AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-06, 03:46   Link #21
Innotech

I am incredibly pissed right now. I preordered Kinos journey vol 4 and it was supposed to come in last week, but it STILL hasnt come in.
I am so anxious to see the last few episodes its not even funny.
Innotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 05:05   Link #22
Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep 13:
Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 08:06   Link #23
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles
Spoiler for ep 13:
Spoiler:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 16:29   Link #24
Innotech

Wow. Just.....wow. I cant really describe what I just saw on vol 4. WOW.
maybe when I recover Ill edit htis.
Old 2004-07-10, 20:24   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm... episode 13 is good, but I don't think it's the best... It's very emotional and touching, however IMO it's a bit too emotional that feels somewhat not in tune with the whole style of Kino no Tabi.

episode 12 is still the best episode for me, the more you think about it, the more depth there is. I really love the "Mother's Love" theme.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 09:05   Link #26
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I liked episode 13 because it was emotional.

Spoiler:

The best thing about Kino's Journey is that none of the plot twists seem contrived... while watching it, I never once got the feeling that the series was being dark and mysterious just for the sake of being dark and mysterious. Every single episode has genuine meaning and depth.

Last edited by Dagger; 2004-07-11 at 11:52.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 10:45   Link #27
Yxy
chaunen...

12 was the best for me too...
I was trying to guess what the two armies were going to do,
and when they starting doing whatever they did, I really went OMFG
(stunned, jaw hit the floor)
Haven't had that kind of feeling in a while...
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 13:44   Link #28
Innotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yxy
12 was the best for me too...
I was trying to guess what the two armies were going to do,
and when they starting doing whatever they did, I really went OMFG
(stunned, jaw hit the floor)
Haven't had that kind of feeling in a while...
that pretty much summed up my mothers reaction to that scene too. I was sort of expecting something really sick and twisted so I wasnt all that shocked by it.
Old 2004-07-11, 13:53   Link #29
dreamless

Well, I kinda expected that part when the two armies prepare to fight the "war"... however it caught me totally off-guard with the conversation between the director and Kino later...
Old 2004-07-12, 14:11   Link #30
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Sakura:
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 14:03   Link #31
Shinigami
Shiki Fuujin

yeah i also was surprised by this series, the art throu me off a little glad i gave it a try.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-13, 22:55   Link #32
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
good series to collect really touching parts i love the series and i hope there is a sequel
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-27, 20:50   Link #33
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
There's a lot more in the unlicensed novels which I plan to be getting out more of soon Only did chapter 1 so far of though, but as you can tell from this picture of mine:

http://128.238.9.226/kinonovels.jpg

you can just imagine how much more was written. The episodes thye chose and animated for the anime were great, but there's so many more~
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 02:01   Link #34
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Since your picture implies that you are quite the expert on Kino's Travels can you answer a question that has been bothering me? Where does episode 0 fit in with the rest of the series?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-28, 02:40   Link #35
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Since your picture implies that you are quite the expert on Kino's Travels can you answer a question that has been bothering me? Where does episode 0 fit in with the rest of the series?
well, from here

http://www.kinonotabi.com/book.html

you can see that the "Country of Tower - Free Lance" is chapter 11 of book IV, so it's part of the original novels...

I'm not sure what do you mean by how it "fits in" with the rest of the series, since most of the episodes in Kino no Tabi are self-contained and don't have much relation to other episodes, so I guess you can see episode 0 is just one of the countries that Kino travelled to. The anime series also don't follow the order of the original novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
*drools*
Old 2004-07-28, 14:32   Link #36
White_Line

Send a message via AIM to White_Line
Wink

Hmmm... I saw the series at my local Best Buy...

I might go get it since you all like it so much. ^__^
White_Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 15:23   Link #37
dreamless

some nice kino cosplay

Spoiler:

Old 2004-11-27, 08:10   Link #38
7thMethuselah

Kino's Travels?

Kino no Tabi : after finding a 12 min preview episode for it in which people are building a tower for no reason I got intrigued by this anime. What I wanna ask is : Is it worth it? It has an surreal atmosphere about it I really like and the art is pretty awesome too (espacially the scanlines that goes over the animation, adds to the surreality of it). I allready found a place to buy it, but as I rarely buy sstuff I haven't seen I wanna ask your opinions:
Is it really gonna stay so off-world throughout the anime? Is it worth the money? What exactly is it about? etc ...

Any opinions are appreciated.

PS Seems a certain mods avatar comes from this show, quite a surprise
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 09:30   Link #39
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Kino no Tabi : after finding a 12 min preview episode for it in which people are building a tower for no reason I got intrigued by this anime. What I wanna ask is : Is it worth it? It has an surreal atmosphere about it I really like and the art is pretty awesome too (espacially the scanlines that goes over the animation, adds to the surreality of it). I allready found a place to buy it, but as I rarely buy sstuff I haven't seen I wanna ask your opinions:
Is it really gonna stay so off-world throughout the anime? Is it worth the money? What exactly is it about? etc ...

Any opinions are appreciated.

PS Seems a certain mods avatar comes from this show, quite a surprise
I suppose it appears once a year at the very least- an animated title you just can't really fit into any genre but is great to watch and keep [like Lain]. The show setup is pretty much episodic, save for 2 episodes in the middle that feature some of the most hardcore melee scenes I've come across in the last 5 years.

But the show in a nutshell: we have the Traveller who goes by the name of Kino, with a talking motorbike name Hermes as a constant companion. Now, the pair are on a journey to visit every country on Earth and experiance the local culture and customs- no matter how bizzare, illogical and dangerous it is. The never stay longer than 3 days, of course sometimes they really have to get out of where they are a lot sooner. But each place is unique, and sometimes the pair will be forced to intervene.

Through it all, they get to see both the very best and the absolute worse in humanity. From a society obsessed with maintaining social order, how far a bloke will go to survive in winter, observing the power of rumour, explaining the effect of having a pointless job, to living with a family of dolls and maybe even learning how to fly [my fav. ep ]. Unique show to say the least and a must watch IMO.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 09:42   Link #40
dreamless

The best part about Kino no Tabi is, there's no clear right or wrong, no good or evil, no real bad guy or good guy. it shows that the good part of humanity can be quite ugly, and the darker side of humanity can be necessary. Very thought provoking and artistic. I'd say it's simply one of the best shows ever!

Tags
adventure, shounen