AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-09, 15:16   Link #20761
Zakoo

Come on, generalizing a few comments to a global population isn't worth your time. Those are a minority of people, you shouldn't take it too seriously.
Old 2012-04-09, 15:17   Link #20762
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Come on, generalizing a few comments to a global population isn't worth your time. Those are a minority of people, you shouldn't take it too seriously.
A minority of people that seem to get what they want on a fairly regular basis.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:23   Link #20763
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
You know that 12% of the country still thinks Obama is a Muslin... this issue alone is a worrying sign that the population of this country has a very serious problem when it comes to thinking critically. They are easily controlled by oversimplified talking points and catchy phrases.

Reading the comments section of that article is just truly depressing. It is like these people are begging to bend over and F**ked by corporations.
I wholeheartedly agree with you Sugetsu.
It would seem that Americans do indeed prefer to be bent over by corporations than seek the truth.
Old 2012-04-09, 18:28   Link #20764
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Facebook snaps up Instagram for $1 billion

AOL gets $1 billion for selling instead of suing

I love that last option.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-10, 05:13   Link #20765
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China, between a rocket and a hard place on North Korea
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83902J20120410
Old 2012-04-10, 08:46   Link #20766
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

http://thinkprogress.org/special/201...john-danforth/

Quote:
Two years ago, former Missouri Republican Senator John Danforth, who also served as George W. Bush’s ambassador the U.N., told the New York Times that he worried about his party’s swerve to the hard-right. Specifically, he said, “If Dick Lugar, having served five terms in the U.S. Senate and being the most respected person in the Senate and the leading authority on foreign policy, is seriously challenged by anybody in the Republican Party, we have gone so far overboard that we are beyond redemption.”
That day, it seems, has come. Today, as early voting begins in Indiana’s GOP Senate primary, two mainstream conservative organizations are opening fire on Sen. Dick Lugar (R-IN) and backing his opponent, State Treasurer Richard Mourdock (R).
The Wall Street-backed Club for Growth Action is airing a 30-second TV ad and two 60-second radio ads tomorrow going after Lugar for being too willing to compromise with Democrats. “Dick Lugar might be a statesman, but he’s not a conservative,” one ad warns. “Indiana conservaties deserve better than Obama’s favorite Republican.”
Old 2012-04-10, 09:11   Link #20767
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/04...canadian-mint/
Quote:
The Royal Canadian Mint has proposed going one step further: the death of hard currency altogether.

Last week, the Mint announced the release of MintChip, a completely digital currency. “Money, as we know it, is fine for today, but tomorrow is a different story,” says an introductory MintChip video. “MintChip is better than cash, since you can use it online.”
Argghghh this is too much of a change for the way I live. I'm a cash/coin user. (and debit/cheque). Nullifying hard money just feels like such a terrible change.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:18   Link #20768
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Argghghh this is too much of a change for the way I live. I'm a cash/coin user. (and debit/cheque). Nullifying hard money just feels like such a terrible change.
It is something to be concerned about because the end-game means every single transaction you ever make is traceable -- both by Good and by Evil.
Old 2012-04-10, 09:48   Link #20769
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:

That would be a big change for me as well; I never pay by debit card and my credit card only serve for buying on internet.

One thing for sure, that would have a inpact on tipping.
Old 2012-04-10, 11:17   Link #20770
GundamFan0083

Quote:

Oh joy, the Banker's dream of a cashless society is coming true.

Soon they will literally "nickel and dime" us for every electronic transfer and rake in large sums of money.
Government will not do a damn thing to stop them because the gov. gets to play Big Brother and monitor every transaction via the transaction records kept by the banks and credit card companies.
Corporations have dreamt of the day all transfers will be cashless so as to be able to add their own little fees in, spam your computer/email/and cell phone with adds for items similar to whatever you purchase (like if you buy a cake at your local baker, you will probably get coupons sent to your phone for ice-cream).

If you think the big boys on Wall Street and Washington have "their hand up your skirt now", watch out! Because a cashless society is the proverbial leash up our asses.

Obama healthcare could worsen U.S. debt: Republican study

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...83905Q20120410

Hybrid owners unlikely to buy another one, study shows

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_new...udy-shows?lite

[20 flights on NKorean rocket path rerouted

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/0...#storylink=cpy
Old 2012-04-10, 12:32   Link #20771
Kokukirin
Shadow of Effilisi

The MintChip sounds like something that Hong Kong has used for over a decade: Octopus card . Let's just say it is very convenient because it speeds up small transactions immensely. There was a public outcry over the card issuer selling information to third-party for a profit. But the convenience is simply too good to ignore.

The Octopus card that I have stores nothing more than the internal cash value and a record of recent transactions. The card issuer may know that someone used the card to take a train from place A to place B, but it would not know that person is me.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:07   Link #20772
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
$530 billion over 10 years by the healthcare bill? Seems very small potatoes compared to the $1.7 trillion bank bailout that happened in a hell of a lot less than 10 years.

Not to mention the cost is probably Republican obfuscation. The Congressional Budget Office's assessment disagrees with theirs, and I'd trust CBO over the Democrats or Republicans any day of the week.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:35   Link #20773
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China ejects Bo from elite ranks, wife suspected of murder
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8390KT20120410
Old 2012-04-10, 21:20   Link #20774
Ridwan

Sharia = Gay Marriage. No wonder civilized countries have been doing their best to outlaw both.
Old 2012-04-10, 21:24   Link #20775
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
China ejects Bo from elite ranks, wife suspected of murder
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8390KT20120410
This is quite a fascinating story as I roam about the net looking for articles... talk about a potential internal kaboom for the ruling elite. o.O
Old 2012-04-10, 21:48   Link #20776
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
Sharia = Gay Marriage. No wonder civilized countries have been doing their best to outlaw both.
Your post is wrong on so many levels. First off, no sharia law does not allow gay marriage. They were married in accordance with it, as interpreted by a rather liberal imam. That's one of the things about islam, there's no centralized hierarchy unlike say, the Catholic church, so there will be more interpretations of it.

Second, civilized countries are the ones doing everything they can to legalize gay marriage, to respect the rights of all citizens, rather than listen to elements who insist on forcing everyone to abide by their moral beliefs. Why should someone like yourself be able to tell two consenting adults they cannot get married?
Old 2012-04-11, 00:26   Link #20777
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
You will have to develop more if you don't want me to troll you like hell or report you, I'm kind enough to let you choose between the two.

'Cause for the time being your post is one of the most stupid I ever saw on the internet, and it's pretty awesome that you managed to do this. So you will have to argue a bit and explain me why the hell you posted this (I hope you want to make something pass?).

Last edited by Zakoo; 2012-04-11 at 00:57. Reason: Grammar failure, inexcusable.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:41   Link #20778
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yes... we're all just hoping it was a horrible typo. So it would be good to expand/clarify.
Old 2012-04-11, 00:43   Link #20779
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
Facebook wants to be the sole exploiter of your personal data. Surprise.
We could call it, "When Corporations Collide" -- sit back and have some popcorn.
Old 2012-04-11, 02:24   Link #20780
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
We could call it, "When Corporations Collide" -- sit back and have some popcorn.
Why are you supporting corn subsidies.......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international