AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 17:03   Link #641
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Here's an article by Major Nelson, about the sells of Halo 4 has made.

http://majornelson.com/2012/11/12/ha...first-24-hours
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 18:13   Link #642
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Well he did sorta get digitised as he got "pulled into" the artifact. Just wild guesing here, but it could be a derivative of the Composer. Maybe it was for turning humans into monitors and other ancillas, whereas the Composer was an unfinished tech aimed at turning humans and Forerunners alike into digital forms in order to survive the Flood.
I don't think so. We've seen the real digitization process in-game with the Composer, and this was nothing like that. If my theory's right and it's a container to preserve things, then the digitization fate of the Composer can't be used, otherwise how would the Librarian have reseeded life after the Halo Array fired? If that's the case, then it can't possibly be a digitization process else the original plan of the Didact's using the Composer would've been fine in the first place.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:36   Link #643
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I don't think so. We've seen the real digitization process in-game with the Composer, and this was nothing like that. If my theory's right and it's a container to preserve things, then the digitization fate of the Composer can't be used, otherwise how would the Librarian have reseeded life after the Halo Array fired? If that's the case, then it can't possibly be a digitization process else the original plan of the Didact's using the Composer would've been fine in the first place.
Well the Composer was a flawed design cos the Forerunners wanted it to preserve sentient beings in digital forms with the eventual aim of turning them back to organics once the Flood is gone. Obviously that didn't work and the Didact repurposed it to turns humans into Prometheans instead.

The reason the Forerunners rejected the Composer was because once a life form gets digitised, it can't revert back to organic. Apparently turning them into AI's was fine (Monitors were originally humans, after all), which is what I am guessing the Artifact might have been used for.

There are lots of simpler ways to preserve and reseed life. The Librarian could simply index all the relevant genetic coding for any particular species and reseed as was timely. The existing humans and Forerunners and all other sentient species didn't get to "live on", which is what you were probably thinking about. They died as the Halos fired.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 17:16   Link #644
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

Ep 3 preview is out! Guess who makes an appearance.
Old 2012-11-16, 17:33   Link #645
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
Hahaha, can't wait. This is probably going to be the best episode, the Originator herself shown up.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 19:32   Link #646
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
Lets see how involved Karen Traviss has been in writing for Halo 4.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 19:35   Link #647
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Argh. I hate lag spikes. Went from 1st place, winning team on one match, to 10 minute lag spike, to drop, to redirect, to last place winning team on the next match. ARGH.
Old 2012-11-16, 19:41   Link #648
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Argh. I hate lag spikes. Went from 1st place, winning team on one match, to 10 minute lag spike, to drop, to redirect, to last place winning team on the next match. ARGH.
It happens, I heard the problem will get fixed soon. Haven't seen much on my side.
Old 2012-11-17, 16:22   Link #649
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Gawd, I'm sick and tired of joining mid-game.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 14:54   Link #650
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ep.03:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

So...
Spoiler:

I'm not sure what Halsey and Lasky's actual heights are, but this ep made me notice how tall the Spartan-IVs were compared to normal humans. Until now I had figured that, because they underwent body augmentation at an age where they had already reached physical maturity, they couldn't get any bigger (not to mention that the Mjolnir gear tends to give the wearer more noticeable bulk), but it seems I was wrong. Oh well, I was probably not paying attention to this until now.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-11-19 at 15:27.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 16:06   Link #651
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for chief spoilers:
Old 2012-11-19, 16:13   Link #652
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for chief spoilers:
Spoiler for Chief:
Old 2012-11-19, 16:17   Link #653
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Spoiler for Chief:
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2012-11-19, 16:18   Link #654
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-19, 17:01   Link #655
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I'm not sure what Halsey and Lasky's actual heights are, but this ep made me notice how tall the Spartan-IVs were compared to normal humans. Until now I had figured that, because they underwent body augmentation at an age where they had already reached physical maturity, they couldn't get any bigger (not to mention that the Mjolnir gear tends to give the wearer more noticeable bulk), but it seems I was wrong. Oh well, I was probably not paying attention to this until now.
I wouldn't totally trust official heights cause sometimes they're wonky. I'd go with the rendered cutscenes, as they seem to be about the best.

And keep in mind. This is what Palmer looked like next to Chief.

