AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-06, 14:19   Link #1281
uis

Yes Canvas 2 is great VN even i play it until now when i have free time...
And my Canvas fever come back when Canvas 3 going release this March...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 13:02   Link #1282
taelrak

What's the new Canvas 3 about? Anyone know?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 14:06   Link #1283
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
What's the new Canvas 3 about? Anyone know?
Well, just like the original Canvas vs. Canvas 2, Canvas 3 is centered around a different cast of characters set in the same school (though I expect some cameos). I haven't received the game yet (hopefully it'll ship this weekend), but I understand that the protagonist is an art student this time (though one of the heroines is a teacher). The lead heroine, Rina, is the school's idol. The Da Capo II team worked on the writing for the game, so I expect it to be pretty decent (and likely written with an anime adaptation in mind). There are lots of images on the official site. Of course, if we want to discuss the game in more detail, we should probably create a game thread.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 14:29   Link #1284
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, just like the original Canvas vs. Canvas 2, Canvas 3 is centered around a different cast of characters set in the same school (though I expect some cameos). I haven't received the game yet (hopefully it'll ship this weekend), but I understand that the protagonist is an art student this time (though one of the heroines is a teacher). The lead heroine, Rina, is the school's idol. The Da Capo II team worked on the writing for the game, so I expect it to be pretty decent (and likely written with an anime adaptation in mind). There are lots of images on the official site. Of course, if we want to discuss the game in more detail, we should probably create a game thread.
Hrm...maybe after more people have it/know about it?

Anyway, they're finally making the Kotori/Nanaka/type character be the lead for once!? Yay!

If only I understood Japanese
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-21, 14:38   Link #1285
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Of course, if we want to discuss the game in more detail, we should probably create a game thread.
And please put a link in this thread so us casual readers can find it!
Old 2009-03-21, 16:33   Link #1286
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
And please put a link in this thread so us casual readers can find it!
Okay, thread created. Will keep updating as more information becomes available (and/or as I get the chance to play it once it arrives hopefully later this week).
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 03:23   Link #1287
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Dragging up an oldie to show off one of my latest infatuations. I still get a good feeling when I think back on this series and I stumbled across these at amazon.co.jp. Being an artbox/Limited Edition enthusiast, I had to start collecting them because Elis is still one of my favorite characters.

Since someone turned me on to Tenso.com (where they give you a Japanese warehouse address to use, then forward packages to you), I've been able to get them from the amazon.co.jp market affiliates way cheap... as in ¥800-1500 vs the¥8,190 that amazon asks. You have to pay a fee to Tenso, of course, but it's still a lot less than the direct order from amazon.

Now, only 8 more of them to get. *sigh* If only I didn't have to make up my mind between artbox/LE stuff and figures...

I still haven't learned much Japanese, but in watching the first episode of the Japanese disk, I was a little surprised by how much I understood. So, I must have picked up on a few things in the year since I first watched this series.

Anyhow... long live Canvas 2... and Elis!
Old 2010-02-11, 00:34   Link #1288
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You know, I catch amazing levels of flack anytime I try to change my avatar from the ravishing Tomoko..... maybe if I switched to Togame in Katanagatari, they'd not notice as much.
Old 2010-02-12, 05:18   Link #1289
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Far be it from me to give you flack about changing an avatar, but I will admit, after seeing that one under your name for so long, it would seem a little weird seeing anything else.

Time for some Tomoko at the Beach. I love that sweet goth-loli swimsuit she wears.

Last edited by Mushi; 2010-02-12 at 05:58.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 23:30   Link #1290
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You know, I catch amazing levels of flack anytime I try to change my avatar from the ravishing Tomoko..... maybe if I switched to Togame in Katanagatari, they'd not notice as much.
The moment you had been linked to Tomoko via your avatar, you had been Cursed With Awesome.

Cheers.
Old 2010-02-15, 15:25   Link #1291
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Dragging up an oldie to show off one of my latest infatuations. I still get a good feeling when I think back on this series and I stumbled across these at amazon.co.jp. Being an artbox/Limited Edition enthusiast, I had to start collecting them because Elis is still one of my favorite characters.

Since someone turned me on to Tenso.com (where they give you a Japanese warehouse address to use, then forward packages to you), I've been able to get them from the amazon.co.jp market affiliates way cheap... as in ¥800-1500 vs the¥8,190 that amazon asks. You have to pay a fee to Tenso, of course, but it's still a lot less than the direct order from amazon.

Now, only 8 more of them to get. *sigh* If only I didn't have to make up my mind between artbox/LE stuff and figures...

I still haven't learned much Japanese, but in watching the first episode of the Japanese disk, I was a little surprised by how much I understood. So, I must have picked up on a few things in the year since I first watched this series.

Anyhow... long live Canvas 2... and Elis!
oye... thanks for the lead on Tenso.
Old 2010-02-15, 20:57   Link #1292
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
oye... thanks for the lead on Tenso.
NP. I've made several purchases using their service and, so far, my experience with them has been very positive.
Old 2011-10-02, 02:12   Link #1293
tyciol
*Artist

Do the first pair of OVAs from season 1 remain unlicensed? I don't see them on tracker but maybe they are down due to the H scenes?
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 02:26   Link #1294
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
Do the first pair of OVAs from season 1 remain unlicensed? I don't see them on tracker but maybe they are down due to the H scenes?
Well, calling it a "season 1" is a bit of a stretch, but in any case it looks more like no torrents of the non-ero version of the episodes are active anymore and/or have been submitted recently. It isn't marked as licensed or removed.
Old 2011-12-11, 16:45   Link #1295
tyciol
*Artist

So I was watching Canvas 2 lately and apparently a lot of characters (I think around 4) show up from the first series as guests.

They are named so I'll check but I'm wondering if maybe some of them were only in the visual novel as opposed to the OVAs, or were perhaps only minor characters in the OVAs.

Anywho, I dub this dude: epic clay vase master!

I am trying to remember if I have ever seen a more epic blunder plot-twister by any other character in any other series. I am drawing a blank.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 09:17   Link #1296
Dorsai

Just started to watch it recently and i cant believe that i didnt want to watch it few years ago... Seems like really good romance

E: Elis and Tomoko are just too cute ;p

E2: Just finished and its best VN adaptation i ever watch... To make it 24 eps was good decision... I cant believe ppl write that they dont understand ending, they didnt saw it coming and there was no sign of Hiroki love to Elis... It was a lot of them... Romance isnt only about dates, kisses, confesions etc. Symbolism behind Elis relationship and Kiri relationship was greatly placed...

And Nazuka Kaori did really great job!! Especially her whispering voice, emotionally perfect...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2012-08-29 at 12:14.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs