AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-01-06, 23:32   Link #221
Ridwan

I didn't mean to be hostile. You're an Aussie. Grow a thick skin !

But yeah, I can see where your problem lies. Don't the Maoris or Native Australians have something of a historical elite warrior class or something, though ?

Last edited by Ridwan; 2014-01-06 at 23:46.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 00:24   Link #222
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
I didn't mean to be hostile. You're an Aussie. Grow a thick skin !

But yeah, I can see where your problem lies. Don't the Maoris or Native Australians have something of a historical elite warrior class or something, though ?
Sadly no, Indigenous Australians don't have anything like "Elite Warriors" or even the Caucasian side for that matter :P

There is just the common tribal/community hierarchy you see anyway

Unless something comes up say for example,.. Hunter or... Bush ranger thats pretty much it
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 00:25   Link #223
Ridwan

Well, how about Maoris ? And yes, don't the white settlers have something to contribute ?
Old 2014-01-07, 00:34   Link #224
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Maoris are similar to Aboriginals in a sense, unfortunately I don't know much of their history
to say anything about any notable figures or individuals of interest. (My cousins well get me for this later. Their Maori descendents too >_< lol *sighs* )

White settlers would have of been ideal source for Bushranger, but firearms are not included
in the elder tales game-verse. So no luck there
Old 2014-01-07, 00:52   Link #225
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
Maoris are similar to Aboriginals in a sense, unfortunately I don't know much of their history
to say anything about any notable figures or individuals of interest. (My cousins well get me for this later. Their Maori descendents too >_< lol *sighs* )

White settlers would have of been ideal source for Bushranger, but firearms are not included
in the elder tales game-verse. So no luck there
How about re-imaging them to use melee weapons and bows? Imho it doesn't really matter what weapons they use, so as long they are still shown with the qualities that make them iconic to Australians =3

It's like, if Elder Tales/LogHora is set in a futuristic environment, we can always have a Samurai that uses beam sabers and laser weapons (Hi Jedis! =D) instead of the good ol' nihontou+bow combo =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 00:54   Link #226
Ridwan

Well the last time I heard Elder Tale Universe is still pre-gun powder, so that should factor here.
Old 2014-01-07, 01:16   Link #227
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Yup. What I'm suggesting is that Aggelos could imagine how bushrangers would be like in that kind of setting and with the kind of weapons available to it, and see if this could work without depriving the things makes bushrangers the kind of men that they had come to be =3

Same soup, different bowl =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 01:32   Link #228
Ridwan

I would grant it that a Texan Sherrif with armor and Claymore will look awesome, but I don't know man. Samurai apeared before the age of lasers, thus there is precedent, but having a class before its era is harder to avoid the anachronism.

Last edited by Ridwan; 2014-01-07 at 14:42.
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 07:41   Link #229
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Edit: Nevermind.....(Too lazy to change the first chapter of the story)

So in place of this post:

I don't know how Ship in the past communicate with other ship but.....

*Pirate Ship show angry emoticon*
*Sea-Breeze show sad-face emoticon*

I am definitely sure that they don't communicate using Emoticon.

Last edited by agetreme; 2014-01-07 at 11:32.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 12:59   Link #230
Breimoon

if someone wants to give Mamare some class idea here is official link, you have up to 10 feb https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W39...yZx5o/viewform
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 18:02   Link #231
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Hmmm, that is a daunting task to any of the finalists.
So apart from having all suggestions reviewed from Mamare and his team, all chosen
submission from Mamare are given the deciding vote online from the fan community.

Stage 1 alone is hard enough, but Stage 2 is the quencher.
Old 2014-01-08, 05:30   Link #232
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Sorry for double posting, but I've just submitted a rough idea for "Bushranger"
or "Ranger" for short, to Mamare's class submission.

I have no idea if it will impress him or anyone else for that matter but I gave it a shot

So that's Wildman and Bushranger from me, I couldn't think up anything for a
Soothsayer class for the European server liked I hoped, but I am sure someone else did.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys
Old 2014-01-08, 06:21   Link #233
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Bogan is one. I chose Bikie. Both fits the Samurai "2h-ed tanking class" that uses debuff tanking.

I still insist Oceanus gets Crocodile Dundee instead of Swashbuckler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Well the last time I heard Elder Tale Universe is still pre-gun powder, so that should factor here.
What kind of pre-gunpowder era game has Mechanics as a subclass?

I'd say the magi-tech hybrid seen in Final Fantasyesque RPGs is the "technology level" of Gaia. Fits the distant post-apocalyptic setting of Elder Tales as they have overgrown city building ruins and Victorian-fashion people living in them.

As such, the "magic" we see in Gaia is actually very advanced technology such that it is virtually indistinguishable from magic. And Mechanics can very well exist in this era.
Old 2014-01-08, 06:22   Link #234
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Log Horizon anime and mangas have enough swashbucklers to show that they can stray away from the Inigo Montoya, Zorro and D'Artagnan template, like Shouryu and that girl from West Wind Brigade. I planned another one to appear as a pirate bully minor antagonist and she fancies herself as the daughter of a famous pirate. Like Remi Brando, but for pirates.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 06:23   Link #235
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Log Horizon anime and mangas have enough swashbucklers to show that they can stray away from the Inigo Montoya, Zorro and D'Artagnan template, like Shouryu and that girl from West Wind Brigade. I planned another one to appear as a pirate bully minor antagonist and she fancies herself as the daughter of a famous pirate. Like Remi Brando, but for pirates.
Spice Brandy. The Spiciest man in the Seven Seas. These are the Adventures of Brandy and his spicy crew, in the Spice routes.
Old 2014-01-08, 08:07   Link #236
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
What kind of pre-gunpowder era game has Mechanics as a subclass?

I'd say the magi-tech hybrid seen in Final Fantasyesque RPGs is the "technology level" of Gaia. Fits the distant post-apocalyptic setting of Elder Tales as they have overgrown city building ruins and Victorian-fashion people living in them.

As such, the "magic" we see in Gaia is actually very advanced technology such that it is virtually indistinguishable from magic. And Mechanics can very well exist in this era.
The problem with that is:
The gun may operate on different principle than normal gun and even if they can make it doesn't mean that Adventurers can equipped it. I think I read from somewhere interview with Mamare that it is possible to make Guns but the level requirement would be high.

Old 2014-01-08, 08:36   Link #237
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

I do find it odd that while guns are non existence with gun powder and
stream powered engines popping up, I guess its all a matter of time really.

Against magic projectiles and arrow they would be the most sort out and the most
heavy hitters compared to other two.
They would be a game breaker or a overskill of sorts for the classes.
Since you don't need mana to fuel them or skills of a bard to use them.
(tho you could work one or both into that)

In the novel Shiro used a blade to behead someone, but enchanter doesn't
have physical skills to use that or should. Guns would be similar, imagine
Nao-bro carry a shotgun for range skills when he doesn't really need too
Old 2014-01-08, 08:42   Link #238
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Just what would make firearms so game breaking? Unless by game breaking you mean going in a NPCgenocide. Firearms are as limited in ammo as mana is. Adventurers are shown shrugging off wounds that would have otherwise killed them in real life. Muggle NPCs with those may love them to even out the chances against the demihuman mobs. But that's it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 08:48   Link #239
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Just what would make firearms so game breaking? Unless by game breaking you mean going in a NPCgenocide. Firearms are in as limited in limited as mana is. Adventurers are shown shrugging off wounds that would have otherwise kill them in real life. Muggle NPCs with those may love them to even out the chances against the demihuman mobs. But that's it.
Firearms are very efficient... too efficient, in fact.
Shoot a mob in the head and it's dead meat. Give it to a Level 1 adventurer and tell him to press the trigger — boom! Mobs are small time.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 09:13   Link #240
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Firearms are very efficient... too efficient, in fact.
Shoot a mob in the head and it's dead meat. Give it to a Level 1 adventurer and tell him to press the trigger — boom! Mobs are small time.
Not exactly, the production cost would be high (modern guns has lots of moving part and early firearms aren't very reliable)

Not only that Bullet would cost money... probably a lot more than modern ammunition since there is no factory (yet) to mass produce rounds.

Even if they successfully make one: will it deal enough damage to take down monsters?

Have you play MMORPG with guns in it? You probably need lots of rounds to take down a mob and a single round is not cheap (refer to above again).

Tags
original content