I'd guesstimate that most of the SIV's are in the six and a half foot range, with Chief in armor being 7'2. (that's 200cm and 218cm respectively for metric system users)

...somehow the disinclination of any of the SIV's to try to stop Chief when he went awol seems quite sensible

Man. I do find it amusing how TOTALLY unimpressed Halsey is with the Spartan IV's. They really should have picked someone other than the rejects from Majsetic to babysit Halsey!
Quote:
Spoiler for Chief:
Spoiler for spoilers:

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-11-19 at 17:21.
Old 2012-11-19, 17:26   Link #656
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

@Roger Rambo:
Even the rendered scenes can be somewhat contradicting. I mean, when the Chief linked up with Lasky and Palmer's party after the Infinity's crash-landing, Palmer told him "I thought you'd be taller". In that scene, the height difference isn't as noticeable as in the Legendary Ending's final cutscene.

Of course, Palmer's comment could be interpreted as a (wry) joke.

And, yes, I know that scene was rendered by the game engine (or so it seems to me) as opposed to pre-rendered CGI for the LE cutscene and, therefore, proportions will be inconsistent because 343 used different 3D models for either cinematic.

As for MC's wrinkles...
Don't forget it's a close-up and wrinkles will therefore be more noticeable. On top of that, Spartan-IIs, even early in the Humanity-Covenant war, already sported a nice collection of scars, due to either intensive training and active combat (anti-insurgency warfare). In FUD's last episode, you can clearly see that both Fred and Kelly already had a couple of scars on their heads/faces.

In H4's legendary ending cutscene, the Chief has two scars around his left eye, one on his eyebrow and one on his cheekbone. There might be one on the right side, but it could be a visual trick caused by the camera's angle.

As for the rest, well...you could chalk it up to lack of sleep. I mean, he only rests when he gets knocked out - otherwise he's continuously peppering the landscape with ammunition. C'mon, can't you see those dark circles around his eyes? J/K
P.S. Yes, I know there is a theory making the rounds, according to which his dark eyes are
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-11-19 at 17:44.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 17:34   Link #657
Helius

About Jorge, I've read somewhere that he spent the majority of his years deployed on Reach, sort of like a home-based Spartan. So he probably didn't get to spend much time in cryo if he wasn't frequently being redeployed elsewhere like the Chief, hence the normal aging. It also explains why he spoke fluent Hungarian, due to the prominent Hungarian settlements on Reach.
Old 2012-11-19, 18:35   Link #658
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
@Roger Rambo:
Even the rendered scenes can be somewhat contradicting. I mean, when the Chief linked up with Lasky and Palmer's party after the Infinity's crash-landing, Palmer told him "I thought you'd be taller". In that scene, the height difference isn't as noticeable as in the Legendary Ending's final cutscene.

Of course, Palmer's comment could be interpreted as a (wry) joke.
It's a reference back in Halo CE, when the marines would respond to you showing up and saying "I'd thought you'd be taller!"

Hence why I put rendered cutscenes. In most of the rendered cutscenes (excluding the one with Lasky and Palmer together), The Spartans have been portrayed as TOWERING over regular humans.
Quote:
About Jorge, I've read somewhere that he spent the majority of his years deployed on Reach, sort of like a home-based Spartan. So he probably didn't get to spend much time in cryo if he wasn't frequently being redeployed elsewhere like the Chief, hence the normal aging. It also explains why he spoke fluent Hungarian, due to the prominent Hungarian settlements on Reach.
That, and Reach was Jorges homeplanet.
Old 2012-11-19, 22:12   Link #659
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
It's a reference back in Halo CE, when the marines would respond to you showing up and saying "I'd thought you'd be taller!"

Hence why I put rendered cutscenes. In most of the rendered cutscenes (excluding the one with Lasky and Palmer together), The Spartans have been portrayed as TOWERING over regular humans.
That, and Reach was Jorges homeplanet.
I forgot all about that joke back then. Haven't touch my Halo 1 in years, thanks for the information.

Also, yeah Chief is very tall. What is surprising is that Jorge happens to be only 2 inches taller than Chief.

What did you thought about Palmer's and the other Spartan IVs' reaction to Halsey? Understandable they would be wary, but to treat her like a monster is well........you know.
Old 2012-11-20, 07:47   Link #660
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Also, yeah Chief is very tall. What is surprising is that Jorge happens to be only 2 inches taller than Chief.
Chief is only 7'2 in his armor. So if they were both in their armor, Jorge would be more than 2 inches taller than him.

Also. This weeks Spartan Ops. One of the missions gives the entire coop party Mantis's.

It's amazing how puny that makes half a dozen hunters look.

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117