AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

Old 2008-06-30, 06:03   Link #61
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

(I don't consider these spoilers because it's basically lifted from novel descriptions)

Ami is Kitamura's childhood friend. She's a profressional model and is pretty, sweet, friendly etc. Except that the impecculate exterior is an act - she's really quite mailicous deep down. Only Kitamura, Ryuji and Taiga knows about her true personality. She and Taiga instantly became arch enemies on their first meeting when she provoked Taiga (not smart ^^ with her true personality.

She's arguably the more interesting main female characters out of the three as her true intentions are never quite clear. Also not only does she plays an important part in providing a lot of comedy (her verbal arguments with Taiga are insanely crazy), but she also furthers the relationships between the characters. She's a catalyst character in the story so her seiyuu's ability is quite important.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 06:10   Link #62
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh she sounds like an interesting character, thanks for the description. First appearance is volume 2 I assume?
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:31   Link #63
Avisch
Reality Blender

Quote:
She's a profressional model and is pretty, sweet, friendly etc.
As soon as I read that, I thought: "She is not gonna get along with Taiga at all".
Haven't read her related chapters yet. I probably should now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post

With that out of the way though, I do have to say if it's true then I'm pretty satisfy with the choice.

Kugimiya Rie is a no-brainer, Hocchan as the bubbly and bright Minori works. I just have a tiny little bit of doubte about Kitamura Eri until I hear her Ami. Personally even though I think she is a great actor with good range but her voice is leaning towards the deeper end of the voice spectrum and isn't quite sweet/moe enough to portray the sugary perfect exterior of Ami (though the interior I'm sure she will handle VERY well). I was kind of hoping that Kuwatani Natsuko will do Ami but it's not a big issue and I think KitaEri can probably cast off my tiny bit of doubt once I actually hear her.
I share this aswell. Hocchan is very good with Minori-esque characters. I haven't listened to Kitamura much though.

I'm happy with Hirofumi Nojima as Ryuji. At first I thought this was funny because Ryuji's best friend looks very much like Ike, but that aside I think he is perfect for role, never really thought about Ryuji's voice though....

Now to wait until autumn.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-30, 12:41   Link #64
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Seeing as this is picked up by JC Staff, much to my dismay which I hope can be dispelled when the first episode airs, I would think they might reunite Kugimiya with Kawasumi Ayako for a 3rd series with Kawasumi doing Minori.

Though Hino Satoshi certainly does not give that "timid guy with an intimidating face" feel of Ryuji, so there goes the Shana/ZnT reunion. I would have either Sugita Tomokazu (Kyon) or Nakamura Yuuichi (Tomoya from Clannad) do him if I were to do the casting, but they would still be too "cool" for Ryuji.

Funny too I was thinking of Kuwatani Natsuko initially doing Ami, because of her, well, personality. Read the goddamn novel and find out why. Kuwatani did Asakura Ryoko, that's as much hint as I'll reveal why I'd prefer her doing Ami.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 22:09   Link #65
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Is this coming out next season?
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 22:16   Link #66
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Is this coming out next season?
Yes, in the Fall.
I suggest looking at previous pages next time before asking.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-10, 13:51   Link #67
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Funny too I was thinking of Kuwatani Natsuko initially doing Ami, because of her, well, personality. Read the goddamn novel and find out why. Kuwatani did Asakura Ryoko, that's as much hint as I'll reveal why I'd prefer her doing Ami.
...Ami even looks like Ryoko. When I saw the volume 2 images on Baka-Tsuki (I haven't actually started reading the volume yet, because I wanted to wait until volume 1 chapter 6 was finished being translated [and, in fact, only today got around to reading the chapter today]), I went, "Hey, it's Ryoko!" XD
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-17, 07:03   Link #68
kaisama

so Rie Kugimiya will do Taiga? for a straight forward character? what a let down to me
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 16:29   Link #69
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Something else I noticed: the student council president looks a whole lot like Haruhi (the goddess, not the host club member), and even has similar personality aspects.
Old 2008-07-22, 12:15   Link #70
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Note that this cast is currently unconfirmed, as stated by Moonphase.

With that out of the way though, I do have to say if it's true then I'm pretty satisfy with the choice.

Kugimiya Rie is a no-brainer, Hocchan as the bubbly and bright Minori works. I just have a tiny little bit of doubte about Kitamura Eri until I hear her Ami. Personally even though I think she is a great actor with good range but her voice is leaning towards the deeper end of the voice spectrum and isn't quite sweet/moe enough to portray the sugary perfect exterior of Ami (though the interior I'm sure she will handle VERY well). I was kind of hoping that Kuwatani Natsuko will do Ami but it's not a big issue and I think KitaEri can probably cast off my tiny bit of doubt once I actually hear her.
Still the male lead is again voiced by another nobody (save his role as Ike in FE9/10)
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 23:09   Link #71
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Fall seems so far away...but after reading the first volume and seeing the cast I'm really looking forward to this now
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 01:41   Link #72
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Where the heck is my trailer
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 10:25   Link #73
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Still the male lead is again voiced by another nobody (save his role as Ike in FE9/10)
Erm...you mean Hayato Ike in Shakugan no Shana. There is a big difference between a sword-wielding lord from an SRPG and a glasses-wearing, fairly normal student from a light novel/manga/anime series.

But he's also voiced some (other) characters that I liked fairly well (or at least were in series that I like). Two examples: Tohma H. Norstein, from Digimon Savers (go genius rich kids! >_> XD), and my favorite, Boogie-kun, from Karin (I mean, who doesn't love a semi-psychopathic little talking plush doll? Especially when paired with a gothic lolita vampire. Oh, and did I mention that in the manga,
Spoiler:

EDIT: Whoops...wasn't paying attention. Thanks, Cats.

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2008-07-24 at 07:42.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:07   Link #74
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Use [spoiler] instead of [spoil] please, lol.

I just hope Ryuji's eyes/face are kept as a complete scarecrow fest.
I think it can be really amusing in a animated format...

Other then that, no real big expenctation for Tora Dora.
Old 2008-07-23, 12:56   Link #75
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisama View Post
so Rie Kugimiya will do Taiga? for a straight forward character? what a let down to me
So the Trinity shall become the Fantastic Four.

Seriously though, yeah, disappointment, except for most otaku and seiyuu fanboys out there. The Americans are hardly the only ones guilty of typecasting. She plays good tsundere, but she can only be one tsundere -- heck, as a talented voice actor she probably has capacity for more, but fan and producer expectations will do its job otherwise -- and that renders all the different subtleties of her characters mute. Shana wasn't Louise and she wasn't Nagi, yet they sounded the same in similar situations.

Plus, while it's been a long time since Shana S1, I thought her performance as Shana S2 was awkward at best, considering Shana S2 wasn't so much tsundere as just socially awkward and cheesy and it shows.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 13:51   Link #76
Man0warr

Its JC Staff, of course shes going to get the lead. Shes the lead in almost every Dengeki light novel/manga adaption they do, either as tsundere voice or her playing a male

I don't get peoples beef, yeah SNS and ZnT fell a bit off course (ZnT 3 seems to be sticking way closer to the novel though, s2 was meh), but I think they can do a series justice if they get enough episodes, sometimes they don't have a choice but to change the story a bit or it would just be awkward - for instance
Spoiler:
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 04:58   Link #77
kaisama

playing persona 4 and I loathe Rie's voice even more, what happen to my Rise

the bright side is, I can use her voice to attack my friends.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 07:44   Link #78
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
So the Trinity shall become the Fantastic Four.

Seriously though, yeah, disappointment, except for most otaku and seiyuu fanboys out there. The Americans are hardly the only ones guilty of typecasting. She plays good tsundere, but she can only be one tsundere -- heck, as a talented voice actor she probably has capacity for more, but fan and producer expectations will do its job otherwise -- and that renders all the different subtleties of her characters mute. Shana wasn't Louise and she wasn't Nagi, yet they sounded the same in similar situations.

Plus, while it's been a long time since Shana S1, I thought her performance as Shana S2 was awkward at best, considering Shana S2 wasn't so much tsundere as just socially awkward and cheesy and it shows.
She's also is good at voicing stalker characters. (Or one in particular, at least.) >_>

EDIT: Also, I have noticed that Shana does tend to have a slightly deeper voice than the two other major loli tsundere characters Rie Kugimiya has played, so it's not like the voices sound exactly the same.

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2008-07-24 at 08:48.
Old 2008-07-24, 11:20   Link #79
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Kugimiya can in fact do a lot of different voices, and do them well to boot, if my love of Kasugano Nene of Potemayo shows. Only problem is that her loli tsundere voice is really starting to bleed my ears, and I for one won't be looking forward to her voice in this show. (Heck, for the first time in memory, I for one am not looking forward to a Japanese audio track in a game that's coming in december, mainly because of Kugimiya. XD)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 12:46   Link #80
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
(Heck, for the first time in memory, I for one am not looking forward to a Japanese audio track in a game that's coming in december, mainly because of Kugimiya. XD)
How about a game that came out in Japan last December, for the DS, that features Kugimiya voicing two characters?

(Hint: the game was released in the US two days ago, July 22nd. ...I think. I might have to check the date for the game again...but whatever.)

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen