AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-01-12, 16:14   Link #81
Hi_There

Quote:
raped her and what seemed, as if she kissed him or enjoyed the rape could be his demonic "powers", he just gained.
But she didn'e enjoy or was willing. The first kiss surprised her(she opened her eyes to see Griffith).
Second kiss was forced by Femto's hand, look at the page before, she's fighting it, but he's too strong.
Remember to read the panels from right to left.

I read it over a couple times, there was no 'willingness(She said 'no, no!') nor, enjoyment. Caska just couldn't get out.
Hi_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 12:27   Link #82
Confusion

i dragged myself through that chapter again and i swear its harder to read each time.

she does indeed say "NO...NO!" at a point.i agree that it is indeed a rape in spite of my earlier post.......BUT....something happens whether its her confusion(gattsu/griffith dillemma) coupled with the onsetting insanity,toward the end she gives in/goes with it.(perhaps this is as Xiandu suggested the writers simply attempting to sensualize the scene ie:hentai)

pages 149/150 shes reciprocating kisses with femto and look at the middle panel in 150 caskas right arm is not being held by femto and SEEMS to be wrapped around femtos neck.(perhaps just a bad perception by me)

in the end ,i think it is indeed a rape.i agree she has no choice and is not willing.but i think in the very end of the rape she ALMOST appears to get into it.this i think may be caused by her onsetting insanity(lets face it who wouldnt go insane?) mixxed with the writers possible attempt to sensualize the scene .
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-13, 20:21   Link #83
Hi_There

I completely understand where ur interperetation comes from.

However, look at pg 148, bottom left square. Femto is forcing Caska to face him, and his index finger is prying open her mouth for the kiss. Caska seems like she's strugling against it.

Pg 149, Femto's right arm is pushing against her right arm causing it to position upwards. It seems like it's in a curl because her right forearm hangs down(due to all the things she's been through, she's fatigued and tired) but she still never embraces him.

Her left arm is pushed up due to Femto's left hand fondling her and possibly his thumb pushing against her arm pitt.

Pg 150 shows a closeup, but notcice that when he releases her, she has no strength and falls to the floor, this backs up the supposed 'sensual' position she was in, that it was out of her own power, and was not embracing/holding on to him. The position was only due to Femto's own means.

If this point still doesn't fully pursuade you, let's just agree that we disagree.

Last edited by Hi_There; 2004-01-14 at 09:57.
Old 2004-01-13, 21:40   Link #84
AnimeFangirl

Gosh, this is all so graphic and I'm still so young *blush*. There should be a "Mature" warning in the topic or something. Anyway, when I first read that chapter I thought she ended up enjoying it, but I can't prove it. Plus I never liked Caska anyway, so I'd believe anything of her . Agree to disagree, certainly.
Old 2004-01-15, 17:43   Link #85
acefighter
Banned

i think you really should get a life. you pay this much attention to a cartoon rape sence.
acefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-15, 18:42   Link #86
Hi_There

Quote:
Originally Posted by acefighter
i think you really should get a life. you pay this much attention to a cartoon rape sence.

I'm currently taking Illustration, literature and fiction construction in colledge right now, in the means of pursiung my goals to get into this industry in the future. Whether it's animation, freelance, mangaki, or novel writing.

Yes, I read manga and watch animation for the sake of learning aside from only entertainment. Looking 'into' the details is what I require myself to do, to fully benefit from what I can learn from it. Disscussions, like on this board about the the details of a subject also help.

However, even if it's for the sake of entertainment value alone, WTF do you care?

You come on a board like this about anime/manga etc etc just to post something to annoy some of the members that are in a certain type of thread disscussion.

Yes, someone should get a life HYPOCRIT!!!

So plz, STFU and GO TO CLASS!
Old 2004-01-15, 19:02   Link #87
Confusion

sorry i dont log in or post much......

ok let me say that we were having a discussion on the character motivations in a VERY dark and horrible scene.i dont think it went too far down into some perverted gutter.if you look at our coversation maybe youll pick up on the conversation being based on character motivation.oh did i repeat CHARACTER MOTIVATION.

did you read the berserk manga? if you did and up to book 13 then you know its a dark and terrible piece that changes everything.alot of people have differing opinions of the mindset of caska in the scene.that is all this was about.

perhaps this isnt the best place to discuss it considering the adult themes.i should have tagged it mature themes and i suppose that was a mistake.but really i think its been a reasonable conversation.it seems to have been more or less settled till you revived it .

by way of closing thanks all who posted on this i was trying to sort out the character motivations,and i achieved that.and maybe changed my opinion......a little :P

now maybe a mod can close this if its too adult.....
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 03:12   Link #88
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Wow first off let me just say that I'm a big fan of the anime, the cliffhanger ending in the anime was just too much for me so about a year and a half later I just now finally snapped and started reading the manga.

