:56   Link #1249
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, that sounds kind of stupid, considering the two of them aren't related except for the cameos.
Blame the "up-coming anime" scenario write-ups. They mentioned Chaos;Head as if it were a prequel to this series. I've had to make that correction for people on other boards as well.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 10:28   Link #1250
fedor mma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
nothing worth mentioning
Daru also mentions the online avatar of Chaos;Head main character was looking for the IBN in one of the eps
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 18:25   Link #1251
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I might be thinking about this a little to hard, but if they changed the past so that Ruka ended up being a girl shouldn't she be a totally different person? And who is to say she ever ended up meeting them in the first place?

In any case thank god the trap character is gone officially now. I never really got that trend and tend to think of them as girls regardless cause they always look, act, sound and dress like them. To me you can claim they are male, but it's really not going to have a lot of weight if they clearly aren't in all but the label. Just like how obviously lolita characters are clearly not 18 even when the claim is made.

Anyway Ruka's appearance hasn't changed even one iota though which is kind of amusing in it's own way I guess. Never expected to see a new spin on the trap concept ever quite frankly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 18:41   Link #1252
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Officially? Unless you went to the future and saw the episode that will air today, it's not confirmed whether Ruka's gender changed or not. Also I see it like this : Ruka has always acted and lived as a girl, even wanted to be a girl. I mean look at him/her, he even wears girl's clothes. So just because what's down there would change, might not change him/her in any way.

18 hours and 53 minutes till next episode.. can't wait >.<
Old 2011-05-30, 19:22   Link #1253
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
^Officially? Unless you went to the future and saw the episode that will air today, it's not confirmed whether Ruka's gender changed or not. Also I see it like this : Ruka has always acted and lived as a girl, even wanted to be a girl. I mean look at him/her, he even wears girl's clothes. So just because what's down there would change, might not change him/her in any way.

18 hours and 53 minutes till next episode.. can't wait >.<
Mayuri refers to her as Ruka-Chan when previously she had always called him Ruka-Kun. The chan suffix is typically reserved for girls while kun is reserved for boys and well.....I don't see why they would distinguish the two that clearly in Mayuri's dialogues unless something had changed and Mayuri is nothing if not particular and consistent in how she greets and talks to people.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 19:58   Link #1254
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I might be thinking about this a little to hard, but if they changed the past so that Ruka ended up being a girl shouldn't she be a totally different person? And who is to say she ever ended up meeting them in the first place?
I thought about this too, and my biology is a little shaky on these matters, but all that changed for Ruka was that he(she) no longer has a Y chromosome, and now has an X. The X chromosome from the mother would still be the same one.

Would he(she) probably look a little different? Perhaps.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 21:09   Link #1255
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Considering that Ruka acted like a girl even while he/she was a boy in the original timeline, I honestly doubt there would have been a major change on the timeline as a whole; there really isn't much to change there except his gender, to make him a her. It's quite possible she still met Mayuri and Okarin the same way she did when she was a he.
Old 2011-05-31, 00:09   Link #1256
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Maybe this is a world line where everyone thinks Ruka is a boy, but he's actually a girl... oh, the horror.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 05:48   Link #1257
DummyInc

here is a better quality mayuri ringtone

http://www.mediafire.com/?u5qaqbyo3qzjbqq
Old 2011-05-31, 13:49   Link #1258
Jao
panchi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I thought about this too, and my biology is a little shaky on these matters, but all that changed for Ruka was that he(she) no longer has a Y chromosome, and now has an X. The X chromosome from the mother would still be the same one.

Would he(she) probably look a little different? Perhaps.
Yes, but in a series about microwave fuelled time travel I consider that an acceptable break from reality, what is more jarring is how easily Kurisu accepted the mean/vegetable pseudoscientific claim considering her personality and views on pseudoscientific time travel.
Hiding behind tinted glasses and doors.
Jao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:02   Link #1259
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jao View Post
Yes, but in a series about microwave fuelled time travel I consider that an acceptable break from reality, what is more jarring is how easily Kurisu accepted the mean/vegetable pseudoscientific claim considering her personality and views on pseudoscientific time travel.
She didn't accept it. Even Okarin admitted it probably wouldn't do anything. Unless my memory is failing me...
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 14:04   Link #1260
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for S;G 09 - Just like the shooting firelight showering sparks all around:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation