AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favourite Toradora! character(s) - Final Take!
Takasu Ryuuji 152 50.00%
Aisaka Taiga 186 61.18%
Kushieda Minori 114 37.50%
Kawashima Ami 162 53.29%
Kitamura Yuusuke 38 12.50%
Kanou Sumire 49 16.12%
Kihara Maya 13 4.28%
Kashii Nanako 8 2.63%
Haruta Kouji 17 5.59%
Noto Hisamitsu 15 4.93%
Kogaikubo Yuri 29 9.54%
Takasu Yasuko 62 20.39%
Inko 49 16.12%
Others (specify) 3 0.99%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-06, 04:38   Link #41
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Ami is the best character of the series. I dont have a thing for moes so Taiga was nothing but an annoying character for me. Ami was much better with her mature side and her childish one as well. And her rather tragic affection towards Ryuuji.
Old 2009-07-13, 18:25   Link #42
Rita
한국어 guru

I picked everyone but Taiga. I think that every character is great!
I just don't like Taiga's actions and attitude, very much. And she's not a good match to Ryuuji either. >_>; I like Ryuuji because of his personality, I like how he's understanding and calm and I like his character design. Ami because I like her different styles throughout the anime and how she likes Ryuuji and trys to show him, yet he thinks she's just playing with him. And that she tries to act all pleasant but Ryuuji can see right through it. I like Minorin because of how she acts. She's super duperly crazy and I love it! XD Kitamura is cool because he's like Minorin, but just a tad bit less crazy. Sumire is cool because I like her bossy attitude and her character design. Maya, Kashii, Haruta, Noto because they're all side characters with great character design. I like Haruta's perverted attitude and how Maya likes Kitamura. Yasuko, because she's a really odd parent. She acts just like a kid, which is why I like her. I like Inko because I like her voice and how she says the most random things. I like the teacher, Yuri, because of her singleness. XD IDK, I just like everyone! They're all amazing.
Old 2009-07-13, 22:03   Link #43
Doragon

So you simply hate Taiga because she's tsundere? Blasphemy. Loljk.

I'd pick Kitamura and Minorin if I could vote for two, but since no one can, I'll have to go with Minorin. She's pure win.
Old 2009-07-14, 09:38   Link #44
Torana
Seņorsita Tigre

x. Ryuuji
x. Taiga
x. Ami
x. Ya-chan
Old 2009-07-29, 12:24   Link #45
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

I gotta say I'm surprised Ami is the second most popular character.
Of course Taiga was gonna be number 1, but I was expecting Ryuuji to be number 2
Old 2009-08-03, 21:15   Link #46
Darknemo2000

Taiga only picked up the first due to the last few arcs and xmas stuff - before that Ami was clearly leading in the polls.

I find Ami's personality much more complex than Taiga's or Ruuji, so its not hard to beat Ryuuji, while Taiga due to her moe-blob stuff is much harder.
Old 2009-08-03, 21:24   Link #47
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
while Taiga due to her moe-blob stuff is much harder.
...How is Taiga a moe-blob at all...?
Old 2009-08-04, 10:42   Link #48
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
...while Taiga due to her moe-blob stuff is much harder.
I don't think Taiga fits the typical mold of the simpering moe-blob. On the contrary, despite her height, she's a driven character with a multifaceted personality, a temper just as volatile as a tactical nuke, and tough as nails. And she shatters that mold violently.

Addendum: Taiga is my favorite character, like hard-edged malt liquor. She reminded me of a favorite comedy actress who used to do "tsundere" teenage roles before even that term was invented.

Last edited by sa547; 2009-08-10 at 12:19.
Old 2009-08-05, 16:24   Link #49
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i vote for taiga and ryuuji, hey what can I say

yuri for being an awesome teacher and yasuko for being a great mom

haruta because he has a girl friend
Old 2009-08-06, 21:53   Link #50
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Voted for Taiga, Ryuuji, Yasuko and Inko.

I was going to vote for Kitamura, too, but that was before I remembered that a) he was kind of boring, and b) when he wasn't being dull or an extreme Santa, he was whiny. Also, terrifying highlighter-toned hair is terrifying.

As for the ones I actually voted for...well, Taiga and Ryuuji don't really need much explanation. They were both great characters in general, and it of course helps that Taiga is fricking adorable and I want to take her home.

Yasuko and Inko combine to form the Entertainment Squad. Haruta would've been in there, too, but I forgot to vote for him he doesn't exist.
Old 2009-08-07, 03:39   Link #51
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

You like this show too? <_<
Old 2009-08-07, 11:22   Link #52
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Yeah, along with numerous others. I just rarely wander away from the Haruhi threads.
Old 2009-08-08, 01:59   Link #53
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...How is Taiga a moe-blob at all...?
She is a rather typical tsundere, with super increased dere in the end for a better moe effect, not to mention she is incredibly clumsy too (which adds to that disgusting sweetness all around, disgusting because I felt they over did it). Well thats my personal opinion as I never liked her character, though I usually end up liking tsunderes.
Old 2009-08-08, 02:28   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

MIO is a moeblob. YUI is a moeblob. MIKURU is a moeblob.

Taiga is a well-developed, likeable character. I don't know how you can ignore the fact that she actually has a huge amount of character development, unlike every other 'moe' character ever.
Old 2009-08-08, 03:00   Link #55
Darknemo2000

I don't see her as well-developed and likable character, for me her development was rather superficial and she is sure not likable for me. But again, as I said, this is personal opinion, and I never tried to hide that I dislike this character.
Old 2009-08-16, 21:47   Link #56
Olaguer

Taiga - Like Ryuuji said, she's so small that she looks like a doll and she's cute that way.

Ami - I never had a clue that Taiga likes Ryuuji from the start after Kitamura rejected her and so is Minorin but Ami is the only one who sees through on all of those. She's just awesome.

Ryuuji - While Ami's the only one who understands everyone's feelings, Ryuuji is the only one who sees through Ami. Everyone's calling Ami a matured person but Ryuuji is the only person who told her she's acting like a kid. I think that's the reason why Ami fell inlove with Ryuuji.
Old 2009-08-20, 15:02   Link #57
Akka

Err...
I'm not particularly fond of Taiga, but I fail to see how she comes even close to "moeblob".
Except for her size, she's in fact the complete opposite of a moeblob...
Old 2009-08-23, 02:21   Link #58
Astrid Widjaja
Anime 4eva
*Artist

a....
it's hard for me to choose one of them
or to choose
I just love them all
Old 2009-08-24, 21:45   Link #59
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Taiga - cool and cute

Ami - sarcastic but in a nice way

Kushieda - nahh love her antics

Kitamura - just like Kushied crazy !!!!

Ryuuji - best male lead last year ^^ , nice character very suited for Taiga (IMO) ^^
Old 2009-09-07, 01:26   Link #60
mammothb

Ami - she played a great tragic character, from the way she matured throughout the series. although her ending was kind of sad but I'm sure having someone who understands her even though it isn't love will make up for it:/

Taiga - mostly because of the side of her she hides behind the mask of the palm-top tiger. Her clumsiness at love makes her very adorable too!

Ryuuji - Yea well, mainly cuz the whole is done in his perspective, so he gets more development. but he is very loyal and caring towards others. after finding out abt taiga's past, he just couldn't help but stay by her side
Closed Thread