This is my first manga ever and I'm enjoying it quite a bit, never thought it could take the place of the anime because of the sterotypical its a black and white book deal. Boy was I wrong! It's great! I'n now on chapter 13 so I will begining new ground shortly. I'm so excited!

Anyways something has been really bothering me and thats how the main charater Gatts or Guts or whatever the hell is name is translated as. I mean I've seen like four different versions of his name throughout the manga and anime, what gives!

So which ones the right one? Ive seen

Guts
Gatts
Gatz
Gutsu

Edit- and I can't believe they left out so the whole Black Dogs part in the anime, that part was huge! Plus all the other battles Guts had. What a jip. But I still love the anime.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-18, 14:50   Link #89
Hi_There

In an interview, Kentaro Muira(the creator). Addressed that the proper name is 'GUTS'.

I was also saddened that they didn't have the wild dogs arc in the anime.
Old 2004-01-18, 21:59   Link #90
Spooky-Electric

I was wondering the same thing as Tommy.

What the hell is Guts name??!?!

I've heard

Guts
Gatts
Gattsu

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 19:45   Link #91
Mithos
Disabled By Request

Didn't the old owner of the Berserk Armor bleed to death according to Schierke (Little Witch)? I want to know more about the Skull Knight's past. I hope there is a special chapter for his story later when he was a king supposably.
Mithos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 17:44   Link #92
Jn183

I think the former owner couldn't handle the armor aka die from loss of blood. Anyway, since I read that Berserk first vol was sold out. Anyone heard/read anything of DH licensing more vol of berserk?
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 19:22   Link #93
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
I was wondering the same thing as Tommy.

What the hell is Guts name??!?!

I've heard

Guts
Gatts
Gattsu

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh
His name is ( ガッツ ), which would be "Gattsu" when romanized or "Guts" in proper English.
Old 2004-03-01, 02:17   Link #94
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Question finished anime, which Berserk manga to continue?

Actually, I still didn't finish the anime of Berserk but I heard that its incomplete and the manga continues the series. So I want to know which manga number is exactly after the last episode of the anime. So I could buy it (the mangas are also licensed right? ) right after I finish the anime.

Thanks

*EDIT*

oh I forgot to say, Im sorry if this question has already been answered. I did a search but didn't find any but I still have a feeling that I could have missed the post.
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 02:29   Link #95
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Read chapters 1-8 (volumes 1-3) because the first episode of the anime leaves out a lot of stuff from the prologue.

After that, I believe that the anime ends in chapter 52, so you will pick up in the middle of volume 10.

Personally I recommend that you read the whole manga since the 7 volumes that are covered by the anime are only a small fraction of the 26 volumes that have been written so far. If you read the manga version of those voumes after you have watched the anime you may learn some more about Berserk including a few interesting (and very important) details which were left out of the anime, like the Skull Knight. Besides, Dark Horse hasn't released volume 7 yet, so you might as well read what they've released while you wait.

I'm now going to close this thread and refer all follow-ups to Berserk

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-03-01 at 03:35.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 22:18   Link #96
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

How often is Berserk's manga published?

Well the last volume (26) was published in december... Does anyone here know when is the next one coming?

Thanks.
Old 2004-03-05, 23:49   Link #97
ShadowX114
is my nickname

I'm new to Berserk manga and I also have up to 26 but I read somewhere that someone has already volume 28!!

Also, this kind of question is not allowed.
Old 2004-03-06, 00:15   Link #98
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

The question is "how often" not "when" so I'm allowed to ask
Old 2004-03-06, 00:26   Link #99
ShadowX114
is my nickname

well...no offense but re-read your post. You actually said "when"
Anyway, I should stop this cuz pointless topics are not allowed but im still searching for the post where that guy talked about volume 28.
Old 2004-03-06, 00:30   Link #100
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
this isn't asking about scanslations.... it's asking about the actual manga.... and if i'm right... i think i am, but if i didn't i wouldn't be answering.... the collected version is printed every 6 months, as the non-collected is a monthly.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen